If you ever want to visit Mongolia, you must know the Mongolian Visa requirements. This Visa is required for all visitors to the country and can be obtained for a 30-day stay. A visa is an important document required for travel to any country; therefore, it is essential to understand what it is and what it can be used for. If you ever want to visit Mongolia, this document you will need. This article looks at the Mongolian Visa, why you might want to visit Mongolia, the requirements needed to secure one, and what the Mongolian Visa can be used for.
In this article
Mongolia Visa Policy
Who can enter Mongolia with a valid visa and how they can apply for a visa are governed by Mongolia’s visa policy. The Mongolia visa policy is very liberal and welcoming to tourists from all over the world. There are no visa requirements for citizens of most countries. And even those who do need a visa can quickly obtain one upon arrival in Mongolia. This makes Mongolia a beautiful destination for travelers who want to experience its unique culture and natural beauty.
For entry into Mongolia, one of the requirements is that all visitors must have a valid passport for at least six months from the date of arrival and a Mongolian visa. Depending on their nationality, holders of foreign passports might employ different visa application procedures.
Mongolia Visa Passport Validity
Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your arrival in Mongolia. This is if you want to stay there permanently.
Make sure your passport and other travel papers satisfy their criteria by checking with your travel company.
Different Types of Mongolia Visa
The principal varieties of visas for Mongolia are:
- Mongolia Tourist visa: As the name implies, foreign people who wish to go to Mongolia for a brief time need this visa. As mentioned above, several nations are excluded from the requirement to get a tourist visa.
- Mongolia Business visa: Foreign visitors, who will enter Mongolia for brief business trips, such as to participate in meetings, negotiations, etc., will be granted this sort of Visa. In other words, if you have a business visa, you cannot work for a Mongolian firm.
- Mongolia work visa. You can work in Mongolia with this sort of Visa. But first, you must locate an employer who can obtain approval from the Mongolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Agency.
- Student Visa for Mongolia: With this kind of Visa, you are able to do academic or vocational training, as well as scientific research and study, at Mongolian higher education institutions.
- Family/Visit Visa for Mongolia: This Visa is for foreign citizens who want to join family members already in Mongolia.
- Transit Visa for Mongolia: If you need to pass through Mongolia in transit to another location, the transit visa will let you stay there for up to 10 days.
There are two ways to apply for a visa to Mongolia:
- At one of Mongolia’s overseas consulates or embassies.
- After reaching the airport or border crossing (for certain nationalities), this is only for transient uses like travel and transportation.
- You can get one online if your country is eligible for an E-visa. You can also finish all the processes online before travel.
Through a streamlined electronic application procedure, up to 180 countries can now submit their visa applications for Mongolia solely online.
Through this E-visa scheme, qualified visitors can get an email with a Mongolian visa approval attached. It eliminates the requirement for visitors to physically visit an embassy or consulate in their country of residency to present paper documentation or to stand in long lines to secure a Mongolian visa upon arrival.
Depending on the traveler’s nationality, a Mongolia E-visa is a single entry electronic visa that permits a stay of 30 to 90 days. It is acceptable for both commercial and recreational uses. However, for longer continuous stays in Mongolia or to apply for a work or student visa, travelers who qualify for an E-visa must submit a visa application to the closest Mongolian diplomatic mission. In addition, regardless of intended stay length or purpose, visitors from around 65 nations must get an authorized diplomatic visa for Mongolia.
Eligible people, who have the visa requirements for Mongolia, can submit a quick online application with basic personal passport and travel information to get an E-visa to Mongolia in only a few minutes. Then, after paying the online visa cost with a credit or debit card and submitting the form, they can upload the required supporting papers in digital format.
Typically, processing an online Mongolian visa takes 3-5 business days. To ensure adequate processing time in unlikely delays, candidates are urged to submit their applications at least 14 days before their anticipated arrival date.
An approved Mongolia E-visa is emailed to the applicant after it is granted.
Application Procedure for a Mongolia Visa
Depending on the applicant’s demands, a visa from the Mongolian embassy may be granted for a range of travel-related purposes as a tourist, business, work, student, transit, or another visa category. It can be issued as a single entry or multiple entrance document. In addition, it comes with various authorized stay and validity durations.
- It is first essential to schedule an appointment at the closest Mongolian diplomatic government office to apply for an embassy visa for Mongolia.
- Depending on the visa request, you must fill out a visa application form to bring to the confirmed consular interview along with various supporting papers or documents.
- Please send the application or deliver it to the embassy or consulate.
- Pay the application cost for a visa. The cost varies according to the type of Visa as well as according to how long the Visa is valid.
To ensure that your application is appropriately handled and accepted, you should start the application procedure long before the day you want to arrive. This might take several weeks.
Requirements for the Mongolia Visa
The following documentation is required to apply for a visa to Mongolia:
- A completed application for a visa to Mongolia. The form is available on the embassy’s website, or you can get a copy when you submit your application.
- Your authentic passport from the date you want to enter Mongolia. The passport must still be valid for at least another six months.
- A recent photo of oneself is 3.5 cm by 4.5 cm in size.
- Evidence of lodging in Mongolia, e.g., your hotel booking.
- A duplicate of your rail or airline ticket
- Proof that you have the resources to support yourself throughout your stay. This might include copies of your bank statements.
- A letter, note, or invitation indicating the purpose of travel and approval by the appropriate agency.
- You will need the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ approval whenever you go on a trip for work or with a non-governmental organization.
- If going on a long-term trip for work, school, or another reason, the Immigration Agency’s approval is needed.
- If going on a diplomatic mission, get a formal request from the sending agency. You can also get from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or International diplomatic missions should be provided.
Whichever Mongolia visa requirements that the embassy or consulate requests you to provide, ensure to submit the appropriate ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I extend my Visa to Mongolia?
You can extend your stay in Mongolia by applying to the Mongolian Immigration Agency before your existing Visa expires. You must apply for a visa extension at least four days before your current tourist visa expires if you wish to extend it.
How much does a Visa to Mongolia cost?
Depending on the place of application and the local currency, the cost of a Mongolian visa varies somewhat—a 30-day visa with one entry costs between $50 and $70. Costs will increase for longer-term visas.
How long is a Mongolian Visa valid?
A transit visa is only suitable for ten days. At the same time, a tourist visa to Mongolia permits the holder to stay there for up to 30 days. Other visas for Mongolia are given out according to the purpose of the trip. It can range from 90 days to 1 year with one or more entries.
The Mongolian embassies or immigration officials will decide how long the Visa will be issued.
You might wonder – why visit Mongolia? Well, there is a lot to do in the country that is located in the eastern part of Asia. Some of the most popular attractions are the capital city of Ulan Bator. We also have the national park of Terelj and the Gobi desert.
You can apply for the Mongolian Visa online if you have the requirements. This Visa can last for 180 days. However, you have to move around with it when you are in Mongolia.