This article is resourceful if you want to gain more knowledge on Loyalist College admission requirements in Ontario, Canada.
Founded in 1967, Loyalist College was initially named Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology.
Besides, Loyalist College is a public post-secondary institution located in Belleville, Ontario, Canada.
Table of Contents
Why study at Loyalist College?
- Belleville Loyalist College provides an amazing learning and residency environment to its students
- Secondly, you will enjoy from a variety of affordable and sumptuous meals in the four dinings within the Loyalist College campus
- Thirdly, Loyalist College bookstore is stocked with several learning materials such as textbooks, software, trade books, etc.
- Fourthly, there is a wide selection of programs and students services to choose from Loyalist College programs
- In addition, Loyalist College avails various accommodation options that allow its students to live comfortably on-campus
- Besides, Loyalist College offers a number of financial aids, including scholarships to its students.
- Moreover, Loyalist College is based in a community of people who have strong bonds. You can also go on vast tours in Belleville, which has several beautiful destinations that deliver immersive experiences to students.
- More so, you’ll benefit from personalized attention from Loyalist College faculty and staff who are experts in certain fields.
- Furthermore, Loyalist College has small classrooms, which allows for direct communication between students and instructors.
- Ultimately, Loyalist College avails of work placements, which enables its students to acquire relevant experience and skills.
Loyalist College programs
Loyalist College Belleville avails a comprehensive range of post-secondary education to its students, which includes;
- Advanced Filmmaking – Digital Content Creation
- Advertising and Marketing Communications – Creative Design
- Animation and Game Development
- Architectural Technician
- ” Technology
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Broadcasting – Television, Filmmaking & Digital Content Creation
- ” Sales and Marketing
- Cannabis Applied Science
- Care of Vulnerable Populations
- Career and College Prep
- Carpentry and Renovation Techniques
- ” and Renovation Technician
- Chemical Engineering Technician
- ” ” Technology
- Child and Youth Care
- Civil Engineering Technician
- ” ” Technology
- Community and Justice Services
- ” Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Computer Systems Technician
- Construction Engineering Technician
- Culinary Skills
- ” Management
- Customs Border Services
- Cyber Security
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Techniques
- ” Engineering Technician – Industrial
- Electromechanical Engineering Technician – Mechatronics
- Emergency Management & Incident Response
- Environmental Technician
- ” Technology
- Esthetics and Spa Management
- Financial Technology
- Fitness and Health Promotion
- General Arts and Science
- Global Business Management
- Horticulture Technician Apprenticeship
- Human Resources Management
- Journalism – Communications
- Law Clerk Advanced
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Massage Therapy
- Mechanical Techniques
- Motive Power Fundamentals – Parts and Counter Personnel
- ” ” Technician – Service and Management
- Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant
- Personal Support Worker
- Police Foundations
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees/Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas
- Pre-Service Firefighter Education & Training
- Project Management
- Protection, Security and Investigation
- Public Relations – Event Management
- Radiation Safety
- Recreation, Sport, and Leisure
- Social Service Worker
- Sports and Entertainment Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain Management – Global Logistics
- Survey Engineering Technician
- Welding Techniques
- ” and Fabrication Technician
Loyalist College admission requirements in Ontario, Canada
Before you can become a student at Loyalist College Belleville, you are required to fulfill specific admission requirements.
Thus, international applicants of Loyalist College are required to apply for admission into their preferred program through the International Applicant Service (IAS) portal.
Required Documents to apply for Loyalist College admission
You are mandated to provide the following documents to apply at Loyalist College Belleville.
Original High School/Post-Secondary certificate and transcript of study (translation required if not in the English language)
Loyalist College Belleville accepts various credentials from international students that want to apply for certain programs of study.
- For India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh applicants: 10 + 12 with scores more than 50%, Bachelors not below 8 backlogs.
- For Hong Kong applicants: Hong Kong Certificate of Education with a credit standing in 5 subjects or pass standing in 6 subjects.
Moreover, Loyalist College Belleville accepts a pass standing of the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Entrance Examination in 5 subjects.
- For England, Wales, West Africa, and Middle East applicants: O level General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) with A, B, C marks or its equivalent in 5 subjects.
- For West Indies applicants: O level General Certificate of Education or Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) with A, B, C grades or its equivalent in 5 subjects.
However, your certificate or transcript must be equivalent to Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) Grade 12. Additionally, if any of your certificates or transcript of study is in other languages apart from English or French, you are required to translate them properly to English.
- A valid passport
- Proof of funds
Proof of English proficiency
This requirement is necessary to international students who want to apply to Loyalist College from countries that don’t use English as their first language.
