The Republic of Indonesia is one country with a terrain that is viable for all kinds of businesses. Therefore, having the Indonesia Business visa will help you take better advantage of the business landscape here. The Republic of Indonesia has markets for textiles, petroleum, natural gas, cement, apparel, etc.
You would be given at least sixty days on your Indonesia business visa to access the viability of the market in the country so that you can start your business and make your profit as you want.
To obtain your Indonesia business visa without hassle, this article has been put- together to give you vital information. Meanwhile, you can briefly read through the basic facts about the Republic of Indonesia for more understanding.
In this article
The Republic of Indonesia which is known as Indonesia is a country in Asia. The country is found in Oceanic and Southeast Asia. It is bounded by both the pacific and Indian oceans. In addition, it has a good number of islands which is about 17,000. The climatic condition here is good for humid and largely hot business.
What’s Indonesia Business Visa
Indonesia Business Visa is a document that is stamped on a foreigner’s international passport to gain entrance into Indonesia for business. The Republic of Indonesia is a good place to do business as there’s the ease of doing business in the country.
The Republic of Indonesia ranks the 72nd In the world as one of the places to do business. The country knew foreigners would want to take advantage of their business feasibility, so they decided to open the doors to other citizens. However, to access the country for business, you would need to get your Indonesia business visa.
The business visa is for foreign nationals seeking entrance into the country for business conferences, business meetings, signs, deals, or other business-related opportunities. The snag is that, with this visa, you can’t do any work for an Indonesian company. The same with not getting employment in any.Indonesian company.
Types of Indonesia Business Visa
There are two types of Indonesian business visas that are issued by immigration. There two types are single entry and multiple entry business visas.
Single entry business visa: The Indonesia business visa single entry, as the name implies, is for an entry to the country for sixty days. This visa duration doesn’t give one the advantage of returning to the country unless one wants to extend the duration for longer. Then the national can get another Indonesia business visa for more than 60 days to get back into the country.
The multiple-entry Indonesia Business Visa: This type of Indonesia business visa is for 12 months (1 year ) duration. With this type of visa, you can get into the country numerous times, and one is allowed into the country for up to sixty days. A Company or organization that obtained multiple entries would have to apply for a Letter of Visa Authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta before entrance into Indonesia.
Who needs Indonesia Business Visa?
Any foreign nationals not on the republic of Indonesia waiver list would need to apply for the Indonesia business visa. If your country is on the waiver list, you can stay up to 30 days in the country without needing the Indonesia business visa. However, if your country is included on that list below, then you must apply for an Indonesia business visa.
- The central African Republic
- The Congo Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Djibouti Equatorial Guinea Eritrea
- North Korea
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
When you intend to stay in the country for more than 30 days and are from a visa-exempt country, you need to apply for a visa to stay for more than 30 days.
Documents required for Indonesia Business Visa
Like every other country that you would need to apply for its business visa with some documents, the Republic of Indonesia is not an exception. Therefore, you would need to submit the recommended documents with your application form for a quick process to get your business visa.
You need the following documents for your business visa process.
- The Indonesia Visa Application: You have to fill and sign it. You can get it from the Indonesia embassy site or in their offices, Letter of Invitation from the company, organization, or institution:
- Proof of payment of visa fee, Proof you have paid the Indonesia visa fee.
- Proof of Airlines ticket; A copy of your round-trip or onward travel ticket.
- Proof of financial stability: You should be able to sustain yourself during your stay via your bank statements
- Business Visa Cover Letter: This should be from the company or organization you work for in your country. It should be written on the company’s letterhead and have the following information: The full address and phone number of the company/organization/institution. And the number of days and entries you are requesting the visa for
- Letter of Invitation from the company, organization, or institution: Get an invitation letter from your host company in Indonesia. It should be written on the company’s letterhead and state the following information: The full address and business visa you request. Also, state whether they have responsibility for your maintenance or accommodation costs.
- International passport: It should be valid for at least six months from the time you will enter the country. Only a copy is needed.
If you apply by mail, you must include a pre-paid self-addressed return envelope with a stamp.
After the visa processing, the Consulate will use the envelope to return your passport and documents. When applying for a multiple-entry Business Visa, you must get a letter of Visa Authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Indonesia. Your sponsor in Indonesia must obtain this on your behalf. Again, If you are not a citizen of the country you live in, you would have to submit a copy of your valid Residence Permit/Visa,
How to apply for Indonesia Business Visa
Applying for the business visa can be done without much hassle; you have to follow the below steps;
Remember you are applying for an Indonesian Business Visa at an Embassy or Consulate of Indonesia,
- First, find out the specific submission requirements.
- Then book an appointment or send the application by mail.
- Go ahead to gather the needed documents for the business visa application.
- Then go ahead to Pay the visa fee.
- Submit the documents and the application to the Indonesian Consulate or embassy via mail/courier.
- Then Wait for the Embassy or Consulate to process your visa application.
- Once the Consulate makes a decision, you will be alerted. Then you can go pick up your documents and passport. If you apply by courier, it will send to you in the same manner.
Indonesia Business Visa application fee
The Indonesia business visa is valid for sixty days for a single entry, but it is one year for multiple entries. The business visa fees are as follows:
- Single-entry Business Visa is $50, and the Multiple-entry Business Visa is $100
- A limited Stay Visa, which is for Six months, is $50 and for One year is $90. Then Two years is $160 while Visa on Arrival is 35$
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you get an Indonesia Business visa?
Yes, you can get an Indonesia business visa on arrival in the country. But you must first be from the country eligible for a visa on arrival.
Where can one pay for an Indonesia business visa?
You can pay for your Indonesia business visa on the official Indonesia website. It can be via purchasing a Money Order or paying via your Credit or Debit Card.
Can you extend your Indonesia business visa?
Yes, you can extend your Indonesia business visa after sixty days. But you need to apply for the extension before the expiration of the previous one.
Can you work in Indonesia with an Indonesia business visa?
No, you are not allowed to work with this visa type. You can’t receive a salary from the Indonesian government with an Indonesian business visa, but you can convert it to a work visa.
How safe is Indonesia?
The country is safe to an extent because the government has put in place numerous counter-terrorism measures to combat all the threats from terrorist groups.
Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
Housing and food are cheap in the country, so it is not expensive to visit, especially if you visit cities like Laos or Cambodia. But if you plan to visit for a tourist purpose, you should budget more money because there are lots of beautiful scenes to visit in the country.
The Republic of Indonesia has an open door policy for foreigners that want to their country for business and other related business opportunities. But one needs to obtain an Indonesia business visa to access the country, so feel free to check the country for your business dreams. The above information will give you all the details you need to get an Indonesia business visa at the snap of a finger.