International students who wish to enroll in Iranian educational institutions need to apply for Iran Student Visa in their home country. Its application process takes up a great deal of time and effort. However, this blog post will guide you in getting the visa without severally due to refused visa application.
As one of the Iran visa types, the Iran education visa offers a variety of opportunities to its holders. The country has more than 200 higher education institutions with wide-ranging program options for foreigners planning to obtain an Iran Student Visa for further studies.
Continue reading to learn more about getting an Iranian Student Visa from the USA, UK, Australia, Nigeria, Pakistan, India, Canada, or anywhere else.
In this article
- Why Study in Iran?
- Who Needs to Apply for Iran Student Visa?
- List of Popular Universities in Iran
- Iran Student Visa Fee
- Processing Time of Iran Student Visa
- Iran Study Visa Requirements
- How to Get Iran Student Visa
- Step 1: Gather all the required documents
- Step 2: Schedule an appointment with an Iranian embassy or consulate
- Step 3: Complete the application form for Iran Study Visa
- Step 4: Pay the necessary fee and submit your supporting documents
- Step 5: Anticipate the Iranian diplomatic mission’s decision
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Study in Iran?
There are many reasons why international students need to consider enrolling in an Iranian educational institution.
- One reason to study in the Islamic Republic of Iran is that your entire stay and study will not be boring, as the country has many attractions. Examples include Nasir al-Mulk Mosque, Golestan Palace, Mount Damavand, Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque, Abbasi Great Mosque, Milad Tower, Eram Garden, Azadi Tower, and Pasargadae World Heritage Site.
- Iran’s people are hospitable and willing to associate with foreign visitors.
- Iran has varieties of delicious foods that you’d love to eat.
- Another reason to choose Iran as your study abroad destination is that the country has numerous universities. These educational institutions offer high-quality programs of study.
- The Republic of Iran has a great culture and a long-standing history.
- The cost of living in Iran is relatively lower when compared to that of the US. It is also cheaper for international students to enroll in an Iranian educational institution.
Who Needs to Apply for Iran Student Visa?
Iran Study Visa is a Type D visa for international students who wish to further their studies in the Islamic Republic of Iran. You can apply for this visa to enroll in an accredited educational institution in Iran.
One strange thing is that researchers and religious studies scholars are also eligible to apply for Iran Student Visa.
To be eligible to apply for this visa, you must have a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, which is obtainable from a recognized Iranian educational institution or ministry.
List of Popular Universities in Iran
Some of the top-ranking Iranian universities are as follows.
- Nooretouba Virtual University, Tehran
- Mofid University
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences
- Khorasan Institute of Higher Education, Mashhad
- Al-Mustafa International University
- Payame Noor University
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
- Golestan University, Gorgan
- Fatemiye University of Medical Sciences, Qom
- Comprehensive University of Technology, Tehran
- Hatef Higher Education Institute, Zahedan
- Sharif University of Technology, Tehran
- Jami Institute of Technology, Isfahan
- Torbat Heydarieh University of Medical Sciences
- Gilan University of Medical Sciences
- University College of Nabi Akram, Tabriz
- Tabari Institute of Higher Education
- Gonbad Kavous University, Golestan
- Iranian Internet University (Tehran)
- Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari
- Islamic Azad University
- Jahad Daneshgahi Academic Institute of Ahvaz
- Alzahra University
- Meybod University
- Jahrom University of Medical Sciences, Jahrom
- Shahab Danesh University
- Kar Higher Education Institute, Qazvin
- Damghan University
- Kharazmi University
- Urmia University of Technology
- Score University
- Fasa University of Medical Sciences, Fasa
- Sahand University of Technology
- Mohaghegh Ardabili University
- Medical University of Ilam
- Razi University
- Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences
- Persian Gulf University
- Hamedan University of Medical Sciences
- Evin University
- Farhangian University
- Qazvin University of Medical Sciences
- Gorgan University of Medical Sciences
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
- Zabol University
- Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences
- Safir Danesh University of Ilam
- K.N. Toosi University of Technology
- Shahid University of Medical Sciences, Tehran
- Abadan University of Medical Sciences
- Gilan University of Medical Sciences
- Shomal University
- Petroleum University of Technology
- Tabriz Islamic Art University, Tabriz
- Qeshm Institute of Higher Education
- Technical and Vocational University
- Kashan University of Medical Sciences
- Hadith Science College, Tehran
- University of Applied Science and Technology
- Raja University, Qazvin
- Yasuj University of Medical Sciences
- Hormozgan University, Bandar Abbas
- Qom Boy’s Technical College
- Amirkabir University of Technology – Tehran
- Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University, Tehran
- Isfahan University of Art, Isfahan
- Gonabad University of Medical Sciences, Gonabad
Iran Student Visa Fee
The cost of getting a study visa for the Islamic Republic of Iran ranges from EUR 10 to EUR 100, depending on the Iranian diplomatic mission where you submitted your application.
