If you wish to visit your parents, spouse, or dependent child/ren in Kuwait, your best bet is to apply for a Kuwait Family Visa through a Kuwaiti diplomatic mission in your home country.
Kuwait is a Western Asian country with many exciting attractions and experiences. When you get a family visa to Kuwait, you can spend up to 90 days with your family member, exploring the whole country without movement restrictions. Some attractions to visit in Kuwait include the Grand Mosque of Kuwait, Kuwait Towers, the Scientific Center, Al Shaheed Park, Tareq Rajab Museum of Islamic, Kuwait National Museum, Liberation Tower, Sheikh Abdullah Al Salem Cultural, and Green Island.
This blog post walks you through how to apply for a Kuwaiti Family Visa irrespective of your country of origin. We urge you to continue reading to find out its criteria and requirements, processing time, application fee, and more.
In this article
- Who Needs to Apply for Kuwait Family Visa?
- Who can Get Kuwait Family Visa Online or on Arrival?
- Exemptions for Kuwait Family Visa
- Kuwait Family Visa Fee
- Processing Time of Kuwait Family Visa
- Eligibility Criteria for Kuwait Family Visa
- Kuwait Family Visa Requirements
- How to Get Kuwait Family Visa
- Step 1: Locate the State of Kuwait’s embassy or consulate in your home country
- Step 2: Gather the required documents and complete an application form
- Step 3: Pay an application fee of $80
- Step 4: Give in the required documents for review and processing
- Step 5: Expect the Kuwaiti embassy or consulate’s notification
- Duration of Kuwait Family Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who Needs to Apply for Kuwait Family Visa?
A family visit visa is a visa that endorses close relatives of Kuwaiti legal residents to enter the country for a maximum period of 90 days.
To apply for a Kuwaiti Family Visa, you must prove your family ties with your sponsor (close relative).
Who can Get Kuwait Family Visa Online or on Arrival?
Not all nationals are eligible to apply for a Kuwait eVisa or to obtain a Visa on Arrival, which both allow entry into the country to visit a family member for up to 90 days.
The following are countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for Kuwait eVisa and to get a Visa on Arrival to visit a family member.
- Any of the European Union Member States
- The United Kingdom
- Eswatini (can only get a Kuwaiti Visa on Arrival)
- San Marino
- New Zealand
- Vatican City State
- The United States of America
- Cambodia (can only apply for eVisa to visit a family member in Kuwait)
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Exemptions for Kuwait Family Visa
As many foreigners need to obtain a visa before visiting a family member in Kuwait, citizens of the following countries are eligible for a visa-free trip into the country.
- The United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Remember that foreign nationals who entered Kuwait without a visa can only stay for a limited period.
Kuwait Family Visa Fee
The application fee for Kuwait Family Visa is 3.00 Kuwaiti Dinar (KD), equivalent to $9.75. This is the only cost involved in getting this visa from any country in the world.
It is equally important to pay the fee before submitting the required documents to a Kuwaiti embassy or consulate.
Processing Time of Kuwait Family Visa
Most embassies and consulates of the State of Kuwait take about two working days to process family visa applications.
If you submitted all required documents to a Kuwaiti diplomatic mission, your visa processing should not take more than two days.
Eligibility Criteria for Kuwait Family Visa
To be eligible to apply for this type of visa, you must meet all of the following conditions.
- You must have a sponsor in Kuwait, which should be your parent(s), spouse, or dependent child.
- Your sponsor must be a legal resident of Kuwaiti who earns a monthly income of at least 450 KD ($1,462.74).
- You must possess every document required by the Kuwaiti embassy or consulate to process family visa applications.
Kuwait Family Visa Requirements
Below is a list of the documents required to facilitate family visa applications at Kuwaiti embassies and consulates overseas.
- A filled-out application form on behalf of a Kuwaiti Family Visa
- Your original passport, whose remaining period of validity must be at least six months
- Your recent photo (passport-sized) taken against a white background
- Authentic proof of family relationship
- Both original and duplicate copies of your sponsor’s civil Identity card
- Your sponsor’s recent salary certificate (required if your sponsor works remotely or for the Government of Kuwait)
- A good conduct certificate or police report
How to Get Kuwait Family Visa
Here are simple steps to take to get a family visa to visit a close relative in Kuwait.
