Learn how to apply for a Luxembourg Investment Visa
Are you looking to travel to a country where you can make an investment that could lead to a high return? If yes, then you can consider investing in Luxembourg. However, you may need the Luxembourg investment visa if you are not a national of the Schengen country.
Without a doubt, Luxembourg has a very favorable business environment with low taxes and a well-educated workforce. The country has a long tradition of successful businesses, with many international companies having their European headquarters in Luxembourg.
So, if you want to invest in any successful businesses in Luxembourg, you may need to see this post.
In this article, we will be talking about a Luxembourg investment visa, why you should consider getting one, how to apply for it, and lots more. So don’t miss out on this!.
What is a Luxembourg investment visa?
The Luxembourg Investment Visa is a residency permit available to foreign nationals who make a qualifying investment in Luxembourg. The visa will allow you to live and work in the country. At the same time, you enjoy several benefits, including healthcare and social security. To be eligible for the visa, you must invest at least €500,000 in a qualifying asset or enterprise.
Requirements for the Luxembourg investment visa
To be eligible for the Luxembourg investment visa, you must meet the following requirements and submit the documents.
- You must be older than 18 years old. To invest in any business in Luxembourg, you must be mature enough to make decisions and handle investment outcomes.
- A valid international passport is an important document and requirement for the Luxembourg investment visa. Your passport’s validity is crucial for your application, and it must have enough space to accommodate your visa.
- Importantly, you will need a recent photograph for your application. The photograph must meet the Schengen requirements for passport photos and must not be blurred or with ink creases.
- You must not have been engaged in criminal activities in your home country or other countries worldwide to get this visa. This is to ensure that you will not be a threat to the security of Luxembourg. And to clarify this, you have to submit a police clearance report.
- Also, you must provide evidence of housing. This could be in the form of a lodge, or you buy real estate or rent out an estate.
- To be awarded the Luxembourg investment visa, you must provide evidence that the funding you will be using for the investment in Luxembourg is legitimate and not fraudulent.
- And yes, you have to possess a certificate of health insurance. And in case you will have a dependent in Luxembourg, they must also possess their health insurance. This ensures that your health will be catered for in Luxembourg when needed.
- In addition, you are not to leave Luxembourg for a duration that is more than 180 days at a stretch.
Why should you invest in Luxembourg?
Luxembourg is a small country with a population of just over 600,000. Despite its small size, the country has a prosperous economy and is one of the wealthiest in the world. The main drivers of Luxembourg’s economy are financial services, logistics, and technology. The country also has a strong manufacturing sector, with companies such as ArcelorMittal and Volkswagen based in Luxembourg. Although, you can consider investing in stocks, bonds, real estate, and private equity.
You should consider investing in Luxembourg because it has a strong economy and offers several benefits, including a low tax rate, political stability, and a well-educated workforce. In addition, the country Luxembourg is also a member of the European Union, which gives you access to a large market.
Conditions of Luxembourg investment visa
Becoming a resident of Luxembourg through the Luxembourg investment visa has made this visa type very popular and unique. So, suppose you are willing to invest your money in the economy and growth of Luxembourg. In that case, you stand a chance of becoming one of its citizens.
Although there are different options for you to go for under this Visa type, we will be exploring four of them. Check below for more information
- Investing about 500,000 euros in a Luxembourg company (local company) that is already existent on the market.
- Investing not less than 500,000 euros in a new company that you register.
- Also, Investing at least 3 million euros in an investment fund that exists before or creating one.
- Likewise, investing not less than 20 million euros with a Luxembourg Bank by setting up a deposit.
- Importantly, it would help if you were committed to maintaining your capital investment in Luxembourg for not less than five years in any of the options that you choose
Benefits of obtaining the Luxembourg investment visa
- There are many benefits to obtaining the Luxembourg investment visa, including:
- The visa allows you to live and work in Luxembourg permanently.
- You can bring your spouse and children with you to Luxembourg.
- Also, you can travel in and out of Luxembourg without any restrictions.
- You can own property and businesses in Luxembourg.
- Likewise, you can access all of the social services offered by the government of Luxembourg.
- The opportunity to invest in a stable and prosperous economy.
- The possibility of obtaining citizenship in Luxembourg after five years.
Steps to apply for a Luxembourg investment visa
Assuredly, to apply for the Luxembourg investment visa, you must know the step-by-step guide to doing so. And we will be discussing them below.
Step one: Collate all documents necessary for your application
First and foremost, you must compile all the documents you need for your application process. We have given the list of the documents you need above. Ensure to go through them over again.
Step two: Submit your application
After collecting all documents for the Luxembourg investment visa, you must visit the immigration directorate to apply for the visa. Note that you have to get an approval letter from the Minister of Finance or Minister of the economy. It depends on the Investment you’re going for, though.
Step three: Go through the pre-approval process
Without a doubt, upon submission of your documents and meeting all requirements for the Luxembourg investment visa, the application will undergo accessory assessment, and you may get feedback within 90 days.
You will get the approval letter if you are lucky to have your visa application approved. This letter will serve as your temporary permit until you make your investment.
Step four: Make an investment
We have provided the different types of investments you can go for. You can choose any route to collect the fund and make necessary investments. Ensure to keep the Investment documents safe.
Step five: Receive the visa
Congratulations, you can now stay in Luxembourg for the duration of time you have your investment in check.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I invest in Luxembourg citizenship?
Without a doubt, Luxembourg’s citizenship can be quite complex. In general, you will need to meet several eligibility requirements, including meeting the Luxembourg investment visa requirements (if you’re going to Luxembourg for investment), demonstrating that you have strong ties to the country and are not inadmissible for citizenship. You may also need proof of your financial stability and investment in Luxembourg.
Is it easy to get PR in Luxembourg?
Yes, it is relatively easy to get PR in Luxembourg. The process is straightforward, and several programs and pathways can be followed. In addition, several agencies and consultancies can help with the process. So, you need not worry.
What is a blue card in Luxembourg?
The blue card is a residence permit for highly skilled workers in Luxembourg. It is valid for up to three years and can be renewed. To be eligible for a blue card, you must have a job offer from a Luxembourg employer that pays at least 1.5 times the national median wage.
How strong is Luxembourg’s passport?
Luxembourg passport is one of the strongest passports in the world. It allows visa-free travel to 177 countries, including the United States and the European Union.
What is a golden passport?
A golden passport is a passport that offers citizenship and visa-free travel to a large number of countries. These passports are often issued to wealthy individuals or their families to help them move around the world more easily.
Is it easy to live in Luxembourg?
Yes, it is easy to love in Luxembourg. The people are friendly and welcoming, and there is always something to do. So whether you’re looking for a night out in the town or a quiet day in the park, Luxembourg has something for everyone.
Assuredly, Luxembourg is one of the wealthiest countries in the world. It is known for its booming industry, stable government, economy, and outstanding businesses. Therefore, investing in any of the properties in Luxembourg will surely give you a high return on investment, and you wouldn’t have to bother about losing your investment through subsidy.