New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program is an immigration route administered by the province of New Brunswick Canada that allows applicants apply to become permanent residents of Canada.
Eligibility is necessary for immigrants trying to enter Canada using the New Brunswick immigration stream. This is a program aimed at selecting immigrants are eligible fill the labour gaps in New Brunswick.
In addition to that, If your skills match the jobs available in the province, you stand a good chance of been nominated for the program. Then, this program offers you a chance to become a permanent resident in the province of New Brunswick.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Brunswick Provincial Nominee
- 2 New Brunswick PNP programs
- 2.1 New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream
- 2.2 New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream (closed)
- 2.3 Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- 2.4 Skilled Workers with Employer Support Stream
- 2.5 Skilled Workers with Family Support Stream – Terminated
- 2.6 Succession Connect Pilot Page
- 2.7 Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- 3 New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Eligibility
About Brunswick Provincial Nominee
The New Brunswick Nominee program helps applicants immigrate to any city in the province, and effectively relocate to any other province of choice later on, if they want to. It also favours your your common-law partner, spouse, children, family members, and other dependents who are eligible to travel to Canada with you.
Applicants who have a job in Canada or previous work experience can use the NB PNP program as a route for permanent residence. Thus, if you have worked in Canada or in the province of New Brunswick as a temporary resident and are now planning Canadian immigration, you choose any program under the New Brunswick Nominee program for international students.
Also, students who studied in Canada and have decided to live in Canada can use this program. Those moving to Canada for the first time can as well opt for the the program.
However, if you choose to apply for permanent residence in Canada using the New Brunswick Nominee program, then you must plan to live in the province.
This program supported by both provincial and the central government need many requirements. First of all, you must have Canadian work experience which means that you must have worked in Canada. In addition to work experience, you mist take language test and meet the IELTS test score. Above all, you must have the following qualifications including: diploma, work experience as a temporary foreign worker, Canadian work permit, sponsorship, language proficiency.
New Brunswick PNP programs
There are five programs under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Programs for international students. They include:
- Employer Support Stream
- Business Applicants/Entrepreneurial Stream
- Express Entry Labor Market Stream
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- Succession Connect Pilot Program Stream
New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream
The New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream (EELMS) is a New Brunswick Nominee Program with the aim of providing permanent residence for highly skilled individuals. So, if you want to live in New Brunswick, you can express an interest in the stream.
Nonetheless, this program is in line with federal Express Entry immigration system, thus, successful applicants can receive their permanent residence easily.
New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream (closed)
The program has been temporarily paused since October 18th, 2018. Hence, Expression of Interest is no longer accepted under this program.
Hover, it is believed that the program will reopen in the future. This is a program under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program targeted at experienced business owners or senior business managers. Hence, if you are a senior manager willing to invest in a New Brunswick business, then the New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream would be good for you when it is reopened. However, in order to be eligible, you must have a significant net worth. In addition to that, you must be willing to start a new business or purchase an existing business in New Brunswick.
Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
The New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream is another program under the the New Brunswick Nominee program. Generally, this program targets recent graduates of New Brunswick universities and colleges who have started new businesses in New Brunswick. This also applies to fresh graduates who bought a New Brunswick business and have operated it for at least one year.
In this situation, any applicant who meets these requirements and has the intention of living in New Brunswick can qualify for New Brunswick Nominee Program through this stream.
Finally, this program allows students who have graduated from any higher institution in the province of New Brunswick to apply for Canada permanent residence using the PNP program.
Skilled Workers with Employer Support Stream
If you have a valid job offer in Canada, you can immigrate to New Brunswick using the Skilled Worker with Employer Support Stream. What this means is that you can apply for Canada permanent residence through the New Brunswick Nominee program using this program. However, you must get a valid job offer from a New Brunswick employer to be eligible for this program.
Skilled Workers with Family Support Stream – Terminated
Even though this program has been terminated, it is necessary to know about it. To begin with, this program was targeted at high skilled foreign workers who are currently working in New Brunswick and who have a close relative in the province. Unfortunately, the Skilled Worker with Family Support Stream has been terminated. Hence, you can no longer apply for Canada permanent residence using this program.
Succession Connect Pilot Page
Generally speaking, the Succession Connect Pilot Page program is a new program aimed at new immigrants. It is a New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program designed to facilitate new immigrants who have connection with permanent residents who own businesses. Thus, they can get permanent residence with such connection.
Furthermore, this program gives new immigrants opportunities to examine business investments and opportunities. Moreover, it allows local businesses to hire talented and skilled professionals who can fill vacant positions in New Brunswick.
In summary, this program offers opportunities to to both immigrants and local business owners. Nevertheless, the program will be merged with the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) in the future.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
New Brunswick also participates in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP). Ordinarily, the AIPP is a economic growth initiative in which New Brunswick partners with the federal government as well as Canada’s Atlantic provinces.
Usually, the AIPP helps new comers with valid job offer from a designated employer. It helps new immigrants to obtain permanent residence easier.
New Brunswick is not the only province in Canada that have provincial Nominee program. Other provinces like British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Alberta, Yukon, Prince Edward Island, and Ontario have their own provincial nominee programs.
