If you plan to see your spouse, parent(s), or child/ren in Mongolia, you may need to apply for Mongolia Family Visit Visa depending on your nationality.
Mongolia is home to thousands of immigrants from many different countries. Most of these immigrants still have their family members in their home country who may only visit them occasionally. Without a doubt, Mongolia has one of the highest turnouts of visitors and tourists every year.
In recent years, an average of 500,000 foreign nationals visit Mongolia yearly for tourism purposes. The majority of Mongolia’s total land area of 1.5 million square kilometers consists of attractions that no one can resist to the sight. All these qualify Mongolia to be among the most visited countries in East Asia.
Continue reading to learn more about getting Mongolia Family Visit Visa from anywhere in the world.
In this article
- Popular Attractions to See upon Arrival with a Mongolia Family Visit Visa
- Who Needs to Apply for Mongolia Family Visit Visa?
- Exemptions for Mongolia Family Visit Visa
- Mongolia Family Visit Visa Fee
- Processing Time of Mongolia Family Visit Visa
- Mongolia Family Visit Visa Requirements
- How to Get Mongolia Family Visit Visa
- Step 1: Assemble the required documents
- Step 2: Fill out the Mongolia Family Visit Visa application form
- Step 3: Pay your visa application fee at the nearest Mongolian diplomatic mission
- Step 4: Put forward all the required documents
- Step 5: Pick up your passport after the diplomatic mission’s consideration
- Validity Period of Mongolia Family Visit Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Popular Attractions to See upon Arrival with a Mongolia Family Visit Visa
Generally speaking, Mongolia is a country well known for many unique reasons, most especially for its stunning nature and architecture. As such, the best way to spend each passing day in Mongolia involves staying out, particularly in any of the tourist attractions within the country.
Of course, Mongolia has plenty of lakes, rivers, gardens, mountains, national parks, monasteries, and museums. A visit to any of these places will surely impress you.
The following are some attractions to consider visiting in Mongolia.
- Chinggis Khaan Statue Complex
- Gorkhi Terelj National Park
- Gandantegchinlen Monastery
- Erdene Zuu Monastery
- Flaming Cliffs
- Bogd Khaan Palace Museum
- Choijin Lama Museum
- Zaisan Monument
- Amarbayasgalant Monastery
- The Fine Arts Zanabazar Museum
- Yolin Am Ice Field
- Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake
- Ongi Monastery
- Manzushir Monastery
- Ugii Lake
- Bogd Khan Mountain
- Central Dinosaur Museum of Mongolia
- Mongolian National Modern Art Gallery
- Khorgo Mountain
- International Intellectual Museum
- Khoton Lake
- National Amusement Park
- Burkhan Khaldun
- Tolbo Lake
- Kharakhorum Museum
- Khamariin Khiid Monastery
- Red Waterfall
- Khurgan Lake
- Chinggis Khaan Statue
- Ulaanbaatar City Museum
- State Opera and Ballet Academic Theatre
- Khar Lake
- Mongolian Military Museum
- Orkhon Waterfall
- Sky Resort
- Khuisiin Naiman Lake
- Uran Togoo & Tulga
- Statue of Marco Polo
Who Needs to Apply for Mongolia Family Visit Visa?
Mongolia Family Visit Visa is a type of visa that authorizes a foreigner to join his or her family member who is already a legal resident of Mongolia.
However, Mongolia’s visa policy makes it possible for citizens of certain countries to travel visa-free to the country. Such nationals have an exemption to apply for Mongolia family visa provided that their intended stay will not surpass 90 days.
Exemptions for Mongolia Family Visit Visa
To visit a family member in Mongolia without a visa, you must fit into one of the following categories.
#1. Visa-exempt for a stay not more than 90 days in Mongolia:-
- The United States of America
- Ukraine (applicable only to those with a private or official invitation)
#2. Can travel visa-free to Mongolia for up to 30 days:-
#3. Filipino citizens can travel visa-free to Mongolia for up to 21 days.
#4. Foreign nationals do not need a visit to enter Hong Kong for a maximum period of 14 days.
#5. You must hold an official or diplomatic passport of one of the countries listed below.
- The United Kingdom (only those with a diplomatic passport)
- France (only applicable to diplomatic passport holders of the French Republic)
- Estonia (must hold a diplomatic biometric passport)
- South Korea
- Italy (applicable only to Italians who hold a diplomatic passport)
- North Korea
- The Czech Republic (must possess a diplomatic passport)
#6. Chinese citizens who hold a passport for public affairs can enter Mongolia visa-free for up to 30 days.
