Mount Royal University Admission Requirements for international students are out for international students who wish to get admission for their study in the university. Admission into Mount Royal has a general policy that most all undergraduate (credit) programs candidates must follow.
Apart from this general admission policy, each program also has specific admission requirements which all candidates must follow including international students.
When looking for admission into Mount Royal University you must ensure to follow the process and also make sure you are familiar with both the general and specific admission requirements for the program(s) you select.
Apart from the requirements, all applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency for the purpose of admission especially for those students whose first language (learned and understood) is not English.
Table of Contents
- 1 Mount Royal University
- 2 Mount Royal University Admission Requirements For International Students
- 3 How To Apply For The Mount Royal University Admission
- 3.1 Application Deadlines
- 3.2 Program-specific admission information
- 3.3 Degree and Diploma Programs
- 3.4 Certificate Programs
- 3.5 University Entrance Option
- 3.6 Open Studies
- 3.7 International Pathway Program
- 3.8 Occupational programs
- 3.9 English Language Proficiency Requirement – Institutional
- 3.10 Admission process for international students at Mount Royal University
- 4 Programs at Mount Royal University
Mount Royal University
Mount Royal University was established in the year 1910. It was established as a post-secondary institution in the year 1931 but later gained the status of a university in 2009 and became known as Mount Royal University.
Mount royal university has a good reputation for the kind of quality education it offers to its students to become successful individuals upon graduation from the school. Students who enroll in different programs for each academic session always testify to the quality of education offered at Mount Royal University.
Mount Royal University Admission Requirements For International Students
Below are the admission requirements for international students at Mount Royal University
High School Applicant
To be eligible for admission as a high school applicant, you must
- Be in your final year of high school
- You must have completed no fewer than eight post-secondary courses.
- Present five Grade 12 level courses
- ” ” ” a minimum admission average of 65%
- ” ” ” the required courses and minimum grades
To be eligible for admission as a post-secondary applicant, you must
- Complete four and above transferable post-secondary courses
- Completed a minimum of 24 credits
- Have your official high school transcript
- Present your English Language proficiency test result
- ” ” ” courses from an accredited post-secondary school
- ” ” ” a minimum average of 2.0
To be eligible for admission as a mature applicant, you must
- Be 21 years and above
- Meet the high school applicant requirement
- Have completed sufficient courses
- Present an official transcript
- ” ” ” at least 2 grade 12 level courses
- ” ” ” the required courses and minimum grades
All applicants must present
- English Language Arts 30-1 — minimum grade 60%
- Mathematics 30 – 1 — minimum grade 60%
- Chemistry 30 — minimum grade 60%
How To Apply For The Mount Royal University Admission
To apply for admission, you are required to:
- Apply online for the admission
- Submit all official documents
- Check your application status
- Receive admission decision
The table below shows the various application deadlines
|Oct. 1 – Nov. 1||Early Admission application period|
|Nov. 2 – Dec 22||Ongoing admission based on program space and availability|
|Oct. – Dec.||Receive an offer of admission – pay $425 Tuition Deposit by the deadline specified in your offer letter|
|Oct. 20||Seek to advise information|
|Oct. 28||Registration opens for new students|
|Oct.||Apply for student loans|
|Dec. 1||Final/official transcripts due|
|Jan. 3||Attend New Student Orientation|
|Jan. 4||First day of classes|
|Jan. 14||Tuition and fees due|
Program-specific admission information
When making inquires about admission requirements for international students at Mount Royal University, international students must also know that apart from general admission requirements, that there are also program-specific admission requirements that must be met for any chosen program at Mount Royal University.
Degree and Diploma Programs
The Admission Requirements for degree and diploma programs are always provided by the chart which will provide a list of the specific courses required for each program.
But you must take note that you will also need to review your specific program of interest for detailed admission criteria.
For further information on competitive admission averages, please see the competitive admission average section below.
For certificate programs, Admission information can be found at Programs Offered by the student.