Moreover, you need to provide proof of English proficiency test scores if your past education wasn’t in the English language.
|English Proficiency Test||Certificate/Diploma Programs/Advanced Diploma||Post-Graduate Programs/Fast-Track|
|International English Language Test Service (IELTS)||6.0 overall; no band below 6.0 (under SDS)
6.0 overall; with 1 band at 5.5 (generic category)
6.5 overall’ minimum of 6.0 in each band (Applicable to Developmental Services Worker, Early Childhood Education, Recreation & Leisure Services, and Fitness and Health Promotion programs.)
7.0 overall with no bands less than 6.5 (applicable to Care of Vulnerable Populations, as well as Personal Support Worker program.)
|6.5 overall; least of 6.0 per band|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||550 (PBT)
80 (iBT least score of 20)
84 (iBT) not less than 21
|Pearson PTE Academic||Overall 54||Overall 60|
|Cambridge English Exam||C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency||C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency|
|Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment||Overall band of 60, writing 60||Overall band of 70, writing 60|
|Duolingo English Test: Online Test.
(Applicable for Developmental Services Worker, Early Childhood Education, Recreation & Leisure Services, and Fitness and Health Promotion programs.)
|95 to 100
105 to 110, equal to IELTS 6.5.
|105 to 110, same as IELTS 6.5)
What can I do using Loyalist College International Applicant Service (IAS) portal?
Loyalist College IAS portal has wide-ranging functions such as to;
- Apply for international admission at Loyalist College Belleville.
- Upload and submit required documents, including Canadian study permit
- Download receipt of tuition payment, Letter of Application sent by Loyalist College, etc.
The application process to become a student at Loyalist College via International Application Service (IAS) portal
- First of all, you are required to sign up for an account
- You can then choose your preferred program, and commence the application process.
- Upload required documents
These documents include the result of an English proficiency test, an original copy of your certificates and transcripts, etc.
- Make payments of Loyalist College application fee
You need to initiate payment for the Loyalist College application fee of CAD $100 via Flywire.
- Submit/send the application online using the IAS portal
You are mandated to submit your application before the closing date specified on the LOA.
Also, ensure that you frequently check the IAS portal to know your application status.
However, a downloadable Letter of Acceptance (LOA) will be sent to your email if Loyalist College has accepted your application.
More so, you will be notified via email if your application for admission to Loyalist College was declined.
- Pay your tuition fees and download the receipt processed by Flywire
Now, you are expected to make full tuition fee payments, which serves as a confirmation of your LOA. Hence, you must process the tuition payment as early as possible.
Furthermore, you need to download the receipt as it’s required to apply for a Canadian study permit.
7. Apply for a Canadian study permit.
At this stage, you need to use the LOA and tuition receipt to apply for a Canadian study permit.
Admission requirements for Loyalist College post-graduate programs
- Certificate of post-secondary education degree/diploma, along with transcripts.
- Additionally, your degree certificate mustn’t be less than second class
How do I get a Credential Assessment Report to apply at Loyalist College?
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS)
Address: Ontario Agricentre
100 Stone Road West
Guelph, Ontario N1G 5L3.
Phone Number: 1 (519) 763-7282
World Education Service (WES)
Address: 2 Carleton Street
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3.
Phone Number: 1 (416) 972-0070
FAQs about Loyalist College admission requirements in Ontario, Canada
Q. How much is the Loyalist College application fee?
Ans – $100 Canadian Dollars, which is non-refundable
Q. What is Loyalist College address?
Ans – 376 Wallbridge Loyalist Rd, Belleville,
ON K8N 5B9, Canada.
Q. How do I contact Loyalist College about my application?
Ans – Via email, [email protected]
Q. How do I apply for Loyalist College admission?
- You can apply for Loyalist College by yourself
- Moreover, Loyalist College application can be initiated via an Education Agent who are located in various countries.
Q. Can I rescind my decision after confirming Loyalist College LOA?
Ans – Yes, but you need to reach out to Belleville Loyalist College international admissions via ontariocolleges.ca
Q. What is the Loyalist College application deadline for international students?
And – You are advised to complete your application process before the 1st of February.
Q. When does Loyalist College notifies international students of their application decision?
Ans – Loyalist College commences sending Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to international students from the 1st of February.
Q. What are Loyalist College key dates?
- Visa Approval Submission: Fall term: 15th of August, 2021
- Health Insurance Coverage dates Winter term: 1st of January to 31st of December, 2021 | Spring term: 1st of May, 2021 to 30th of April, 2022 | Fall term: 1st of September, 2021 to August 31, 2022.
- Arrival Dates: Fall term: From 15th of August, 2021
- First Day of Classes: Fall term: 7th of September, 2021.
Q. How do I obtain Loyalist College health insurance coverage?
Ans – Belleville Loyalist College arranges health insurance coverage for its students.