This post features MacEwan University scholarships awards and bursaries for interested international students.
MacEwan University is a public designated undergraduate university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, in the city’s downtown. It was established in 1971 as Grant MacEwan Community College and was named after Dr J. W. Grant MacEwan, who was an author, educator and former lieutenant governor of Alberta.
MacEwan was formerly a two-year college, however, in 2009, it was accredited and became Alberta’s sixth university. The university offers ten baccalaureate degrees, one applied degree and 43 diploma and certificate programs. In addition, MacEwan University serves as the largest transfer-in post-secondary institution in Alberta.
MacEwan’s four faculties and two schools offer programming in fine arts and communications, health and community studies, liberal arts and sciences, engineering, physical education, nursing, and business.
- Host Country: Canada
- Host Institute: MacEwan University Canada
- Department / Field: Check Details
- Course Level: Undergraduates (Bachelors)
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Fully funded
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: All international students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: Check Detail
- MacEwan University offers fully-funded scholarships for International students from all over the world, therefore, every MacEwan future student is encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Host Institute Description
- MacEwan University is one of the top universities in Canada, particularly for undergraduate courses. The university provides a transformative education in a collaborative and supportive learning environment where creativity thrives, through research and innovation that engage students, faculty, and the community.
Available Fields of Study
The under-listed are the approved fields of study available for MacEwan University scholarships for international students:
- Faculty of arts and sciences
- ” ” ” of Fine arts and communication
- Faculty of Business
- ” ” ” of health and community studies
- Faculty of Nursing
- Open studies
MacEwan University Entrance Scholarship for International Students
MacEwan’s Automated Entrance Scholarships for international degree students are offered in the following:
- President’s Scholarship: A student with a score of 95-100% or AGPA higher than 3.99 will qualify for $12,000 – $14,000
- Provost’s Scholarship: Should you have a score between 90-94.99% or an AGPA of 3.90 – 3.99 you will qualify for $10,000 – $12,000
- Dean’s Scholarship 1: Should you have a score of 85-89.99% or AGPA of 3.70 – 3.89 you will qualify for $8,000 – $10,000
- Dean’s Scholarship 2: Should you have a score of 80-84.99% or AGPA of 3.50-3.69 you will qualify for $6,000 – $8,000
- You must be an International student, that is one on a valid study permit and admitted to the Fall term.
- Must have registered at least 12 credits per term in each of the Fall and Winter terms of the following academic year in a degree program at MacEwan University as of the first day following the add/drop deadline in September.
- You must have obtained a high school average on courses used for admission to a program within the 90-94.99% range.
- And you must consequently be enrolled in the minimum required credits after the add/drop deadline over the Fall and Winter terms
NOTE: The MacEwan Entrance Scholarship may be awarded a maximum of once in an individual’s lifetime.
- If there is any dispute regarding this scholarship, final decisions rest with MacEwan International particularly in support of the need or intent of the scholarship.
- In other to receive the second disbursement of the scholarship for the Winter term, you must have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the Fall term and maintain 12 credits in each of the Fall and Winter terms.
- Should there be more qualified students more than the available funds, scholarships will be awarded starting with the highest scores until funds are exhausted.
- In addition, international students are automatically qualified for these scholarships, there is no other application process.
How to Apply
- To apply successfully you must start the application process early and follow the required steps strictly.
- Check and meet the admission requirements
- Ensure to keep track of deadlines and apply early
MACEWAN UNIVERSITY, CANADA SCHOLARSHIPS for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, 2021-22
Hatter’s Gala Bursary
Programs Type: Any Discipline
As an international student to be considered for this bursary,
- You must be enrolled full-time in your first year of study in the Bachelor of Communications Studies or Design Studies Diploma program
- Must be in good academic standing
- Prove you are in need of financial assistance.
Selection of Award
The selection for this award will be undertaken by the Selection Committee.
Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail. Note that Committee selections are final, appeals will not be considered.
For funds to be disbursed, should you be successful, you must be enrolled in a full-time course load and have a good academic standing.
How to Apply
You can apply for this award through your myStudentSystem. A link to the application will appear on your To-Do List only when the application period is open.
You should note that not all scholarships, awards, and bursaries will be available on your myStudentSystem at all given application period.
4-H Alberta Scholarships
Available to: All Programs
- To be eligible to receive this scholarship, it is required that you are a past or present member of a 4-H Alberta Club.
- As a 4-H member, you may apply for a 4-H scholarship every year that you are a full-time post-secondary student at an officially recognized institution including MacEwan University
- However, if you are successful you must provide proof that you are attending a post-secondary institution as a full-time student.
Selection of Awards
- The selection of recipients is done by 4-H Alberta.
How to Apply through an External Organization
- Note that an organization outside of MacEwan University determines who receives this award. Therefore, applications need to be submitted directly to 4-H Alberta Club.
University of British Columbia Neporany Doctoral Fellowship in Canada, 2021
University of British Columbia Neporany Doctoral Fellowship in Canada, 2019 is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies for international students. Any international student notwithstanding the university can qualify for this scholarship.
Eligibility: Open to all nationalities.
Degree Level: PhD scholarship in political science, economics, and related fields.
Application Deadline: 01 Mar.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 to $20,000.
The scholarship application form can be accessed here
Aspire – Canada Scholarship Program
This is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by the Aspire-Canada organization for international students.
Eligibility: Open to all nationalities.
Program Type: Any subject in a Canadian University towards a Bachelors/Undergraduate, or Masters degree.
Application Deadline: 31 Jul
Value of scholarship: $1000
This scholarship can be taken at Universities in Canada. Please visit to access the scholarship application form here
HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships
This is a Full Funding international scholarship offered by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council (ADC) for international students.
Eligibility: Open to all international applicants
Program Type: This is a Masters scholarship offered in pursuing an Art project management, Arts Policy & Administration, Curating, Marketing & Communication, Research & Analysis, Development & Entrepreneurship programs.
Application Deadline: Varies.
Value of the scholarship: HK$450,000.
This scholarship can be taken Overseas (Anywhere except Hong Kong). The scholarship application form is available here
National Arts Council Arts Scholarships in Singapore, 2021
This is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by the National Art Council (NAC) for international students.
Eligibility: Open to Singapore citizens and permanent Residents
Program Type: This Bachelors/Undergraduate can be taken for pursuing in a degree in Arts.
Application Deadline: 01 Apr is the deadline to send applications for National Arts Council Arts Scholarships in Singapore, 2021.
Value of scholarship: 90% of tuition fees + Allowance + Airfare.
This scholarship can be taken at any recognized Universities or Arts Institutions in Singapore or overseas. The scholarship application form can be accessed here
NEADS National Student Awards in Canada, 2020
The NEADS National Student Awards in Canada, 2020 is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by NEADS for international students.
Eligibility: Open to all citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
Program Types: This Bachelors/Undergraduate and Masters scholarship can be taken for pursuing a degree in any discipline.
Application Deadline: 08 May
Value of scholarship: Up to USD 5,000.
The scholarship can be taken at any University in Canada. The scholarship application form can be accessed here
Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program, 2020
The Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program, 2020 is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) for international students.
Eligibility: Open to all nationalities
Program Type: The Bachelors/Undergraduate and Masters scholarship can be taken for pursuing a degree in Accounting, Business administration, Finance, and Criminal justice.
Application Deadline: 30 Jan
Value of scholarship: USD 1,000 to 10,000.
This scholarship can be taken at any institution(university). The scholarship application form can be accessed here
For more on MacEwan scholarships for International Students, please visit the link below: