Steps in Applying for an Iraq Investor Visa
If you are confused about what type of visa can allow you to invest or operate a business in Iraq, applying for an Iraq Investor Visa is your best bet. This type of visa is worth considering for many reasons, especially since Iraq has good prospects for different kinds of businesses and investments.
Without a doubt, there are enormous long-term benefits for foreign investors in the Republic of Iraq. As a result, the country is one of the most recommended businesspersons looking for investment opportunities in Western Asia. Besides, the Iraqi government has set several policies that are enticing to foreign investors.
This blog post will discuss the steps involved in applying for an Iraq Investment Visa, including its processing time, fee, and duration.
Let’s get started.
Why Invest in Iraq?
The following are some reasons to invest in the Republic of Iraq.
- Iraq serves as a strategic location for businesses in the Western Asian region.
- The Republic of Iraq has abundant investment opportunities across vast sectors, including natural resources, banking, tourism, energy, telecommunications, education, and transportation.
- The Iraqi government promotes transparency and provides security for foreign investors.
- Another reason to invest in Iraq is that the country charges low corporate tax and offers tax exemptions.
- It is less likely to lose your money to fraudsters as the Iraqi government fights corruption.
- Investing in Iraq is a good idea as the country has plenty of qualified and skilled labor force.
- You can enter a partnership with Iraqi companies and businesses.
What is Iraq Investor Visa?
An Iraq Investment Visa is a type of visa that authorizes foreign businesspersons and investors to enter the country to lay out their resources for investments. It allows for up to a one-month stay.
Iraq Investor Visa Exemption
Supposing that you hold a valid service or diplomatic passport from Turkey, China, Lebanon, Kuwait, Serbia, or Iran, you do not need to apply for a visa to enter Iraq for investment purposes, provided that your intended stay will not exceed 30 days.
Who can Apply for Iraq Investor Visa on Arrival?
Iraq’s visa policy allows nationals of several countries to have visa-free entry into the Republic of Iraq. These foreign nationals can apply for visas at Iraq’s Ports of Entry.
When you get a Visa on Arrival in Iraq, you can stay in the country for up to 30 days.
Such countries include:-
- The United States of America
- The Netherlands
- South Korea
- The Czech Republic
- The United Kingdom
- The United Arab Emirates
- New Zealand
Iraq Investor Visa Fee
The cost of getting an investment visa to Iraq ranges from $30 to $40, allowing for its holder’s single entry into the country. However, you must depart from Iraq before your visa expires.
Hence, you must reapply for another visa in your home country if you intend to enter Iraq again.
Processing Time of Iraq Investor Visa
In most cases, Iraqi embassies and consulates grant investment visas to eligible applicants within fifteen working days of receiving their applications.
However, the consular officer at the diplomatic mission can refuse your visa application supposing that it is incomplete or you do not comply with its requirements.
Iraq Investor Visa Requirements
To be eligible to apply for an Iraqi Investor Visa, you are required to possess the following documents.
- A valid passport
- A visa application form completed for Iraq Investor Visa
- Two passport-sized pictures.
- A valid proof of fund document, such as your recent bank statement. This document shows that you can sustain yourself in the Republic of Iraq.
- A police clearance certificate, which demonstrates that you do not pose a security threat to Iraq
- Medical examination report
- Proof of reason to enter Iraq, such as an invitation letter from an Iraqi company
- Proof of accommodation in the Republic of Iraq
- Evidence of Iraq visa fee payment
How to Get Iraq Investor Visa
Below are the steps involved in getting an investment visa for Iraq.
- Fix an appointment with an Iraqi diplomatic mission overseas
- Assemble the required documents
- Obtain the visa application form and fill in all blank fields
- Visit the Iraqi embassy or consulate to submit all documents and pay your visa fee
- Hang on to receive the diplomatic mission’s notification
Step 1: Fix an appointment with an Iraqi diplomatic mission overseas
To get an investment visa for the Republic of Iraq, you must first book an appointment (only if necessary) with an Iraqi embassy or consulate in your home country. Undoubtedly, a phone call is one of the best ways to arrange a visa appointment.
Step 2: Assemble the required documents
The second step in getting an Iraq Investment Visa involves collecting all the required documents. Be sure that each of the documents is available before proceeding to Step 3.
Step 3: Obtain the visa application form and fill in all blank fields
Next, you are required to complete the Iraq Investor Visa application form electronically. You must print the form after filling out its fields on your computer.
Step 4: Visit the Iraqi embassy or consulate to submit all documents and pay your visa fee
Afterward, you must go to an Iraqi embassy or consulate to fully pay your visa fee. You must also submit all the required documents, as the diplomatic mission needs them to back up application processing.
Step 5: Hang on to receive the diplomatic mission’s notification
You can anticipate a notification from the embassy or consulate regarding your investment visa application.
Duration of Iraq Investor Visa
An investor visa for the Republic of Iraq has a validity period of one month. This denotes that holders of this visa must leave Iraq within 30 days of their arrival.
On the contrary, you can apply for a visa extension, which would last another 90 days.
READ ALSO: Iraqi Embassy in Canada and its Consular Services.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can foreigners invest in Iraq?
Yes, foreigners can invest in the Republic of Iraq. Besides, the Iraqi government strives to welcome more foreign investors to take any of the many opportunities in the country. However, a few risks are attached to investing in Iraq, making it essential for prospective investors to research before reaching a decision.
Is Iraq suitable for investment?
Yes, the Republic of Iraq is a good country for different investments. Reasons include that the country has enormous oil reserves and natural resources. Iraq also has significant potential for economic growth.
Is it easy to get Iraq Investor Visa?
No, obtaining an investment visa for the Republic of Iraq is not easy. Hence, you may consult or engage the services of an immigration lawyer to represent you all through the visa application process.
How long does it take to get Iraq Investor Visa?
It takes up to fifteen working days to obtain Iraq Investor Visa through an Iraqi embassy or consulate in your home country.
What are the documents required to apply for Iraq Investor Visa?
Before applying for Iraq Investor Visa, make sure you hold the following documents:
- a valid passport or travel document
- a filled-out visa application form, two passport-sized pictures
- an invitation letter from an Iraq-based company
- a recent proof of fund document
- a police clearance certificate
- medical exam report
- proof of accommodation
- and your visa fee payment receipt.
How long can I stay in Iraq on an investment visa?
With a valid Iraq Investor Visa, you can stay in the country for a maximum period of 30 days, which is extendable upon arrival.
What should I invest in Iraq?
There are several things to consider while planning to invest in Iraq. First, you can invest in Iraq’s oil and gas sector, as it’s part of the country’s major economy.
Is Iraq a safe country?
No, the Republic of Iraq is not a safe country to live in. The country has a lot of violence and civil unrest, especially kidnap and terrorism.
Are there travel restrictions in Iraq?
Yes, there are travel restrictions in Iraq, which varies depending on the region. For example, in countries like Bangladesh and Israel, travel is prohibited entirely even to valid visa holders.
How can I get Iraq Investor Visa?
To apply for an investment visa for the Republic of Iraq, you must have an invitation from an Iraqi company and provide genuine proof of trip. In addition, you have to apply through an Iraq embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
To sum up, holders of Iraq Investment Visa are suitable to lay out their resources for huge profits in any of the rapidly growing sectors in Iraq. With less capital required and a shorter waiting period for visa approval, Iraq Investor Visa can make your dreams come true.
Thanks for reading!