If you are planning to migrate to Canada on skilled permanent residence visa, you need to have a good profile score as well. This article discusses the Minimum Points Required for Canada Permanent Resident Visa – Canada PR Points.
Canada is one of those countries that follow a point-based system for accepting skilled immigrants in the country as permanent residents. Thus, your point score plays a major role in obtaining the Permanent Resident visa from the Canadian government.
Let’s take a look at the Canada PR process in terms of Express Entry System- the most common point-based immigration system of Canada.
Canada PR Process (Canada PR Points)
Canadian permanent residency (PR) process can be separated into two categories. As a skilled PR candidate, you will first create a profile in Express Entry system or any other PR program and then, get selected in the Express Entry pool, based on your CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score.
Every two weeks, the IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) will select the top ranking profiles (candidates with top CRS scores) from express entry pool and ask them to apply for Canada PR visa within 90 days.
After that, the next step is to submit a complete Canada PR application along with the required documents. The immigration office will evaluate and verify the application and documents and if all found correct, Permanent Residency approval will be issued in the name of the applicant. Thus, your CRS score decides, whether or not you will reach the 2nd stage of the process.
What is the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)?
The Comprehensive Ranking System, also known as CRS is a point system that assesses the eligibility and suitability of a PR visa applicant based on his total points scored for age, work experience, education, Language ability (English or French), adaptability, etc.
The higher your CRS score, the greater your chances of obtaining an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR visa from IRCC.
The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will carry out a draw every two weeks to select top ranking profiles from the express entry pool.
When each draw is made, it announces cut off marks (i.e. CRS score requirement). The candidates who pass the cut off marks get the ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Canada PR Visa.
How many CRS points are enough to get the invitation from IRCC?
There is no fixed pattern for the qualifying marks or CRS score requirement as qualifying CRS marks criteria changes in every draw.
Let’s take a look at the latest EE draw occurred on April 11, 2018. In the 7th express entry draw of the year occurred recently, IRCC demanded 444 CRS points.
Thus, according to the latest EE draw trend, if you have the CRS score around this mark, you have a high chance of acquiring approval for Canada PR from IRCC.
Ways to Increase Your CRS Score For Canada PR Visa
For many applicants attaining the required number of points has been really difficult. Here below are the other ways to increase you Express entry CRS point score:
- Extra points for good French Skills: You can acquire some extra points for your good French-speaking skills (NCLC 7 or higher on all Four (4) French language skills) with regards to the following arrangement: 15 extra points if you get CLB 4 or lower in English; or 30 extra more points if you get CLB 5 or above on all four English skills
- Bonus points for Sibling in Canada: you can acquire 15 extra points if you or your spouse have a sibling living in Canada as a citizen or permanent resident.
- Arranged employment: Although, it’s not mandated these days, if you have an employment offer from a Canadian employer, you can get extra CRS points based on the same.
- Increase your language proficiency: If your first language proficiency score (i.e. IELTS test score in English) is low, you can take the test again to add to your band score and then, get the extra CRS points based on the same.
- Enhance the Educational Qualification: You can also earn some additional points by working on your educational qualification. For example, if you are a graduate, you can get a Master’s degree to earn better points, moreover, Doctoral degree can earn you maximum points).
- More Work Experience: getting more Work Experience and adding the same in your resume or Curriculum vitae can help you gain some express entry valuable CRS points.
In case you need more help as per Canada PR Points or if you want to increase your CRS score, simply reach us via the comment section below or WhatsApp us. Our expert will attend you as soon as possible.