Manitoba Business Investor Stream (BIS) is a collection of immigration streams introduced in 2015 and operated by the Manitoba province. The Business Investor Stream includes two immigration streams which target foreign individuals with business experience seeking to invest significant amounts of money in the establishment of new business development in Manitoba.
The Manitoba Business Investor Stream (BIS) was established as a means of encouraging or stimulating the Manitoba economy and bring in qualified applicants from abroad.
Manitoba Business Investor Stream is of two types:
- Manitoba Entrepreneur Pathway
- Manitoba Farm Investor Pathway
Eligibility for Manitoba Business Investor Stream
Interested individuals or investors can apply for the Manitoba Business Investor Stream through these two major pathways: The Farm Investor Pathway and the Entrepreneur Pathway. To qualify for any of the two pathways, you must also be qualified to apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).
Your eligibility will depend on several factors, which include age, language proficiency, working experience, net worth, and additional factors such as their spouse’s language proficiency or existing ties to the province.
From these factors, investor candidates will be ranked on a point-based system that will determine their qualification for the program.
Steps to Apply for Manitoba Business Investor Stream
The following is a brief procedure one would take to apply:
- Self-assessment: Make sure you meet the minimum requirements to apply.
- Research Business Concept: Your Business Concept (or plan) is very important to have a successful application, and we suggest putting a strong emphasis on this particular area. An in-person visit is important, and the Business Consulting Unit (BCU) can provide helpful tips and information.
- Submit Expression of Interest: Submit your Self-Assessment Form (available at www.immigratemanitoba.com), your Business Concept Form and Code of Conduct for Immigration Rep, if applicable.
- Submit Application: You will be issued a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA), after which, you will only have 120 days to submit a complete application to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) with a $2,500 processing fee.
- Application Assessment: MPNP will perform an assessment of your application and arranged an interview with you to discuss your Business Plan. If approved, you will sign a Business Performance Agreement (BPA). The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program will then provide a Letter of Support to include with your Temporary Work Permit application to IRCC.
- Operate Business: Meet BPA requirements, and provide progress reports to MPNP. Business Consulting Unit (BCU) can also help you the moment you land in Manitoba.
- Receive Nomination: Once MPNP verifies you have successfully completed the criteria of your BPA, they will grant you a Certificate of Nomination. Then, you may apply for a Permanent Resident Visa to IRCC.