The Kazakh embassy in Canada has been dedicated to serving its citizens on permanent residency or temporary visits in Canada. Many students of Kazakhstan are in Canada pursuing different levels of academic programs.
Furthermore, there is a cordial relationship between Kazakhstan and Canada. The Kazakh Embassy in Canada has been functioning to give Mauritius citizens the best of all services in Canada.
Therefore, in this article, we have fully expressed the contact details and address of the Kazakh Embassy in Canada as well as how to apply for a passport at the Kazakh embassy in Canada. -Keep reading!
What is an Embassy?
An established diplomatic mission operating on a large scale to create positive, cultural, scientific or economic relations between two countries.
Generally, the ambassador who acts as a spokesperson for the representative country heads an embassy. Each country has different ways to appoint ambassadors.
More so, an ambassador can hold their position for up to four years depending on how long their country has appointed them.
Embassies work by having a well-equipped staff that is usually in charge of managing important diplomatic issues, such as negotiations and immigration issues.
In addition, the staff at embassies can be mixed with locals who work there or staff members that traveled from their own country.
When a consulate is non-existent, the embassy provides consular services such as visa and passport services, financial grants, cultural exchange programs, business opportunities in both countries, etc.
However, these services are offered based on the main purpose of the embassy; promoting international relations.
Kazakhstan is a country in Central Asia with a land area of 2,724,900 square kilometers; the country has the ninth largest territory in the world.
In the north and the west, the country shares border with Russia (7,591 km), with China in the east (1,783 km), with Kyrgyzstan (1,242 km), with Uzbekistan (2,351 km) and Turkmenistan (426 km) in the south.
In Kazakhstan, there are 48,000 large and small lakes, among which are Balkhash, Zaisan and Alakol. The remoteness of the country from the oceans determine the continental climate of the country.
One of the basic human needs and one of the major communication tools is language. The state language of the Republic of Kazakhstan is Kazakh.
Along with Kazakh, Russian is spoken in government organizations, schools and local government bodies.
There are more than 5,000 deposits of mineral resources in the country. Nevertheless, the country is ranked first in the world on explored reserves of zinc and barite.
In addition, Kazakhstan has significant oil and gas resources and holds the 9th place in the world in proven oil reserves, most of which are located in the western regions.
More so, the country’s uranium and coal deposits are the 2nd and the 8th largest in the world respectively.
Kazakhstan is among the world’s top ten exporters of grain and is one of the leaders in flour export.
About 70% of arable land in the north of the country is occupied by grain and industrial crops – wheat, barley, millet, Rice, cotton, and tobacco are cultivated in the south of the country.
Kazakhstan is also famous for its gardens, vineyards and melons. Livestock farming is another leading area of agriculture in the country.
Contact details and Addresses of Kazakh Embassy in Canada
In addition to the embassy in Ottawa, Kazakhstan also has a consulate in Toronto.
Kazakh Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
Address: 150 Metcalfe Street, Suite 701 Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada
Telephone: (+1) 613-695-80-55
Fax: (+1) 613-695-87-55
Office hours: By appointment
Head of mission: Mr Akylbek Kamaldinov, Ambassador.
Kazakh Consulate in Toronto, Canada
More so, the embassy in Ottawa supervises the consulate of Kazakhstan in Toronto.
Addresses of Canadian Consular in Kazakhstan
Canada’s embassy in Nur-Sultan is the sole Canadian representation in Kazakhstan.
Canadian Embassy in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
Address: Kabanbay, Batyr Street 13/1 Nur-Sultan Z05H0A5 Kazakhstan
Telephone: (+7) (7172) 475 577
Fax: (+7) (7172) 475 587
Email: [email protected]
Office hours: Monday-Friday: 08:30am -17:30pm and Friday: 08:30am -12:00pm
Head of mission: Mr Nicholas Brousseau, Ambassador
Top 5 Services Provided by Kazakh Embassy in Canada
Undoubtedly, there are about 5 services provided by the Kazakh Embassy in Canada. Hence, you wouldn’t have any trouble finding your way around.
1. Child Birth State Registration
To register the birth of a child, parents must submit the following documents in person and within two months of the child’s birth to the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Ottawa:
- Application form.
- Originals and photocopies of both parents’ passports.
However, if one of the child’s parents is a citizen of a foreign country, parents needs to provide a notarized consent to obtain a birth certificate of the Kazakhstani standard.
- Original and photocopy of the parents’ marriage certificate.
- A document confirming the fact of the birth of a child
- Consular fee – CAD 25 payable to the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Canada.
In the event of violation of the deadline for registering the birth of a child (within two months of the child’s birth), parents needs to submit the following documents to the Embassy:
- Well-written explanatory notes prepared in any form, stating why the deadline was missed.
- A certificate of the child’s health.
2. Authentication and legalization of documents
To legalize documents at the Embassy, you must provide the following documents:
- Cover letter (written on behalf of the person who owns the document for legalization, or his legal representative).
- Copy of passport.
- Document to be legalized and its copy. Most importantly, documents issued by foreign organizations and institutions must be translated and notarized into Kazakh or Russian language.
For legal entity:
- Cover letter (letter of intent) in an arbitrary form with a brief description of the document and purpose of legalization.
(Must be on an official letterhead of the company and contain full name of the company, address, phone number, date and original signature of an official).
- Copy of passport of the person signing the cover letter.
- Document confirming the existence of the company – e.g. Certificate of Registration.
Other services includes
- Notary Services
- Registration of departure for permanent residence from the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Consular registration for citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
How to Apply for Passport at Kazakh Embassy in Canada
You definitely need the following documents to apply for a new Passport. They include
- An application.
- A birth certificate (when a child applies for a passport under 16 years of age) and a document proving the identity of one of his parents to confirm the child’s citizenship.
- A completed special form (all columns must fully reflect the requested information).
- Passport of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan (when renewing a passport).
- Four colour photographs on a white background measuring 3.5 x 4.5 centimeters.
- Submit one of the following documents:
- A copy of the permanent resident card of Canada and a copy of the stamp in the passport or a special notification issued by the migration police of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- A study permit and a certificate from the place of study (University, college, etc.) with a notarized and certified translation into Kazakh or Russian language.
However, only the following categories of citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan can apply for a new passport through the Kazakh embassy in Canada.
- Citizens permanently residing outside of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Those enrolled in full-time educational programs at educational institutions of Canada.
- People working in Canada under an official employment contract.
- Family members of the above persons living with them.
- Persons who are incapable of self-service due to old age (senior citizens), and persons having health problems with persistent disorders of the body’s functions, limiting their life activity.
Frequently Asked Question
Is there a Kazakh Embassy in Canada?
Yes, there is a Kazakh Embassy in Canada.
Before you travel, make sure you know how to find the Kazakh embassy nearest to your destination and understand the services it can and cannot provide.