The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is a Provincial Nominee Program, created and designed by the federal government of Manitoba, and supported by the government of Canada.
The aim of this program is to identify and select immigrants who satisfy the labor needs and gaps of the province of Manitoba.
Therefore, as a foreign worker, if you possess any skill or skill sets which matches the jobs that are available in the labor market of Manitoba, you stand the chance of been nominated through this program to become a permanent resident of Canada.
This opportunity isn’t available to you alone, it equally captures your
- Children or wards,
- Common-law partner,
- Family members,
- And all other dependents that you may intend to immigrate with you to Canada.
The Under Listed is Groups of Persons who may benefit from the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
- Any applicant who is already working in Canada.
- An applicant with past work experience in Canada as a foreign worker.
- If you have worked in Canada or in the Canadian province of Manitoba as a temporary resident, however, now planning a permanent Canadian immigration.
- A graduate who has studied in Canada and now wish to live in Canada or apply for permanent residence.
- As an immigrant moving to Canada and hoping to obtain a permanent residency in Manitoba, Canada.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is a program which is supported by both the Government of Canadian and the government of the Province of Manitoba itself.
Table of Contents
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Requirements
- Your work experience,
- Language test such as IELTS test scores (IELTS requirements)
- Educational qualifications
- Work experience as a temporary foreign worker
- Canadian work permit
- Language proficiency, etc.
All of these requirements amongst others can play a very important role in helping you to fulfill your dreams of immigrating to Canada and consequently becoming a permanent resident of Canada and Manitoba through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.
Continue to read to discover Manitoba’s immigration policies, and if the MPNP can assist you to immigrate to Canada on a permanent basis.
How to apply for Manitoba provincial nominee program (MPNP)
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee program is consists of 3 different immigration streams. Each of these stream has its own pathways underneath it. Manitoba provincial nominee program online application forms may be found on the province’s website. Paper applications may also be submitted.
To apply for immigration and citizenship to Canada and permanent residence in Manitoba using these programs, you must first be eligible for at least one of the pathways.
Thus, the Provincial Nominee Program pathway or MPNP may be your opportunity to fulfill your long awaited dream of living in Canada and obtaining Canadian citizenship.
In addition, there are immigration pathways which are specifically created and designed for international students and foreign workers.
Discussed below are the streams, their pathways, and their qualification criteria.
The Skilled Worker Stream
If you had a job in Canada or previously worked in Manitoba as a skilled worker, or are currently working in Manitoba under a temporary work visa, you may apply for Canadian permanent residency through this stream.
Find out whether you fulfill the Manitoba provincial nominee program eligibility criteria for any of these pathways from the list below.
1. Skilled Workers in Manitoba
Having a long term offer of employment from your employer in Manitoba can help you realize your dream of living in Canada through the skilled workers stream. The requirement however entails that:
- You must be qualified for the job including evidence of having under gone proven training,
- Have the right education and therefore possess the required certification or license.
- Possess evidence of language proficiency in line with the Canadian Language Benchmark standards.
- You must have a proven connection with Manitoba stronger than with any other province of Canada.
- There must be a Settlement Plan which details your intent of living and working in Manitoba for you and your family as permanent residents.
2. Skilled Workers Overseas
To be eligible to apply for the skilled workers overseas stream you must fulfil the following requirements.
- It is required that you must have worked for at least 6 months for an employer located in Manitoba.
- Must thereafter provide a letter of reference signed by this employer.
- You must already hold a Canadian Work Permit.
- If you completed your studies in Manitoba or attended a training program as an international student in Manitoba, you are eligible to submit your application through this stream.
- To show evidence of this, you will be required to submit your study permit, academic transcripts from your training center or educational institution, and also provide the certificate or diploma or degree you received at the end of your program.
International Education Stream
Suppose you are among the category of persons who fall under the international students group and you obtained your degree from Manitoba, this stream can help you immigrate to Canada, gain Canadian citizenship and permanent resident status.
