If you are traveling multiple times in and out of the country, then obtaining a multiple entry visa in Canada is the best option for you. A multiple entry visitor visa allows multiple entries to Canada within a 6 month period if it is applied for 10 years or more. Multiple entry visa gives some flexibility to applicants to re-enter Canada on multiple occasions during the validity of their visa without having to reapply.
Table of Contents
Who needs Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa?
It is for Temporary Residents who plan to visit Canada several times within a ten-year period, and who don’t mind applying every time they need to travel. It’s also Ideal for Temporary Residents with Temporary Resident Visas that have expired and need to make more than one trip back home or abroad within the same 10 year time span.
Difference between Single Entry and Multiple Entry Visa
According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); The main difference between these two visa types is that a single entry visa allows entry to Canada for one-time only and a multiple entry visa allows entry many times.
Eligibility for Multiple Entry Visa in Canada
Canada visitors visa for the citizens of some countries allow multiple entries. However, there are certain restrictions and requirements that these holders need to abide with:
- Some multiple entry visas can be postponed for a maximum of six months before the holder needs to apply again and they cannot postpone it more than twice.
- The multi-entry visa is legal for multiple entries to Canada within the validity of visa. For example, if your multiple entry visa expires after three months, then you can use it multiple times before three months are complete.
- The multiple entry visa issued in Canada is not applicable to transit without a valid ticket for continuing travel. The border will have them return back or denied access at port.
- Applicants of multiple entry visa must prove to the Visa Officer (VO) that they are willing and capable of leaving Canada at the end of their stay.
- Like most other immigration programs in Canada, multiple entry visa applicants must show proof of finance to support their expenses (flights, accommodation, and health insurance in some cases).
- Usually, visitors are not allowed to work in Canada. For that reason, applicants must declare no intent to work or study in Canada during their stay – unless otherwise approved.
- There is also an admissibility requirements to fulfil. Example include health (by means of medical exam), and evidence of no criminal record.
Application process of Canada multiple entry visa
The multiple entry Canada visa is issued after the applicant have completed required application forms along with supporting documents. These are some steps that you need to follow for applying multiple entry visas Canada:
- Find out if you are eligible or not and check your multiple entry visa eligibility status. If it’s eligible you can go to the next step.
- Prepare visa checklist and gather supporting documents for your multiple entry visa application.
- Apply for Canada multiple entry visa online or at any immigration office of Canada in your country of origin or residence. Usually; you need to submit your multiple entry visa Canada application to the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
- While you wait for feedback from the visa office regarding your multiple entry visa, you may also check application status online via IRCC website.
- After multiple entry visa processing, you will get an email from the visa office on whether or not you have been approved. If your multiple entry visa application is approved, it takes about 10 days to get decision of approval or rejection letter by mail.
Canada 10 Year Multiple Entry Visa
A Canada 10 Year Multiple Entry Visa is available only under certain circumstances. The individual must be a citizen or national of a country that Canada has an agreement with, Canada 10 year multiple entry visas are usually issued for a period of ten years.
Canada’s 10 Year Multiple Entry Visa is not a Canada work permit and will not allow an individual to work in Canada during his or her stay. Canada work permits are only issued after the person has met certain criteria and has been accepted for Canada immigration.
In Canada, 10 years visas are usually issued to parents and grandparents of permanent residents under the Super Visa category.
It is important to be aware of the requirements for a multiple entry visa in Canada. The length and type of fees will depend on whether you live abroad or are already residing in Canada as well as your country. If you’re interested in applying for one yourself, we recommend contacting your nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate first to find out what documents they require from applicants.
If you are a parent or grandparent of Canadian citizens, permanent residents or residents that have refugee status then you might be eligible for your very own Super Visa. This type of visa is valid for 10 years and provides the right to go in and out of Canada multiple times during that period without having to get permission each time from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Super visas also allows parents or grandparents who live outside of Canada to visit their children or grandchildren quickly on short notice. To find out if this option is available to you, check out our Super Visa Page!