Mongolia Family Visit Visa Fee
Foreigners who are applying for a family visa to Mongolia must pay a fee ranging from $50 to $70 deepening on their home country and the currency exchange rate.
Of course, there is no exemption to this fee, which is payable to the Mongolian embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
Processing Time of Mongolia Family Visit Visa
It will take up to one week to process your family visit visa application at a Mongolian embassy or consulate.
It is also important to realize that the processing time is only likely to take longer when the Mongolian diplomatic mission expects you to meet further requirements.
Mongolia Family Visit Visa Requirements
Here is a list of the documents needed to support your application for a family visit visa in any Mongolian embassy or consulate.
- A filled-out application form for Mongolia Family Visit Visa
- Your original passport, which must not be expiring even six months after your intended travel date
- A photograph of you taken recently (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
- An invitation letter from your family member in Mongolia
- Evidence of prepaid accommodation (hotel or rental apartment) in Mongolia
- Account statements obtained from your bank for the last six months. Alternatively, you can submit any other official document that proves your sustenance.
- A copy of your travel ticket to Mongolia
How to Get Mongolia Family Visit Visa
To apply for a family visit visa to Mongolia, here are five (5) steps to undertake one by one.
- Assemble the required documents
- Fill out the Mongolia Family Visit Visa application form
- Pay your visa application fee at the nearest Mongolian diplomatic mission
- Put forward all the required documents
- Pick up your passport after the diplomatic mission’s consideration
Step 1: Assemble the required documents
To obtain this type of visa, you must first put together your application supporting documents.
If necessary, you also have to arrange an appointment with a Mongolian diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate) in your country of origin.
Step 2: Fill out the Mongolia Family Visit Visa application form
The second step in getting Mongolia Family Visit Visa is to fill out an application form on its behalf. The form is obtainable over the internet, or in person at a Mongolian diplomatic mission.
Step 3: Pay your visa application fee at the nearest Mongolian diplomatic mission
Next, you must complete the fee payment for Mongolia Family Visit Visa. The consular officers at the diplomatic mission in your home country will guide you on how to pay the fee.
Step 4: Put forward all the required documents
This step demands you to visit a Mongolian embassy or consulate in your home country for submission purposes.
Be certain that you tender all the required documents to a consular officer at the diplomatic mission.
Step 5: Pick up your passport after the diplomatic mission’s consideration
At this stage, you can collect your visa-stamped passport from the diplomatic mission provided that you have received a notification from a consular officer.
If approved, you can get a travel ticket and depart for Mongolia.
Validity Period of Mongolia Family Visit Visa
A family visa for Mongolia allows its holder to stay for up to 90 days, which is equivalent to three months.
Bear in mind that you must either apply for your visa extension at the Mongolian Immigration Agency at Ulaanbaatar or leave the country latest on your current visa’s expiry date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to get Mongolia Family Visit Visa?
The turnaround time for family visa applications to visit Mongolia takes a maximum period of one week.
Is it easy to get Mongolia Family Visit Visa?
Yes, it is very easy to get a family visa to visit Mongolia. Its application process requires several documents, as follows,
- A valid passport
- An application form, which you have filled out correctly and completely
- A 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm recent photograph
- Your bank statements for the last six months
- An invitation letter from your family member who lives legally in Mongolia
- Proof of prepaid accommodation in Mongolia
- A travel ticket to Mongolia
How long can I stay on Mongolia Family Visit Visa?
The maximum duration of stay allowable for Mongolia family visa holders is 90 days. Hence, foreign nationals who hold this type of visa must leave Mongolia except if they got a visa extension.
Where do I apply for Mongolia Family Visit Visa?
You can apply for Mongolia Family Visa at the Mongolian embassy or consulate in your country of origin. To obtain its application form, you can either contact a Mongolian consular officer at the nearest diplomatic mission or log on to the mission’s official website.
Can I extend Mongolia Family Visit Visa?
Yes, you can extend your Mongolian Family Visa for an additional 90 days through the Immigration Agency at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
In summary, a valid passport and Family Visit Visa are all you need to see a family member in Mongolia. Getting this visa allows you to enjoy your time in the beautiful environs of Mongolia.
In case you still feel perplexed, do not hesitate to get in touch with our team, as you should waste no more time before you meet your loved ones.
Thanks for reading!