When you visit or contact the embassy or consulate of Iran in your country, you can ask a consular officer there for details on the fee payment method.
Processing Time of Iran Student Visa
It usually takes two weeks for Iranian embassies and consulates to decide on study visa applications. This asserts that applicants for Iran Student Visa can pick up their visa-stamped passport within 14 days.
Iran Study Visa Requirements
To satisfy the study visa requirements for Iran, you must possess all of the following documents at hand.
- Your original passport, which should have no less than six months period of validity as of when applying for the visa
- Two copies of your passport’s bio-data page
- Two passport-sized photos in which you wore a headscarf (wearing a headgear is vital to all female applicants)
- An application form, completed for Iran Study Visa
- Your recent bank statement, which demonstrates your financial ability to cover your living expenses in Iran
- An acceptance letter from a recognized university or educational institution in Iran
- Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status from an accredited Iranian school or ministry
- Your visa code
- Evidence of Iran Study Visa fee payment
How to Get Iran Student Visa
If you are confused about getting a visa to Iran for study purposes, taking the following steps one after the other will help you apply successfully.
- Gather all the required documents
- Schedule an appointment with an Iranian embassy or consulate
- Complete the application form for Iran Study Visa
- Pay the necessary fee and submit your supporting documents
- Anticipate the Iranian diplomatic mission’s decision
Step 1: Gather all the required documents
The first step in getting Iran Study Visa involves putting together all documents required for your type of visa application.
This article already contains a list of the documents needed for Iran Student Visa application processing.
Step 2: Schedule an appointment with an Iranian embassy or consulate
Next, you must discover the location of the nearest Iranian diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate). After your discovery, you have to contact the diplomatic mission to find out whether you need to book an appointment with any of its consular officers or not.
Supposing an appointment is necessary to meet a consular officer; you must do that on time via phone call.
Step 3: Complete the application form for Iran Study Visa
The third step is to obtain Iran Study Visa application form from an embassy or consulate. You must fill in the correct details on each field of the visa application form.
Attaching your photograph (passport-sized) to the dedicated space is equally important.
Step 4: Pay the necessary fee and submit your supporting documents
Now that you have completed the form, you must visit the diplomatic mission to pay your application fee. You must also submit your supporting documents in person to a consular officer.
Step 5: Anticipate the Iranian diplomatic mission’s decision
Upon fulfillment of each application procedure, you can start to expect a notification from the embassy or consulate regarding your study visa application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Iran suitable for studying?
Yes, the Islamic Republic of Iran is a good country for both undergraduate and graduate studies. The country is well-known for its academic excellence and its universities.
Can international students work in Iran?
You can work in the Islamic Republic of Iran as an international student. An option is to apply for jobs within the university through your department.
How can I get a student visa for Iran?
To obtain a student visa for Iran, you have to apply through an Iranian embassy or consulate in your home country. The visa application process requires a valid passport, visa code, recent bank statement, two passport-sized pictures, a letter of acceptance from an Iranian school, and a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.
Is it easy to get Iran Student Visa?
Yes, getting a study visa for the Islamic Republic of Iran is not difficult but can take some time.
How much does Iran Student Visa cost?
Iran Study Visa fee varies depending on the applicant’s country of residence. It ranges from €10 to €100.
Is studying in Iran free?
No, the Islamic Republic of Iran does not offer free education to international students. However, the cost of attending an Iranian university is relatively low. It ranges from $900 to $7,000 per academic year.
Getting an Iran Study Visa is not as complicated as it may seem initially. With all that you have learned in this blog post, it can be a breeze.
Thanks for reading!