If you are looking forward to becoming an international student in the Republic of Kazakhstan, you must apply for a Kazakhstan Student Visa, valid for up to one year.
Kazakhstan is undoubtedly people’s choice of country in Central Asia due to a vast number of reasons. First, studying in Kazakhstan has lasting benefits similar to what you get in some developed countries. Furthermore, all university degrees obtained in Kazakhstan are recognized worldwide. You can use your certificate to study further in other countries, such as the USA, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
There is a lot to know before applying for a study visa for the Republic of Kazakhstan. Among these are why you should consider a Kazakhstani school, the visa’s requirements, processing time, fee, application procedures, and duration.
In this article
- Who Needs to Apply for Kazakhstan Student Visa?
- Why Study in Kazakhstan?
- Kazakhstan Student Visa Fee
- Processing Time of Kazakhstan Student Visa
- Kazakhstan Student Visa Requirements
- How to Get Kazakhstan Student Visa
- Step 1: Confirm that you have all the required documents
- Step 2: Get in touch with the Kazakhstani diplomatic mission in your home country
- Step 3: Complete the application form for Kazakhstan Student Visa
- Step 4: Initiate your visa fee payment
- Step 5: Put forward your supporting documents
- Step 6: Expect a notification from the Kazakhstani embassy or consulate
- Validity Period of Kazakhstan Student Visa
- Top Universities in Kazakhstan
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who Needs to Apply for Kazakhstan Student Visa?
A Kazakhstani Study Visa is a type of visa that authorizes foreigners to enter the Republic of Kazakhstan, mainly for educational purposes.
This visa is undoubtedly ideal for international students who intend to undertake their undergraduate or graduate education in Kazakhstan.
Why Study in Kazakhstan?
Studying in the Republic of Kazakhstan has numerous benefits for your lifestyle, career, and future.
Here are the top reasons to study in Kazakhstan from any country in the world.
- International students can apply for scholarships to subsidize their tuition fees.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan has numerous attractions, such as Altyn Emel National Park, Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi, Nur Astana Mosque, Ile-Alatau National Park, Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, and Khan Shatyr Entertainment Center.
- The people of Kazakhstan are friendly and inclined to accept foreign nationals of many different cultures. Of course, this is why the Republic of Kazakhstan is ethnically diverse and has up to 34% foreign nationals.
- Kazakhstan’s universities charge cheaper tuition fees than those in developed countries like the USA and Canada.
- Kazakhstan has a relatively low cost of living, about 60% less than the US.
- After graduation, you can quickly get a job in Kazakhstan, especially in the tourism, banking, and hospitality sectors.
Kazakhstan Student Visa Fee
The cost of obtaining a student visa for the Republic of Kazakhstan is $45. Therefore, depositing the fee to the embassy or consulate’s bank account is essential before submitting your application supporting documents.
You must also tender the fee’s proof of payment to a consular officer at a Kazakhstani diplomatic mission.
Processing Time of Kazakhstan Student Visa
Kazakhstani embassies and consulates take about three weeks to one month for study visa processing. However, it may take longer to get a study visa to Kazakhstan, supposing that the diplomatic mission demands more documentation.
Keep in mind that the processing mentioned above time exempts weekends and public and statutory holidays.
Kazakhstan Student Visa Requirements
You need the documents below to process your Kazakhstan Study visa application.
- Kazakh Student Visa application form, which you have completed all of its fields
- A valid passport or travel document
- Two colored photographs meet the following specifications; at least 70% of your face shown, a dimension of 35 mm x 45 mm, prescription and thin-framed glasses (if necessary), and a grey, white or solid background.
- A letter of acceptance issued by a Kazakh educational institution to prove your reason for the trip.
- Proof of confirmed enrollment in a Kazakhstan-based educational institution. Acceptable documents include a confirmation letter from the institution or your admission fee receipt.
- A letter or documentation to demonstrate your sufficiency of funds. The most used document for this requirement is a bank statement for the previous six months.
- Evidence of a valid travel insurance coverage
- A copy of your National Identity document or card
- Receipt for Kazakh Student Visa fee payment
How to Get Kazakhstan Student Visa
To apply for a study visa to the Republic of Kazakhstan, you need to undertake the following steps one after the other.