Thus, if New Brunswick Provincial Nominee is not right for you. You can check other provinces and know if you qualify.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Eligibility
Firstly, there are general New Brunswick Nominee Program eligibility requirements you must meet before you can qualify for any of these programs. Apart from the general requirements, some programs also have their specific requirements.
General New Brunswick PNP Requirements
If you are planning to use any of the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, you must meet the following requirements. They include:
- Canadian work experience
- English language proficiency
New Brunswick PNP eligibility for specific programs
Apart from the general New Brunswick Nominee Program eligibility requirements mentioned above, certain programs under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program have specific requirements.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Eligibility for Express Entry stream
To qualify for New Brunswick Express Entry stream under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program 2021, you must meet the following conditions.
- First of all, you are required to have an active Express Entry online profile with an Express Entry number that is valid. In addition to that you must also have a Job Seeker Validation code with an expression of interest indicating the following:
- That you either live in New Brunswick or is working there.
- You must have a letter of employment from your employer.
- You must be working in a job that matches skill type 0, A or B.
- You must have a valid work visa.
- You must have a language test score of 7 on your language test according to the Canadian Language Benchmark.
- You must have the education qualification of at least a high school diploma in accordance with Canadian education credentials.
Skilled worker with Employer Support Requirements
If you are applying for New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program using the Skilled Worker with Employer Support, you must meet the requirements below:
- You must be between 22 to 55 years of age
- Meet the minimum English and French language requirement.
- You must have the required educational qualifications as well as the degree, diploma or license required for your job.
- You must have the desire to reside in New Brunswick and work in Canada.
- Have a valid job offer.
- You must be working in New Brunswick full-time.
- You must have the skills under skill type 0, A or B. If you have skill type COr D, it must fall under the category 1, 3, 7, 8, 9.
- You must have a job offer in an area that has a skill shortage in the labour market of New Brunswick.
- Your wage must meet the standards preset by the Government.
- Your employer must meet the eligibility standards set by the province of New Brunswick.
- You will be required to submit the application form in the correct format as well as all the supporting documents required.
- You must gain a score of a minimum of 50 points in the point system selection factors criteria.
The Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream Requirements
Those who meet New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program eligibility under this program can qualify for Canada permanent residence. This program is aimed at international students and foreign graduates. To qualify for this program, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must be within 22 and 40 years of age.
- You must score at least 7 points on your language test according to the Canadian Language Benchmark in English or French.
- You must be a graduate or a foreign student of an authorized educational Institute in New Brunswick. You must have studied in the institute for at least two years and gained a diploma or degree at the end of your study program.
- You must have been a temporary resident in New Brunswick during your study program. Distance learning is not counted.
- You must have your own business or you must have bought an existing business in New Brunswick after your education.
- During your study program, you must have had a valid Post-graduation work permit.
- You must have the desire to live in New Brunswick and work in the province.
- You are required to show proof of funding that you can financially support yourself in New Brunswick.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program eligibility for Labor Market Stream Requirements
The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program eligibility requirements under this program include both personal and business requirements.
Personal Eligibility Requirements
You must pay a visit to New Brunswick within 24 months before submitting an Expression of interest.
- Fall under the age of 22 and 50 years.
- Have a personal net worth of not less than CAD$600,000.
- You must be able to invest at least CAD$250,000 in the province.
- Have a minimum score of 5 on your language test. Must have been in Canada for your post-secondary education as a full-time international student for at least two years.
- Have experience as an owner or manager of a business for at least three years.
- Have a desire to live in New Brunswick permanently.
Eligibility Requirements for Business
Business requirements for this program under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program include the following:
- You must own at least ⅓ of your firm.
- Your business must continue the work of an existing business in New Brunswick
- Your business must be beneficial to the economy of the province.
- Your business must be a sole proprietorship.
- You must establish your business in the private sector. It must be a profit-earning business, earning its income through the sale of products, goods or services.
- You must establish a permanent business in New Brunswick.
- You must create permanent full-time jobs for at least 2 Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents.
- You must have the required license for your business.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program Eligibility for Skilled Worker with Family Support Requirements
The requirements for Skilled Worker with Family Support include:
- You must a close to to the family member.
- Fall between the age of 22 and 50 years.
- You must prove your language proficiency by taking an authorized English language test.
- You must have the required educational qualifications needed for the job in New Brunswick.
- You must have the desire to live and work in Canada in New Brunswick.
- You must have worked for two consecutive years in the previous 5 years in a job qualifying as work experience.
- Your skills must match the skill type 0, A, or B. If you have skill type C Or D, it must fall under the category 1, 3, 7, 8, 9.
- You will be required to submit the application form in the correct format as well as all the supporting documents required.
- You will be required to show proof of funding that you can financially support yourself in New Brunswick.
Frequently Asked Questions About New Brunswick Provincial Nominee program
What is the processing time for New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program?
The processing time for any program under the New Brunswick is between 6 and 12 months.
Which is the fastest program under the New Brunswick PNP programs?
The fastest program under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program is the New Brunswick Express Entry stream which is also managed by the federal government.