Other Non-credential offerings
University Entrance Option
This option is intended for students who wish to pursue a baccalaureate degree but do not currently meet the admission requirements and/or competitive admission average, or perhaps just applied a little too late in the admission process to gain entry into their desired program.
Admission is competitive and applicants will be considered in the high school or mature admission category only. Applicants with more than four post-secondary courses by Dec. 31 for the following Fall Semester are not eligible to apply.
You take university-level courses and, if needed, you may also take upgrading courses within University Entrance Option.
This is an open category that allows applicants to enter Mount Royal to take university-level courses and/or upgrading courses as long as they have met the English Language Proficiency Requirement (if your first language is not English).
Please note that if the number of applicants who apply during Early Admission exceeds the space available, applicants will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
International Pathway Program
Are you an international student currently living outside of Canada or the United States who is missing one or more admission requirements for your intended degree or diploma program?
The International Pathway Program provides an opportunity to complete Mount Royal’s highest level of the English Language Program while completing missing high school course requirements. At the same time, you can begin taking post-secondary courses towards your intended degree or diploma.
An occupational program (diploma or certificate) includes academic, practical, and experiential learning in the community. It is designed to be flexible and geared toward the needs of students by preparing you for entry to practice in the career of your choice.
Applicants must meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement (if your first language is not English). Mount Royal offers occupational programs in three areas: Funeral Service, Massage Therapy, and Personal Fitness Trainer.
English Language Proficiency Requirement – Institutional
One of the admission requirements for international students at Mount Royal University which international students must meet includes two separate English requirements for admission to Mount Royal. This is only when the applicant does not have the English language as their first language (learned and understood).
The English text includes:
- English Language Arts 30-1 (or equivalent) if required by the program, AND
- Demonstrate English Language Proficiency in one of the following ways:
How to meet ELP
1. High School/Secondary and/or Post-secondary (transferable to MRU) courses
2 years of full-time study in English (see list of English speaking countries below) and English Language Arts 30 – 1 (equivalent)
2. LEAP 4 Advanced taken at Mount Royal
LEAP 4 with B- (80%)
3. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
86 (min. 20 in each of four sections)
4. IELTS (International English Language Test [Academic])
6.5 (min. 5.5 on each band)
5. CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)
70 (min. 60 in each band)
6. MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
85 (min. 3 in oral component)
7. PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic)
58 (min. 55 in each area)
8. CAE (Cambridge English: Assessment)
C1 or C2 Certificate Awarded (Pass at Grade C with min. 180 overall)
9. CanTEST (Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees)
4.5 overall minimum
English speaking countries for the purpose of English Language Proficiency requirement:
The admission requirements for international students at Mount Royal University for the English language are needed by candidates from these countries.
Admission process for international students at Mount Royal University
1: Choose your undergraduate program
2: Learn about admission requirements
3: Apply for a room in student Residence
4: Apply for scholarships/awards
5: Get your study permit
6: Get ready to come to Mount Royal
Programs at Mount Royal University
The University offers a total of 43 different bachelor’s degrees to its students who can choose from the plethora of courses under these 43 degrees. Mount Royal University university also offers applied degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs which include 30 different specializations for their students.
Mount Royal University also has a good reputation for the 12 degrees and 33 majors it offers to the students who apply to study in the university. With its average class size of 31 students learning is made easy and effective in the university for their students.
These various courses offered at Mount Royal University are divided further divided into different fields of studies which include the following:
- the faculties of art
- the faculty of business,
- ” ” ” ” communication,
- ” ” ” ” continuing education,
- ” ” ” ” health,
- ” ” ” ” education,
- ” ” ” ” science and technology,
- ” ” ” ” Health and Community Studies,
- ” ” ” ” Science and Technology,
- ” ” ” ” Teaching and Learning, and the Conservatory.
All these faculties at Mount Royal University work hard towards the well-being and success of the students after graduation from the institution.
You can also see details about the Mount Royal University Scholarships