- Confirm that you have all the required documents
- Get in touch with the Kazakhstani diplomatic mission in your home country
- Complete the application form for Kazakhstan Student Visa
- Initiate your visa fee payment
- Put forward your supporting documents
- Expect a notification from the Kazakhstani embassy or consulate
Step 1: Confirm that you have all the required documents
The first step in getting a Kazakhstani Study Visa is to get all the documents required for the application process. Indeed, you must have applied for a course or program at a Kazakhstani educational institution and should have received a letter of acceptance.
Be sure that your passport is valid before starting the visa application process.
Step 2: Get in touch with the Kazakhstani diplomatic mission in your home country
Afterward, you are required to reach out to the nearest Kazakhstani embassy or consulate to know its specific demands for your application.
You must also ask how to get the visa application form and whether to book an appointment before a visit.
Step 3: Complete the application form for Kazakhstan Student Visa
Now, you have to fill out all fields on the visa application form and put it together with other required documents.
Step 4: Initiate your visa fee payment
This step requires you to pay your visa fee at the bank. You must also include its receipt in your supporting documents.
Step 5: Put forward your supporting documents
The fifth step in getting a Kazakhstan Student Visa involves submitting all the required documents to the nearest diplomatic mission.
Step 6: Expect a notification from the Kazakhstani embassy or consulate
After the embassy or consulate has accepted your application, it takes one month to receive a Kazakhstan Student visa. Hence, you must wait about 30 days to get your visa.
Validity Period of Kazakhstan Student Visa
The duration of a Kazakhstan Study Visa ranges from six months to one year, depending on the academic course or program you are enrolled in.
After arriving in the Republic of Kazakhstan, you can apply for your visa extension by getting approval from your school.
Top Universities in Kazakhstan
Out of the many universities in the Republic of Kazakhstan, here are the top ones recommended for international students.
- North Kazakhstan State University
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
- South Kazakhstan State University
- Karagandy State University
- Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University
- M. Kh. Dulati Taraz State University
- Kazakh State Women’s Pedagogical University
- Universidad Nacional Técnica de Kazajistán
- Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University
- Kazakhstansko-Amerikanskiy Svobodnyy Universitet
- L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University
- Innovative University of Eurasia
- Karaganda State Technical University
- Suleyman Demirel University (SDU)
- Kazakh Leading Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Kokshetau State University
- Kazakh-Russian International University
- Nazarbayev University
- Almaty Management University
- M. Utemisov West Kazakhstan State University
- Karaganda Medical University
- Kostanay State University
- Kazakh National Agrarian University
- University of Central Asia Khorog Campus
- Kainar University
- Kh. Dosmukhamedov Atyrau State University
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get a student visa for Kazakhstan?
To get a Kazakhstan Student Visa, you must apply through a Kazakhstani diplomatic mission in your country of residence using the following documents as your backup.
- Your original passport
- A filled-out Kazakhstan Study Visa application form
- Two pictures of 35 mm x 45 mm
- An acceptance letter from a Kazakhstan-based school
- Your account statements or a letter from your bank
- Evidence of confirmed enrollment in a Kazakhstani educational institution
- A valid travel insurance coverage
- A copy of your National Identity card or documentation
- Proof of payment for Kazakhstan Student Visa fee
How much does a Kazakhstan visa cost for international students?
International students applying for Kazakhstan Study Visa must pay a fee of $45 during the application process.
Can international students work in Kazakhstan?
Yes, working in the Republic of Kazakhstan as an international student is allowable. However, it is essential to apply for a work permit through the aid of your employer using an employment contract.
Is it easy to get a Kazakhstan visa for study?
Yes, to a certain extent, it is easy to obtain a Kazakhstan Study Visa through an embassy or consulate.
Does Kazakhstan have good universities?
Yes, there are many good universities in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Some top universities in Kazakhstan include Karagandy State University, Kainar University, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Nazarbayev University, Karaganda State Technical University, South Kazakhstan State University, and Suleyman Demirel University.
Is Kazakhstan suitable for international students?
Yes, the Republic of Kazakhstan is a good destination for international students. The country is home to many accredited educational institutions that offer a variety of programs, courses, and financial aids. Moreover, Kazakhstan universities are widely known for their academic excellence.
How much does it cost to study in Kazakhstan?
The cost of studying in a Kazakhstani public or private university ranges from $4,000 per academic year.
In summary, Kazakhstani Study Visa allows international students from different regions of the world to fulfill their career objectives in Kazakhstan.
Thanks for reading!