- Locate the State of Kuwait’s embassy or consulate in your home country
- Gather the required documents and complete an application form
- Pay an application fee of $80
- Give in the required documents for review and processing
- Expect the Kuwaiti embassy or consulate’s notification
Step 1: Locate the State of Kuwait’s embassy or consulate in your home country
The first step in getting this visa requires you to discover the location of a Kuwaiti diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate) in your home country. You must also source the diplomatic mission’s contact information, as getting in touch before a visit is essential.
Step 2: Gather the required documents and complete an application form
Next, you must assemble all your documentation and ensure the required documents are ready for submission.
Among the required documents is the visa application form, which is obtainable in your country’s Kuwaiti embassy or consulate. You also must complete the form and put it together with other supporting documents.
Step 3: Pay an application fee of $80
Paying an application fee to the Kuwaiti embassy or consulate in charge of your family visa application is equally important. The fee is $80.
Step 4: Give in the required documents for review and processing
Since the embassy or consulate needs the required documents to determine your eligibility, you must submit them on time.
Step 5: Expect the Kuwaiti embassy or consulate’s notification
At this time, waiting is necessary until the diplomatic mission notifies you of its decision regarding your visa application.
Duration of Kuwait Family Visa
A family visa for the State of Kuwait is valid for up to 90 days, which is proportional to three months.
As the Government of Kuwait expects foreign nationals to leave the country on or before their visa’s expiry date, ensure you do not violate this rule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I bring my family to Kuwait?
Of course, you can bring your family members, such as your spouse and child/ren, to Kuwait. In doing this, you must apply for Kuwaiti Family Visa, which has a few eligibility criteria and requirements that require consideration. Documents required include the following:-
- A completed application form
- Your original passport
- Your recent passport-sized picture
- Genuine proof of family ties
- A recent police report
- Copies of your sponsor’s current salary certificate and civil identity card
Is Kuwait issuing family visas now?
Yes, Kuwait is currently issuing family visas to eligible applicants who want to see a close relative in the country.
How can I get a family visit visa for Kuwait?
To get a Kuwaiti Family Visa, you must apply through the Kuwaiti embassy or consulate in the country where you reside.
Is Kuwait Family Visa open for Indian citizens?
Yes, Kuwaiti Family Visa is open to applications from Indian citizens who want to travel overseas to visit their close relations.
What are Kuwait Family Visa salary requirements for sponsors?
One eligibility criteria for a Kuwaiti Family Visa is that your sponsor (family member in Kuwait) earns a monthly salary of less than 450 KD, equivalent to $1,462.74.
Is it easy to get Kuwait Family Visa?
Yes, getting a Kuwaiti Family Visa is not as difficult as most people think. The process requires applicants to apply through an embassy or consulate of Kuwait in their home country.
How much does Kuwait Family Visa cost?
Applicants for Kuwaiti Family Visa need to pay a fee of 3.00 KD ($9.75) before visiting an embassy or consulate to submit their supporting documents.
How long does it take to get Kuwait Family Visa?
In most cases, it takes no more than two working days for applicants to receive their family visas for the State of Kuwait. Therefore, there is usually no delay in visa processing.
Can I travel without meeting the requirements?
No, you cannot leave your country to enter Kuwait without satisfying the requirements for a visit visa. The only foreign nationals permitted to travel visa-free to Kuwait are those from visa-exempt countries, such as the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar. In addition, however, you must meet all requirements stated by the Kuwaiti embassy or consulate in your country of residence and apply through the same diplomatic mission.
Can family visa holders work in Kuwait?
No, foreign nationals with a valid Kuwaiti Family Visa cannot work until they obtain a Kuwait Work Visa.
In summary, the Kuwaiti Family Visa is the best option for foreign nationals looking forward to visiting their close relations in the country. With so much to explore in the country, this could be the ideal time to express love or receive affection from your loved ones.
Thanks for reading!
If you wish to visit Kuwait for any other reason, you may qualify for Kuwait visit visa.