There are various ways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration. This of course depends on various factors such as skill level or training, work experience, age, etc.
Without a doubt, Canada is a country filled with job opportunities. More so, they create a work-friendly environment for foreigners that immigrate to Canada.
Read more about what does a supervisor in office and administration really do at work and what it feel like being and working as one.
Thus, this article contains comprehensive information on how to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in office administration, job responsibilities, employment requirements etc.
In this article
- Who is a Supervisor in office administration?
- Job Responsibilities of a Supervisor in Office Administration
- Careers under supervisor in office administration Canada
- Requirements to work in Canada as a supervisor in office administration
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
- General requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
- Express Entry program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- In-Demand occupations
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
- STEP 1: Create Express Entry profile online
- STEP 2: Select a pathway and apply
- STEP 3: Receive ITA and apply for permanent residency
- STEP 4: Submit your application with supporting documents
- STEP 5: Get your work permit
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Supervisor in office administration?
Supervisor in office administration is an employee who is responsible for the direct supervision and coordination of the activities of clerical and administrative support staff.
Furthermore, professionals in this field supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
Additionally, people who hold this position may also be known as Administrative clerk’s supervisor, attendance records supervisor, clerical supervisor, Office services supervisor, contract clerk’s supervisor among many other job titles.
Indeed, supervisors of general office and administrative support workers supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following minor groups: General Office Workers (141) and Office Equipment Operators (142).
They work both in the public and in private sectors. The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for refrigeration technician in Canada is 1211.
Job Responsibilities of a Supervisor in Office Administration
The job responsibilities and duties of Supervisors in office administration vary to some degree from one employer to another, but the basic responsibility for most is to oversee the work of office employees.
However, to meet this responsibility, supervisor in office administration may perform the following administrative services:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing, record keeping and filing, data entry and other activities involving general office and administrative skills.
- Establish work schedules, procedures, and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments.
- Resolve work-related problems, prepare, and submit progress and other reports.
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Requisition supplies and materials.
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Careers under supervisor in office administration Canada
Indeed, you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration and work under any of the job titles below. They include:
- Administrative clerk’s supervisor
- Attendance records supervisor
- Clerical supervisor
- Contract clerk’s supervisor
- Desktop publishing system supervisor
- Electronic data-processing (EDP) unit – supervisor
- Filing clerks supervisor
- General office clerks supervisor
- Filing service supervisor
- Office machine operator’s supervisor
- Hospital admitting clerk’s supervisor
- Office services supervisor
- Nursing registry supervisor
- Office clerk supervisor
- Operations supervisor
- Photocopy unit supervisor
- Price information clerk supervisor
- Receptionists and hosts supervisor
- Personnel clerk supervisor
- Receptionist supervisor
- Records clerk supervisor
- Telephone operator supervisor
- Records management services supervisor
- Word processing service coordinator
- Records office supervisor
- Registration unit supervisor
- Registry supervisor
- Switchboard operator’s supervisor
- Telephone service supervisor
- Records management supervisor
- Telephone system supervisor
- Unit clerk’s supervisor
- Word processing unit supervisor etc.
- operations supervisor
Exclusion under supervisor in office administration
Of course, the following occupations do not have consideration under NOC 1211 as supervisor in office administration in Canada.
- Office managers – NOC code 1221
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers – NOC code 1212
- library, correspondence and related information workers – NOC code 1213
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations – NOC code 1214
- supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations – NOC code 1215
Requirements to work in Canada as a supervisor in office administration
Without doubt, you need to meet some requirements before you can start working as a supervisor in office administration in Canada.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related to area supervised is usually required.
- Experience in the occupation supervised is usually required.
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
As a prospective immigrant, your age, level of education, work experience, language skills, and others needs to be in conformance with IRCC’s requirements.
In order to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration, it is very important you meet the general requirements.
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
Below are the overall requirements to immigrate and become a permanent resident of Canada as a supervisor in office administration.
Another requirement for immigrants in Canada, especially workers, is the age requirement. Therefore, before you immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration, you must be18 years and above.
Must have completed secondary school or post-secondary education. Besides, an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report must be obtained for certificate verification purpose.
Language skills requirements
You can meet Canada’s immigration language requirement by taking an approved test such as IELTS, CELPIP, TOEFL, PTE, CAEL, TCF or TEF before moving to Canada.
Arranged Employment or job offer
Getting a job offer or arranged employment is not compulsory to immigrate to Canada but can give up to 10 points on Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Your partner’s ability
In addition to the above mentioned criteria, your spouse’s work experience, skills, language proficiency as well as age can increase your CRS score.
Work experience is another requirement to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration. It is usually an advantage when you have an experience in the job.
Therefore, with enough work experience, you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration.
Foreigners who want to immigrate to Canada with their spouse or common-law partner are able to earn 10 points for adaptability.
If your chosen pathway for immigration to Canada is provincial nomination, you will earn extra 600 points on the CRS if successful.Immigrate to Canada as a Papermaking Control Operator
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
Actually, there are (3) popular pathways that aids the immigration of a supervisor in office administration to Canada. These include Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) and In-Demand occupations.
Express Entry program
Undoubtedly, supervisor in office administration are skilled workers as regards to Canada’s Express Entry programs.
However, this pathway to Canada remains the most preferred considering the ease and the multiple programs through which you can immigrate to Canada as a letter carrier are listed below.
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
However, considering the job description and duties of a supervisor in office administration under the NOC code 1211, exploring the Federal skilled program as pathway to Canada will be much easier and beneficial.
Provincial Nominee Program
Certainly, Canada has 11 Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) throughout its provinces and territories with exemption of Quebec and Nunavut. These programs are available to foreigners from many countries.
Some of these PNPs includes:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
Although, these Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) requires you to fulfill an obligation to stay and work within the province or territory for at least 2 years before moving to another.
Undoubtedly, supervisor in office administration can be categorized under the in-demand jobs in Canada. Therefore, you can as well use it as an option to immigrate to Canada.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration
However, here are the steps involved to apply and submit all applications for immigration to Canada as a supervisor in office administration.
STEP 1: Create Express Entry profile online
Firstly, you need to complete an online form on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s website.
Undoubtedly, filling out this online form makes it possible for you to create an Express Entry profile.
STEP 2: Select a pathway and apply
In addition, you must choose an immigration pathway between Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Regardless of your immigration pathway, it is vital for you to update and submit your Express Entry profile on time.
If Provincial Nominee Program is your chosen pathway, you need to request for nomination from your preferred province or territory in Canada and update its information on your Express Entry profile upon acceptance.
STEP 3: Receive ITA and apply for permanent residency
Subsequent to submitting your Express Entry profile, you need to wait until you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency (PR) to Canada.
STEP 4: Submit your application with supporting documents
Once you receive an invitation to apply, you have only 60 days to send your reply to IRCC. If you fail to do so, you may lose your chance of going to Canada.
Therefore, you should start gathering your documents once you begin your immigration process.
STEP 5: Get your work permit
Finally, the next thing is to get your work permit. However, you will only get a reply that your permit has been processed.
Moreover, this will be done within 28 days, so you can start preparing to move to Canada.
Your Canadian journey starts here.
As mentioned earlier, there are many ways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration but to make things simpler we’ve broken down top three (3) options to move to Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average salary of a supervisor in office administration?
The average salary for a supervisor in office administration in Canada is $22.66 per hour.
Am I eligible to migrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration?
Yes. You can migrate to Canada once you have satisfied the occupational and educational requirements to migrate to Canada as a supervisor in office administration.