Top 5 Jobs in Canada for Pakistani Immigrants
Top 5 jobs in Canada for Pakistanis immigrants. Canada has always been a popular destination for immigrants from all over the world, including Pakistan. The country’s strong economy, high standard of living, and welcoming culture make it an attractive option for those looking to start a new life abroad. One of the most important factors for immigrants is finding a job that can provide financial stability and opportunities for growth.
In this blog, we will explore the top 5 jobs in Canada for Pakistani immigrants. From general and specialist physicians to software engineers and project managers, we will look at the demand for these professions, the skills required, and the potential for career advancement. Whether you are a recent graduate, an experienced professional, or a skilled worker, these job options offer promising prospects for Pakistani immigrants looking to start a new chapter in Canada.
With thousands of new job opportunities available every other month, offering fantastic work benefits and great references and experiences to boost your professional resume, thus, if you’re looking to make a change, be it temporary or permanent as a Pakistani citizen, Canada is certainly the place for you.
There are several in-demand job opportunities in Canada, and in almost all industries and sectors, notwithstanding the effects of the Covid 19 pandemic, Canada has managed to recover from job loss at an excellent rate, having nearly 378,200 jobs in August and September and 84,000 new jobs added in October 2020 alone, according to the latest labour market report.
However, what is the best jobs for Pakistani professionals in Canada? Below, we explore top Jobs in Canada for Pakistanis that are currently available for anyone who wants to move to Canada from Pakistan and explore every other thing that the beautiful country of Canada has got to offer.
Top 5 Jobs in Canada for Pakistanis
1. General & Specialist Physicians
Healthcare is a high-demand industry in Canada, and there is a shortage of doctors in many parts of the country. Pakistani immigrants who are trained in general or specialist medicine can find great opportunities to work as physicians, with excellent compensation and benefits.
Salary potential – $203,932 – $85,000
In-demand Provinces/territories: British Columbia, Newfoundland & Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan.
General and specialist physicians are top jobs that are in-demand in six Canadian provinces and territories, it doesn’t matter which of the provinces you find yourself, you will be able to live and work comfortably in Canada.
According to a report by Neuvoo, as a physician, you could stand to earn the most in the province of Saskatchewan, which averages about $319,217 seconded by Manitoba, which offers approximately $300,000 per year.
General and specialty doctors are so in demand that certain provinces like Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan have created special immigration programs dedicated to assisting to make the application process easier.
To be eligible to work in Canada as a doctor you will need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in medicine or in Quebec, complete a college program, and one year of pre-medicine university studies, which is usually a requirement.
- Must have graduated from an approved and recognized medical school and have completed 2-3 years of family medicine residency training, which is a requirement.
- Completed the qualifying examinations of the Medical Council of Canada or the Collège des médecins du Québec and licensed to practice by the provincial or territorial licensing authority as required.
2. Accountants and Financial Auditors
Accountants and financial auditors are in high demand in Canada, with a growing need for their services in both the public and private sectors. Pakistani immigrants who are qualified in accounting or finance can find well-paying jobs and good career growth prospects.
Salary potential – $58,500 – $85,000
In-demand Provinces/territories: British Columbia, Ontario, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Yukon
Not only are accountants in high demand in seven of Canada’s 11 provinces and territories, they are also sort after in very lucrative sectors in Canada. As an accountant, you could earn the most amongst all other provinces in Saskatchewan, earning an average of about $63,750 with the added benefits of affordable living.
To qualify to work in Canada as an accountant or financial expert, you must meet the following requirements:
- To be a chartered professional accountant, or a chartered accountant (CPA, CA), you require a university degree with completion of a professional training program that is approved by a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Depending on the province, you need either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training and membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants, after the successful completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).
- Chartered professional accountants, certified general accountants (CPA, CGA) certified management accountants (CMA) all require a university degree and completion of an approved training program, with several years of on-the-job training and certification approved be a regulatory body as a requirement in all provinces and territories across Canada.
- Auditors on the other hand require education, training, and recognition just as stipulated for chartered professional accountants, chartered accountants (CPA, CA), certified general accountants (CGA) or certified management accountants (CPA, CMA) with some experience as an accountant.
- Auditors in Canada will also require recognition by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- To stand in as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings, auditors and accountants are required to hold a license as a trustee in bankruptcy.
- Licensing by provincial or territorial governing body is a necessary requirement for accountants and auditors practicing public accounting.
Electricians are in demand in Canada due to the ongoing construction and maintenance of residential and commercial buildings. Pakistani immigrants who are skilled electricians can find stable employment opportunities in the construction industry or as independent contractors.
Earning potential – $63,300 – $84,152
In-demand Provinces/territories: Alberta, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, Northwest Territories, Yukon
There is a growing need for Electricians across Canada as they have one of the jobs that are rapidly growing in terms of need due to the spate at which new developments are arising in the construction sector.
