If you ever seek entry into Myanmar for commercial reasons, you may need to apply for a Myanmar Business Visa, depending on your country of belongingness. This type of visa is perfect for foreign investors, workers, and businesspersons.
Without a doubt, Myanmar Business Visa has thousands of candidates every year. The visa has numerous commercial-related functions to facilitate the legal entry of eligible foreigners into Myanmar. To obtain this visa, you must provide documentation to demonstrate the host company’s existence and authenticity. Myanmar visa policy allows foreign nationals to apply for a business visa online or at a Burmese embassy or consulate.
This blog post will teach you about the Myanmar Business Visa application process, including its exemptions, required documents, fee, and processing time.
In this article
- Who Needs to Apply for Myanmar Business Visa?
- Exemptions for Myanmar Business Visa
- Myanmar Business Visa Requirements
- How to Get Myanmar Business Visa through an Embassy or Consulate Overseas
- Step 1: Request an invitation from the host company in Myanmar
- Step 2: Fill out the application form for Myanmar Business Visa
- Step 3: Pay your visa application fee
- Step 4: Give in all the required documents to a Burmese consular officer
- Step 5: Allow time for the Burmese embassy or consulate’s decision
- Myanmar Business Visa Fee
- Processing Time
- Validity Period of Myanmar Business Visa
- Getting Myanmar Visa on Arrival for Business
- Eligibility Criteria for Myanmar Visa on Arrival for Business
- Myanmar Visa On Arrival Requirements for Business-related Purposes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who Needs to Apply for Myanmar Business Visa?
Myanmar Business Visa is a visa that allows foreigners to enter the Republic of the Union of Myanmar for commercial/business-related purposes. These include business negotiations and meetings.
To be eligible for the visa, you need an invitation from a registered Burmese company or the Chamber of Commerce Association.
You can apply for it online (eVisa), on arrival, or in person at a Burmese embassy or consulate.
Exemptions for Myanmar Business Visa
If you are from any of the following countries, you do not need a visa to enter the Republic of the Union of Myanmar for commercial-related reasons.
#1. 30 days visa-free entry into Myanmar for commercial purposes:-
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
#2. Maximum visa-exempt period of 14 days:-
- The Philippines
- Thailand (air travelers only)
#3. Service, official and diplomatic passport holders of any of the following countries can also enter Myanmar visa-free for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Japan (applicable to diplomatic passport holders only)
- South Korea
#4. Holders of service, diplomatic and official passports of any of these countries are visa-exempt for commercial-related visits into Myanmar provided their intended stay does not exceed 30 days.
- Sri Lanka
- The Philippines
- North Korea
Myanmar Business Visa Requirements
The following documents must be available to get a business visa for Myanmar.
- A filled-out Myanmar Business Visa application form
- A valid passport
- Copies of your passport’s data page
- Two recent photos measuring 4.8 cm x 3.8 cm
- Your flight itinerary to Myanmar
- A reference from a registered company in your home country
- An invitation letter from a registered Burmese company
- Receipt for Myanmar Business Visa fee
- A vaccination certificate (translation is necessary if not in English)
- A valid travel insurance
How to Get Myanmar Business Visa through an Embassy or Consulate Overseas
Here are the steps to getting a business visa for Myanmar by applying at the Burmese embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Request an invitation from the host company in Myanmar
- Fill out the application form for Myanmar Business Visa
- Pay your visa application fee
- Give in all the required documents to a Burmese consular officer
- Allow time for the Burmese embassy or consulate’s decision
Step 1: Request an invitation from the host company in Myanmar
Before applying for Myanmar Business Visa, you must first ask your host company to send an invitation letter to one. The invitation is one of the required documents for application processing.
Alternatively, you can get an invitation from a registered Chamber of Commerce Association.
Bear in mind that Burmese embassies and consulates do not accept invitations issued by Non-Governmental Organizations for this visa processing.
Step 2: Fill out the application form for Myanmar Business Visa
Afterward, you must download its application form online and complete all fields.
