As a foreigner who wants to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press, you are on the right track!
However, there are certain requirements and conditions you have to meet before your immigration will be possible.
In Canada, printing is lucrative. However, it requires great managerial skills and some level of expertise to record success.
That is why Canada is currently on the lookout for supervisors to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press, to oversee printing business in printing industries in Canada.
Hence, in this article, you will know about the following; Firstly, who a supervisor in the printing press is and what they do; Secondly, the examples of job prospects of supervisors who immigrate to Canada.
Thirdly, the various requirements to work and immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press. Then finally, the different pathways and steps to take to immigrate to Canada.
Table of Contents
- Who is a supervisor in printing press?
- Requirements to work in Canada as a supervisor in printing press
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
- Frequently Asked Question
Who is a supervisor in printing press?
Without a doubt, a supervisor in a printing press and other related occupation coordinate and supervise the activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates, process film, make illustrations on paper, metal, and other material as well as print text. Also, they bind and finish printed products.
Unquestionably, you can get employment in companies that specialize in commercial printing. As well as, in other components of printing such as in combined printing and publishing companies, color or binding reproduction, magazines and newspapers, and various establishments.
And of course, you can be employed in either a private or public sector that has an in-house printing department.
The NOC code assigned to supervision in the printing press is 7303. Hence, you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press.
Main duties of a supervisor in printing press
Oftentimes, we advise every Canadian immigrant to get acquainted with the duties of their job prospects in Canada. That is why we have explained the various responsibilities and duties of a supervisor in the printing press. They are as follows:
- Firstly, you will carry our supervision of printing and related occupation
- Secondly, you will co-ordinate, supervise, and schedule activities of workers who produce printing plates, cylinders, and camera work.
- Also, you will print bind, finish books, business forms, newspapers, and other printed products.
- Likewise, you’ll be tasked to establish unique methods to coordinate work activities and meet work schedules with other departments
- To ensure that the quality of work meets clients’ specifications, you will review and approve all job samples and proves.
- Requisite supplies and materials
- In addition, you will train staff in safety procedures, job duties, and company policies
- Lastly, you will resolve work problems, recommend measures, and provide technical advice to improve product quality and productivity.
Examples of supervisors in printing press jobs
The following are the list of job prospect you will encounter when you immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press. Therefore, get acquainted with this list
- Binders foreman/woman – printing
- Binders supervisor – printing
- Bindery foreman/woman – printing
- Printing Bindery supervisor
- Bindery workers supervisor – printing
- Composing foreman/woman – printing
- Composing room supervisor – printing
- Compositors foreman/woman – printing
- Compositors supervisor – printing
- Engravers foreman/woman (except photoengravers) – printing
- Engraving foreman/woman (except photoengraving) – printing
- Developers foreman/woman- Film
- Developers supervisor- Film
- Film printers foreman/woman
- Printing foreman/woman- Film
- Printing supervisor- Film
- Processing foreman/woman- Film
- Film processing supervisor
- Processors foreman/woman- Film
- Film processors supervisor
- Filmsetter operators supervisor
- Filmsetters supervisor
- Finishing Foreman/woman – printing
- Finishing supervisor – printing
- Gravure press operators foreman/woman
- Gravure printers foreman/woman
- Hand compositors supervisor
- Hot composition foreman/woman – printing
- Letterpress foreman/woman – printing
- Letterpress room foreman/woman
- Mechanical composition foreman/woman – printing
- Offset lithography foreman/woman – printing
- Offset press foreman/woman – printing
- Press operators foreman/woman – printing Offset
- OptiCopy and stripping foreman/woman – printing
- Photocomposer operators supervisor
Requirements to work in Canada as a supervisor in printing press
Importantly, to work in Canada as a supervisor in printing press there are some working requirements you must meet. Some of which are
- You must have language proficiency test results. You’ll be tested based on your English and French proficiency in reading, listening, writing, and speaking.
- In addition, you must have an on-the-job training certificate. Also, you must have completed specialized courses in printing
- Likewise, you must have a quality education. However, the least educational qualification you can have to work as a supervisor in the printing press is a secondary school certificate or high school diploma
The following categories are excluded from immigrating to Canada as a supervisor in printing press under the NOC code 7303
- Firstly, printing plant managers are bluntly excluded (See 0911 Manufacturing managers)
- Likewise, Supervisors of desktop publishing operators as well (See 1211 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers)
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
In a nutshell, the requirements to work in Canada have been stated earlier. However, these are the requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press. The requirements are specific and general
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
Starting with the general requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press, aspiring supervisors must ensure that they completely meet all these requirements to get maximum results
Generally, you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press with a secondary Education. However, it is advisable to get a degree. Having a degree will boost your CRS points and make your Immigration journey easier.
Obviously, your age will determine if you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press or not. This is because the minimum age you can be to work in Canada is 18 years, while the maximum age to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press is 45. This is to ensure that only mature minds and energetic individuals take the job!
Without a doubt, before you will be permitted to supervise workers in a printing press company, you must have substantial experience working in a printing press company. This is because the role of a supervisor is cogent in any organization.
Ideally, your potential can’t be maximized in an organization where there is no effective communication. That is why you must meet the Canadian language requirements in either French or English. There are different testing to know your capability to communicate and these languages
Oh yes! You must be adaptable. Adaptability is the ability to survive in any organization, community, or area you find yourself in. Hence, you must prove that you can adapt to the change of environment by presenting a medical fitness result
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
Specifically, you must satisfy this requirement for you to have a successful immigration application
- Firstly, you must complete a college program in graphic arts technology
- Secondly, you must have several years of experience as a supervisor in the work area you will be applying for in Canada
- Also, you may be required to tender a provincial trade certification for some occupation in this unit group.
- In addition, with tangible experience, you can progress to management positions such as production department, or plant manager.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
Alright, having satisfied the requirements to work and immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press, we will move to the next stage which is the pathways to help you immigrate to Canada
#1. Express entry
Basically, you can choose any programs out of these immigration programs to create your Express Entry profile.
- Canada experience class
- A federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program.
Without a doubt, when you earn a high comprehensive ranking system (CRS) score derived from your age, partner’s ability, work experience, language, etc. You can easily immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press.
#2. Provincial Nominee programs
Truthfully, the Canadian government created a program known as the province nominee program that allows foreigners to choose a particular province they like to live and work in. So, if you decide on a province you will love to stay in, you can apply to the provincial program of that province. If you are luckily chosen, your CRS score will increase by 600.
#3. Job offer
Likewise, when you get a supervision job offer in a printing press establishment in Canada, that will be a great feat for you. You can tender your employment letter so that your CRS points can be improved.
#4. Quebec experience class
Undoubtedly, this is a particular opportunity for you if you want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press in Quebec. But you will have to work and live in Quebec.
Occupation in-demand is also another pathway to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press. So, lookout for a province or anywhere in Canada that is in demand of a supervisor in a printing press and make an application.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
Basically, these are the steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press
Firstly, Create an Express entry account via the official IRCC website. However, it is important to ensure that you input valid information
Secondly, enter a program. This program could either be federal skilled trade programs, Canada Express entry, federal skilled worker program, provincial nominee program, or Quebec experience class.
Thirdly, get an invitation to apply for permanent residence. However, you have 60 days to respond to your invitation
Fourthly, submit all valuable and valid application documents. Note that you will pay a sum of CAD 150 application fees.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the cost of a printing press?
Averagely a printing press ranges from $20,000- to $100,000+. However, a production quota can be as high as $500,000.
There’s a wide range of career prospects for you if you Immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in printing press