The major reasons lots of foreigners immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry is because of the conducive working condition of Canada and the easy immigration programs of Canada.
Undoubtedly, Canada being one of the biggest economic and industrial country in the world needs labor to help maintain its standards, and by so doing it creates employment opportunity for eligible workers around the world that wants to move to Canada as supervisors in textile industries.
Therefore, if you have all it takes to work in Canada as a supervisor in textile industry, then hurry up Canada need your services.
In this article, we will explore the kind of Jobs you can get as a supervisor in Textile industry, the demand of jobs in your career path and the requirement you need to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry.
In addition, you will learn about the pathways and steps you need to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry.
In this article
- What do supervisors in Textile Industry do?
- Examples of jobs under supervisors in Textile Industry
- Main duties of Supervisors in Textile Industry
- Requirements to work in Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
- General requirement to work in Canada
- Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
- #1. Express Entry
- #2. Provincial Nominee Programs
- #3. Job Offer,
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
- Step 1 : Create an express entry account
- Step 2: Enter a program
- Step 3: Find a job in Canada
- Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
- Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
- Step 6: Get your work permit
- Step 7: Arrive in Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
What do supervisors in Textile Industry do?
Supervisors in Textile Industries supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing.
They are mostly employed by textile manufacturing companies, tanneries and other manufacturers of fabric, fur and leather products.
Interestingly, it also good news to know that supervisors in Textile industries are in high demand across Canada both in the private and public sectors.
Every job in Canada has a National Occupational Classification code (NOC), and the code for those looking to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry is 9217.
Examples of jobs under supervisors in Textile Industry
The following are job titles under the NOC code 9217 of supervisors in Textile Industry;
- Alterations supervisor – clothing manufacturing
- Assemblers supervisor – fabric fur and leather products manufacturing
- Beam department foreman/woman – hide and pelt processing
- Bleaching foreman/woman – textiles
- Boot and shoe foreman/woman
- Bootmakers and shoemakers foreman/woman
- Bootmakers foreman/woman
- Canvas products manufacturing foreman/woman
- Card room supervisor – textiles
- Clothing manufacturing foreman/woman
- Cutter supervisor – fabric fur and leather products manufacturing
- Cutting department foreman/woman – fabric fur and leather products manufacturing
- Cutting room foreman/woman – fabric fur and leather products manufacturing
- Dress repairs foreman/woman – clothing manufacturing
- Dressmakers supervisor
- Dressmaking department foreman/woman
- Dressmaking department supervisor
- Dye department foreman/woman – textiles
- Dyehouse foreman/woman – hide and pelt processing
- House foreman/woman – textiles
- Dyehouse supervisor – textile processing
- Embroidery supervisor – fabric products
- Fabric products embroidery supervisor
- Fabric-cutting department foreman/woman
- Felt hat finishing room foreman/woman
- Finishing department foreman/woman – fabric fur and leather products manufacturing
- Finishing department foreman/woman – textile processing
- Department supervisor – textile processing
The following does not include under the Canadian NOC code of supervisors in Textile Industry;
- Machine operators and related workers in textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing (See 944 Machine operators and related workers in textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing)
- Master dyers and textile colour technologists (See 2211 Chemical technologists and technicians)
- Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (See 6342 Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners)
- Technologists and technicians in textile manufacturing (See 2233 Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians)
- Textile machinery mechanics (See 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics)
Main duties of Supervisors in Textile Industry
The following are the main duties and responsibilities performed by Supervisors in Textile Industry;
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of production workers who operate machines to process natural, synthetic and hybrid textile fiber, yarn and thread; bleach, dye and finish textiles; operate manufacturing machines to cut, stitch and produce fabric, fur or leather garments and other products; and inspect textile products.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
- Prepare production and other reports.
- May set up machines and equipment.
Requirements to work in Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
As a foreigner that wants to work in Canada, there are requirements you need to meet. These requirements include the general and specific requirements.
General requirement to work in Canada
As a foreigner who wants to work in Canada you have to meet this requirements for you to have a successful immigration process. And they are;
- Education requirements
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Arranged employment
- Employment experience
#1. Education requirements
In particular, the least educational qualification you can have to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile industry is High School/secondary school certificate.
