Medicine Hat College Alberta was founded in 1965. Almost 2,500 students attend the main campus; while another 200 attend the Brooks Campus, located 100 km west of Medicine Hat in Brooks. The college is a public, board governed, comprehensive community college serving southeastern Alberta and southwestern Saskatchewan, Canada. It is located in the city of Medicine Hat, Alberta. There are several opportunities for degree completion at the institution. However, more than 30 diplomas and certificates are offered along with 25 university transfer programs. In collaborative agreements with the University of Calgary and Mount Royal University, students are able to complete a bachelor’s degree in nursing and education.
In additin, applied degrees are also offered in Ecotourism and Outdoor Leadership, Applied Arts (Visual Communications)and Applied Health Science (Paramedic). Graduated students from diploma programs such as Police and Security may also complete degrees through Athabasca University. The college offers unique diploma programs such as Addictions Counseling, Technical Illustrator, Paramedic, and Global Tourism and Marketing.
Location Of Medicine Hat College
The Medicine Hat college is located adjacent to the Trans Canada Highway.
The Brooks college is located adjacent to the Trans Canada Highway in Brooks, Alberta, 110 kilometres west of Medicine Hat.
Pregram Offered At The College
- Academic Upgrading and English as a Second Language
- Agriculture and Related Technology
- Aviation and Related Technology
- Business and Administration Studies
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Communications, Journalism, and Related Studies
- Computer and Information Technology
- Education and Library Studies
- Engineering and Science Technologies
- Environment, Forestry, and Related Studies
- Fine Arts and Performing Arts
- General Studies
- Health Care, Medical Studies, and Technologies
- Personal, Home, and Food Studies
- Physical Education and Recreation
- Social, Community, and Protective Services
The following are the credentials offered at Medicine Hat College:
- Applied Degree
Tuition Offered At The College
EAP tuition per semester:
- $4,826.25 Tuition (13 weeks) (15 credits)
- $78.00 Non-instructional Service Fee
- $93.00 Student’s Association Fee
- $190.00 Guard.me Insurance
- $5,187.25 Total Fees
Career Programs Tuition
- Fall Winter and Spring health insurance is $190.00 per semester.
$650.00/month (includes 3 meals/day)