1. Career Employment Pathway
The career employment pathway is for you, if you were a student who graduated from a designated post-secondary academic institution in Manitoba in the last three years.
The criteria to be eligible to apply however, involves that:
- You must have a score of at least 7 CLB in your language proficiency test.
- Should also have obtained an employment offer to work full time in Manitoba from an eligible employer.
- You must be able to prove that you are adaptable to the program if you live in Manitoba at the time your application is submitted.
2. Graduate Internship Pathway
This pathway is designed for graduates who have completed a master’s or doctoral degree from any higher institution in Manitoba in the last 3 years. If you fall into this category, you may be eligible to make a permanent residency application through this stream.
The Graduate Internship Pathway Requirements include the following:
- Applicant must have a score of CLB 7 as minimum in the language test.
- You eligible to submit application if you finished an internship in a recognized industry in Manitoba.
- It is required that you are either employed in Manitoba or you submit proof of your financial sufficiency for the next 6 months at the time of submitting your application.
3. International Student Entrepreneur Pilot
This pathway is designed for foreign graduate students who wish to be self- employed, that are starting their own business. As a requirement of this application process, you are expected to submit the following:
- You must have your business plan ready because you would be required to submit it alongside your application. This step is in accordance with your Business Performance Agreement, before your nomination.
- To be eligible you should have held a senior manager position for at least 6 months in Manitoba prior to your application submission.
- Within this period of application submission, your temporary work permit must remain valid.
- A business partnership is also eligible, in this regard; you can own at least 51% of the business.
Business Investor Stream
The business Investor stream is available for those immigrants who have experience as a business owner, particularly in the agricultural sector as a farm owner.
You are eligible to apply through this stream for immigration and citizenship in Canada, if you meet the criteria of the business investor stream.
You may be qualified to apply under the pathways in this stream. Job Offers In Health, Agriculture, And Manufacturing Learn about your eligibility below.
1. Entrepreneur Pathway
This pathway requires that you satisfy the under listed criteria in other to be eligible to submit an application.
- You must have at least 3 years of full time work experience, cumulative in the last five years before you can qualify for this stream.
- It is a must that you either have held a senior management role or be an active business owner in other to be eligible for this pathway.
- A Business Plan must be submitted with your application.
- Your business must be able to create at the minimum a one job position for Manitoba permanent residents.
- A CLB score of 5 is the benchmark requirement to be met by you and your spouse or business partner in your language proficiency test.
2. Farm Investor Pathway
Interested in establishing and owning a farm in the province of Manitoba, this farm investor pathway is for you.
The criteria for qualification nevertheless, entail that:
- You should have at minimum three years of work experience as a farm owner or operator.
- For proper adaptability, this stream mandates that you are proficient in the Canadian official languages of either English or French.
- Therefore, your entry interview will be conducted in English or French.
- You farm business must be established in the rural areas of Manitoba province only.
- Additionally, you are expected to submit a farm business plan with your online application.
Aside from Manitoba, which other provinces in Canada conduct the Provincial Nominee Program?
Other provinces such as British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario, Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Prince Edward Island all have their own provincial nominee programs.
What is processing time for Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program?
Processing times vary across different types of immigration pathways. In Manitoba, application turn around time is about 4 months and when the application is assessed by the Federal government also, it can take around 12 to 15 months. There are also some cases of MPNP where the application can take around 20 months to process.
How much does Manitoba Provincial Nominee cost?
The amount of money paid during the application stage depend on the category of immigration you’re applying for. Find out how much you need to apply for Manitoba provincial nominee in the table below:
|S.No.||Manitoba PNP Stream||Fee In CAD|
|1||Skilled worker overseas||$ 500|
|2||Skilled worker in Manitoba||$ 500|
|3||International Education Stream:||$ 500|
|4||Investor / farm Investor Pathway||$ 2500|
Does the Province of Quebec participate in the Provincial Nominee Program?
No, the province of Quebec has a different program through which it nominates applicants for Canadian citizenship, also for resident visa or for permanent Canadian residency.