MPOWER Financing is delighted to offer the Women In STEM Program to empower high-potential global citizens to study in United States or Canada. Female international and DACA students who are accepted or currently enrolled to study full-time in a STEM degree program that MPOWER supports in United States or Canada are all invited to apply for this award. It is a public benefit corporation. MPOWER Financing is designed to honour the United Nation’s International Day of Women and Girls in Science, MPOWER is working to remove education barriers by providing access to much-needed funding.
Table of Contents
MPOWER Women In STEM Program For International Students
University or Organization: MPOWER Financing
Course Level: Undergraduate and Graduate Study
Award: Total $10,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: 3
Award can be taken in the USA or Canada
Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from across the world.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for the undergraduate degree in Stem field (Engineering and Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Natural Sciences) offered by the university.
In order to be qualified for this award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be 18 years and above
- Applicants must be a permanent Resident, International Students, Undocumented Students
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at one of MPOWER’s partner universities (340 U.S. and 21 Canadian schools) for the remainder of the student’s undergraduate study and a graduate degree program
- Applicants must be a female international student who is authorized to study in the US or Canada, as legally applicable.
- For study at a US partner college or university: F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent resident) status, or DACA recipient status.
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: must be a permanent resident or be a Canadian study permit holder
- US citizens wishing to study in the U.S. and Canadian citizens wanting to study in Canada are not eligible for this application .
How To Apply For The Women In STEM Program
There is only one method of application. Applicants are required to complete and submit the online entry form in order to win the competition. Applicants must also submit the following documents:
- An essay
- A copy of your transcript or admission letter
- A proof of your citizenship, immigration status, and gender (i.e., your passport and visa)
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent English language proficiency or study in the US or Canada.
MPOWER Financing will provide one $5,000 scholarship, one $3,000 scholarship, and one $2,000 scholarship to female international/DACA students
11:59 p.m. EST on November 15, 2019