In the year 2017, the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) launched the Atlantic immigration pilot program (AIPP) to meet the labor demand market and facilitate the growth in these Atlantic regions. The Atlantic region of Canada comprises of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Basically, AIPP provides an immigration route to skilled immigrants and international graduates from around the world to settle in the Atlantic Provinces of Canada.
International students who have completed their graduation from a recognized and authorized publicly funded academic institutions of Atlantic Provinces can participate in Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP).
There are categories under AIPP program, that facilitates immigrants with different skill sets in the different field of work and these categories are as follows:
- Atlantic High Skilled Program (AHSP)
- Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program (AISP)
- Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP)
Benefits Of Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)
There are many benefits or advantages to applying for this immigration program. This article will focus on some of the major benefits of applying under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP).
- The AIPP program covers all the Atlantic provinces of Canada – New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The AIPP program is a gateway for highly skilled immigrants from all over the world to come to Canada through permanent residence visa if they have an employment offer from the Atlantic province.
- AIPP also presents an opportunity for international students who have completed their studies from a government-funded educational institution in any of these Atlantic provinces to apply for Canada PR and settle permanently in Canada.
- International students who graduated from a publicly funded educational institution does not need any work experience to apply under this AIPP.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) also provides a candidate who has applied under the federal government’s express entry program to apply for Canada PR visa.
- language proficiency requirement is low in these provinces, therefore skilled or semi-skilled can easily apply under this program.
- Candidates who are able to lay their hands on Canada permanent resident visa can enjoy the following benefits of PR visa i.e they will enjoy free health care facilities, can live and work anywhere in Canada, they can apply for Canadian citizenship after three years and can bring their spouse or dependants or relatives to Canada.