Steps on how to apply for a Kuwait Visa on Arrival
The Kuwait visa on arrival is one of the unique visa policies from the Indonesian government.
In today’s world, there is an increasing interest in travel. There are so many different places to go and see and many other things to experience when you travel. One of the most exciting travel destinations is Kuwait, a country most people don’t think about.
If you’re interested in traveling there soon, you might be wondering how you can get a Kuwait visa on arrival. However, because this isn’t a common destination for many people, it can be hard to figure out how to get your visa on arrival in this country. However, it is possible!
Keep reading to discover everything you need to know about getting a visa on arrival in Kuwait, including the requirement, application process, and its validity.
What is a Kuwait Visa on Arrival?
A Kuwait visa on arrival is a document that allows you to enter Kuwait and stay there for up to 90 days. It is the issue at the Kuwait international airport for visitors who arrive without a visa, provided they have the correct travel documents. The visa on arrival applies to citizens of most countries, and there is no need to use it in advance. However, visitors will need to present evidence of a return or onward journey, a valid passport for at least six months, and a yellow fever vaccination certificate, if applicable.
Most nationalities, including Australian, Canadian, and American citizens, are eligible to apply for a Kuwait visa on arrival.
Countries with visa-on-arrival facilities make visiting much easier for travelers. Instead of applying for a visa in advance, as is usually the case, you can gain entry by simply arriving at the airport and presenting your passport details.
If you’re planning a trip to Kuwait shortly, you’ll be happy to know that they offer a visa-on-arrival service. Once you land at Kuwait International Airport, you can proceed directly to the Visa On Arrival desk and complete a simple form before getting the visa. Keep reading to learn more about how you can get your Kuwait visa on arrival.
What I need to know before applying
There are a few requirements that you must meet before you can apply for a visa on arrival. First, you must have a valid passport no less than six months before expiry. For example, if you are traveling to Kuwait at the end of 2018, You must have a valid passport that is at least six months.
In addition, you must have a ticket showing evidence of your return journey. For instance, you can show your return ticket from Kuwait to London or Kuwait to Sydney. You must also have evidence of sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay and proof of onward travel or a return ticket. If you don’t, the immigration authorities might deny you entry.
Conditions for a Kuwait Visa On Arrival
To be eligible for a visa on arrival in Kuwait, you must fall under one of these categories:
- You are a member of one of the citizens that does not require an advance visa for Kuwait.
- You are a resident of GCC countries and have a GCC ID.
- You have a valid multiple entry visa.
- You are a transferable employee and have a valid ID.
When applying for a Kuwait visa on arrival, you must ensure that all required documents are ready. These include:
- Passport with a minimum six months validity
- Two copies of your passport photo page
- Proof of return flight ticket
- Copy of your hotel reservation
- A copy of your itinerary
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate, if applicable.
- Evidence of sufficient funds (Bank statement of your latest six months transaction)
- If employed, must have employer’s letter.
- If a student must have a letter of certification
- If a spouse must have a marriage certificate
- If a child must have a birth certificate
How to Apply for a Kuwait Visa on Arrival
To apply for a visa on arrival in Kuwait, you must present yourself at the Kuwait Immigration counter.
- Prepare yourself mentally: You must prepare to answer questions about your purpose of visiting Kuwait. Additionally, confirm that you know the type of visa you need.
- Apply online: You can apply for a Kuwait visa online. However, it is always advisable to contact the embassy first to guide you on where to go and what information to provide.
- Awaiting approval Upon submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours. Then, you will need to print out the form and take it along when you travel to Kuwait.
- Present your passport and other documents: Upon arrival at Kuwait airport, present your passport and other documents to the immigration officer. They will stamp your passport, and you will receive a receipt.
- Enjoy! Now that you have obtained your Kuwait visa on arrival, you can enjoy your trip to Kuwait.
Limitations of a Visa on Arrival in Kuwait
Visitors who are granted entry under the visa on arrival service have a stay limit of up to 90 days. After this period, they must leave Kuwait and reenter the country before staying there again.
- Kuwait Visa on arrival is valid only for a single entry. Multiple entry visa holders must go to Kuwait Embassy to get a visa stamped on their travel documents.
- A foreigner must have proof of funds to support themselves during their stay in Kuwait. If the visitor fails to leave the country after the 90-day maximum allowed, they will arrest, fined, and even deported.
How to Extend Your Kuwaiti Visa
Contact Kuwait’s immigration office if you want to stay in the country longer than the 90 days permitted by a visa on arrival.
You can do this via email or by visiting their office in person. You must provide the following supporting documentation:
- Your visa stamp in your passport. The number and date will be sufficient.
- A letter of explanation requesting an extension of the visa.
- Proof of your residence in Kuwait (Utility bills or proof of ownership of property)
- Two photographs
- Payment of a fee in the local currency
Also Read: Kuwait Visa Requirements – Application, Eligibility, and Extension
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for a visa on arrival at any airport in Kuwait?
Yes, Kuwait has a single airport serving as the central hub for commercial and private flight travel. You can now apply for a visa when you arrive at Kuwait International Airport.
Can I apply for a visa on arrival if I have a criminal record?
You will not be allowed to enter Kuwait with a criminal record. However, it depends on the nature of your conviction. Certain crimes are “disqualifying crimes,” and if you are convicted of one of these crimes, you will most likely be denied entry.
If I have a criminal record, can I travel to Kuwait but not work there?
Yes, but you must state this on your visa on arrival application.
How much is a visa on arrival in Kuwait?
A visa on arrival in Kuwait costs KD 5 (approximately USD 16).
What is the process of Kuwait visa stamping?
The process of Kuwait visa stamping is as follows:
- You must first have a valid passport and Kuwaiti visa.
- You must submit your passport and visa to the Kuwaiti Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.
- The Kuwaiti Embassy or Consulate will then stamp your passport with a Kuwaiti visa.
Can visa on arrival be rejected?
Yes, you can reject a visa on arrival. The choice is determined by the immigration official at the point of entry and is based on some elements, including the reason for your travel and your ties to your home country.
How long does it take for a Kuwait visa to be approved?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the amount of time it takes for a Kuwait visa to be approved can vary depending on some factors, such as the applicant’s country of origin, the reason for their travel, and how complete their application is. However, it is generally advisable to allow at least a few weeks for the visa process to be completed.
Do you have to pay for a visa on arrival?
No, you do not have to pay for a visa on arrival.
A visa on arrival is a helpful service that allows you to save time by not having to apply for an advance visa. Several countries offer this service, including Kuwait. If you plan a trip to Kuwait, it’s a good idea to find out if a visa is required and how to apply for one. With this guide, you will know what to do to get a visa on arrival in Kuwait.