However, a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree will increase your CRS points and boost your possibility to immigrate.
But, having just a secondary school certificate should not stop you from applying.
#2. Language requirements
Undoubtedly, you cannot do without communicating in any organization you find yourself in. Therefore, you have to get acquainted with the language that is spoken in that country. The official language in Canada is English and French.
Therefore, to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry, you must be vast in either languages or at least one of them.
The following are the language proficiency test you will carry out to test for your proficiency and ability to communicate in Canada
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF) Canada.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) Canada.
#3. Age requirements
However, your age will determine if your eligibility to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry. Majorly, any Textile industry will not employ you as a supervisor if you are not of age. Hence, make sure you are at least 18 years before you begin your application.
#4. Arranged employment
First and foremost, to immigrate to Canada through arranged employment, you must arrange a job position with a Canadian employer.
When an employee in the Textile industry deems you fit for work, you can gain employment and then apply for immigration.
#5. Work experience
Although, gaining employment as a supervisor in Textile industries does not require an outrageous educational qualification. But, having work experience cannot be over emphasized for you to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry.
The minimum work experience you can have is one-year full-time experience. Hence, ensure to meet this requirement.
Importantly, you should know that the Canadian weather could differ from the weather you are used to. Hence, you need to show a certificate of medical fitness to prove your ability to adapt to any weather in Canada.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education in textile technology or a related field may be required for some positions in this group.
- Several years of experience as a worker in the unit group being supervised are usually required.
- Experience may be required in a specific process, or with a specific product or type of equipment.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
There are different pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry. So, check the pathway that best suits your application.
#1. Express Entry
This is the most common pathway that workers use to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry. However, immigrating to Canada through Express entry requires that you meet all the requirements that have been stated earlier.
Therefore, ensure that you meet them all. You can utilize any of these three programs under Express Entry. They are; Trades program, Canada experience class, and Federal skilled worker program.
#2. Provincial Nominee Programs
If you do not want to use the express entry, you can use the PNP. This is equivalent to the express entry.
However, this program is managed by the provincial governments. Therefore, if you meet the requirements for this program, you can apply for it. However, you must be ready to live and work in the province that nominates you. In addition to that, you must be ready to adapt to the weather and work conditions of the province.
#3. Job Offer,
If you have been offered a job in any industry in Canada, you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry with your employment letter.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Textile Industry
These are steps you need to Consider when applying to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry.
Step 1 : Create an express entry account
In order to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry, you must first of all create an express entry profile. This is a compulsory step because, it is the only means to get updates from the IRCC.
Step 2: Enter a program
The second step is to select a program from the available programs. The programs under the express entry include:
- Canada Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Quebec Experience Class
- Quebec skilled worker program
Step 3: Find a job in Canada
The third step is to find a job in Canada. Though this is not compulsory, it is a necessary step to take. However, before you can find a job, you must meet the requirements for the job. In addition to that, your employer must get a clearance from the LMIA.
Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
The fourth step is to get an invitation to apply. This invitation is for candidates with the highest CRS scores. Therefore, before you get an invitation to apply, you must score very high in the comprehensive ranking system.
Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
The fifth step is to submit your application with the supporting documents. Since you will do this within 60 days from the day you receive the invitation to apply, then, make sure that every document is ready. In addition to the application and supporting documents, you must include an application fee of CAD $150.
Step 6: Get your work permit
The sixth step is to get your work permit. However, you will only get a reply from the IRCC that your permit is ready. Therefore, you can begin to prepare for your flight into Canada. However, if any of the supporting documents is missing be or you have not paid your application fee, your application will not be processed. Meanwhile, you will get the application within 28 days of submission.
Step 7: Arrive in Canada
The seventh and final step is to arrive in Canada. When you arrive in Canada make sure to collect your work permit. However, if the permit is not ready when you arrive. Then, fix a date with the immigration officer at the Canadian port of entry non when to come back.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do i need a job offer to immigrate Canada as a supervisor in textile industry?
No, a job offer is not a compulsory requirement to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a supervisor in textile industry?
For a Canadian work permit, it takes about 3 to 6 months to process. However, sometimes due to certain conditions like false information, it can take longer time.
It is very easy to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in textile industry, all you need is to follow the right steps and meet up with the requirements.