According to the report by Neuvoo, as an electrician, you would stand to earn the most in the province of Alberta, which averages about $69,615 followed by Manitoba, where you are liable to earn at least $66,918 per year.
In order to work in Canada as an electrician you will need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Must have completed secondary school, which is often required. Completion of a 4-5 years apprenticeship program is also usually required.
- It is compulsory to hold a trade certification as a construction electrician in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta and available. However, not mandatory in British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
- You must have obtained a trade certification for electricians, this is compulsory in Newfoundland and Labrador and Ontario.
- Obtained a trade certification for electrical control (machine) builders is available, nevertheless, not mandatory in Ontario.
- Red Seal recognition is available to qualified construction electricians, once you have successfully completed the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
4. Software Engineering
The technology industry is growing rapidly in Canada, with a strong demand for software engineers. Pakistani immigrants who have experience and skills in software engineering can find well-paying jobs with top tech companies, startups, or other organizations.
Earning potential – $103,851 – $175,000
In-demand Provinces/territories: British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
As a qualified tech professional in Pakistan, who is looking for the best place to find a job in Canada, there is no better place than Canada’s tech hub, that is British Columbia (BC). Cities such as Vancouver are world renowned for being home to the head offices of tech giants like Microsoft, SAP Canada, and Slack, to mention a few.
However, according to Neuvoo, as a Pakistani software engineer, you could earn the most in the province of Manitoba, with an average of around $126,750, closely followed by Canada’s own silicon valley, British Columbia, where you could earn around $106,250 per annum.
To land a job in Canada as a software engineer you are required to meet the following requirements:
- You must have obtained a bachelor’s degree, especially in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, or mathematics, or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Masters or PhD degree in a related discipline may also be required.
- You are to hold a licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers, as this is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and also to practice as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.)
- Engineers qualify for registration immediately after graduation from an accredited educational program. Three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination is mandatory.
- Experience as a computer programmer is often a requirement.
5. Project Manager
Project management is a high-demand profession in Canada, with many companies looking for experienced professionals to lead and manage their projects. Pakistani immigrants who have experience and qualifications in project management can find excellent job opportunities in a variety of industries, from construction to IT to healthcare.
Earning potential – $90,000 – $153,000
In-demand Provinces/territories: British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
This is a job that is both versatile and in demand in almost every sector, there is. Therefore, whether your sector is in IT, construction, agriculture, oil and gas, finance, marketing, or healthcare Canada has lots of management positions ready to be filled by experienced and qualified candidates who are yearning to broaden their horizons and career.
Neuvoo reports that the in-demand provinces mentioned above, could earn you the most in BC, with a salary of around $90,547 per year. Other provinces offering good earning potential includes, Alberta and Ontario, here, you could earn as much as $93,115 and $92,484 respectively.
To get a job in Canada as a project manager, you are expected to meet the following qualifications:
- Must have obtained a university degree or college diploma in a relevant field, such as;. finance, marketing, etc.
- Masters degree may be required; industry or position dependent
- Have management experience in related field
- Hold several years of work experience
Important Notice: There may be additional criteria depending on your sector of work.
How to Apply for a Job in Canada from Pakistan
Finding a job in Canada can be daunting and tough, however, with these simple five steps, you’ll be able to impress any Canadian employer.
Step 1: Polish your Resume
- Your resume is the tool with which to make a great first impression, therefore, be sure to update your resume/curriculum vitae (CV), capturing all your recent and relevant achievements.
- Keep it short, to at most 2 pages in length, ensure to include contactable references, and be certain it is up to Canadian standards.
Step 2. Choose wisely
- You do not have to apply for a thousand and one job, even though, a thousand and one jobs for which you are eligible are available in Canada, you don’t have to apply for all of them. Be selective with not just the jobs you qualified for but also with the companies you aspire to work for.
Step 3. Follow up
- It is a common practice and important to follow up on applications for feedback after interviews. Recruiters are often usually very busy, thus, there are times they may not get the time to respond to all applications. Following up also indicates to your potential new employer how interested you are in getting the job.
Step 4. Network
- As a professional from Pakistan, being on the lookout and reaching out to professionals in your industry who are already in Canada is one of the best things you can do when looking for a job in Canada from Pakistan. It is often very possible that you will meet someone who has gone through the process you intend to go through, in which case, you will be able to get useful tips, as well as good, advice as to which companies are hiring and are worthwhile applying to.
Step 5. Qualification Assessment
- You will be expected to prove that you have the necessary qualifications to do the job you are applying for in order to land a job in Canada. This, therefore, entails having your qualifications, if acquired outside of Canada, verified and accredited through an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). This enables your Canadian employer to know that your qualifications are of equal standard or higher than that of Canadian standard.