Step 3: Pay your visa application fee
The third step in getting this visa is to initiate payment for your application fee. Regardless of how you paid the fee, ensure that you keep its evidence.
Step 4: Give in all the required documents to a Burmese consular officer
Next, you must submit all the required documents to a consular officer at the nearest Burmese embassy or consulate. We say nearest because there could be no Burmese diplomatic mission in your home country but in a nearby country.
It is equally important to put forward both the host’s invitation letter and registration certificate.
Step 5: Allow time for the Burmese embassy or consulate’s decision
Since the visa processing time is usually not more than two weeks, provided that your application is complete, you have to wait until this period.
Myanmar Business Visa Fee
The cost of getting a Burmese business visa is 70 United States Dollars, which is non-refundable to applicants regardless of the situation. The fee is payable over the internet using VISA, MasterCard, or JCB cards.
Undoubtedly, using any of these cards is secure without fear of losing your banking information to fraudsters.
Supposing that you prefer an in-person payment method, you can choose to pay in cash, cheque, or bank order, depending on the diplomatic mission in your home country.
It usually takes 14 days to process a business visa application at a Burmese embassy or consulate.
Remember that the exact turnaround time varies depending on your home country and preferred application method.
Validity Period of Myanmar Business Visa
A business visa for the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is valid for up to 70 days. After that, without a doubt, its holders must depart from the country latest on their visa expiry date.
While your visa is still valid, you can relax and catch some fun in any of the exciting attractions in Myanmar.
READ ALSO: Study in Canada from Myanmar.
Getting Myanmar Visa on Arrival for Business
Another way to obtain a Myanmar visa for commercial-related purposes is to apply on arrival at Nay Pyi Taw International Airport, Mandalay International Airport, or Yangon International Airport. Besides, this application method is open only to a few foreign nationals.
The visa costs $50 and has an exact duration of 70 days.
Eligibility Criteria for Myanmar Visa on Arrival for Business
Ordinary passport holders of the following countries can obtain a visa on arrival to Myanmar for commercial-related purposes.
- South Korea
- The United States of America
- The United Kingdom
- The Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- The Philippines
- South Africa
- North Korea
- New Zealand
You must possess the following documents to get a visa on arrival to Myanmar for commercial purposes.
- Your original passport, which should still be valid for the next six months
- Two (2) recent photos sized at 4 cm x 6 cm
- Authentic evidence of accommodation in Myanmar
- A letter of invitation from a Myanmar-based company
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is a business visa to Myanmar?
A Burmese business visa costs $70, no matter the applicant’s country of origin. As such, you can make payments for the fee via cheque, bank order, or cash at the nearest Burmese embassy or consulate.
Supposing you are applying for Myanmar eVisa, you can initiate the online payment using a valid MasterCard, Visa, or JCB card.
How long does it take to get Myanmar Business Visa?
The process of obtaining a Burmese business visa often takes up to two weeks, irrespective of the application method.
Is it easy to get Myanmar Business Visa?
Yes, getting a visa to conduct any form of legitimate commercial activity in Myanmar is straightforward. You can complete the visa application process over the internet, on arrival, or at the Burmese embassy or consulate in your home country.
What documents are required for Myanmar Business Visa?
Applicants for a business visa to Myanmar must have the following documents before commencing their application.
- A completed application form
- A valid passport with copies of its bio-data page
- Two 4.8 cm x 3.8 cm photographs of you
- A flight itinerary to Myanmar
- A letter of recommendation issued by a registered company in your country of origin
- An invitation from a registered Myanmar-based company
- Evidence of visa fee payment
- Your travel insurance
- A vaccination certificate
Can I apply for Myanmar Business Visa online?
Of course, you can apply online for a business visa to enter the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
In summary, getting a business visa allows hassle-free entry into the country, which can bring about international business opportunities. Moreover, holders of this visa can do more than commercial-related activities in Myanmar and have fun anywhere in the country.
Simply by completing our inquiry form, our team at Work Study Visa can guide you further in securing a type of visa for any country in the world.
Thanks for reading!