Did you know that you can get the North Macedonia Volunteering Visa by meeting the requirements and application processes? In this guide, we will be showing exactly how to get the North Macedonia Visa and be able to meet the requirement.
The North Macedonia Volunteering Visa is available to everyone who wants to visit the flourishing country. However, North Macedonia does not have one of the most stable economies in the world and carters for immigrants as well, so long you keep to the rules and regulations binding the visa you have received.
North Macedonia is a fantastic place to visit because of its breathtaking natural scenery and vibrant cultural environment, which are sure to astound every traveler. The country, which has over two million people, is located in southeast Europe’s southern Balkans.
In this article
The entry requirement for North Macedonia comes in five parts.
- Passport validity
- Border crossings
- Registering with the police
- UK Emergency Travel Documents
British citizens do not require a visa to visit North Macedonia for up to three months.
Holders of UK Refugee Travel Documents must get visas from the North Macedonian Embassy in London to enter the country or transit through it on their way to Kosovo.
Contact the North Macedonian Embassy in London if you want to remain for more than three months.
In writing, unaccompanied minors (children under 18) must have a parental or legal guardian agreement. Failure to comply might lead to deportation and entrance denial.
The minimum validity period for passports and other entry-level papers is 90 days from arrival.
North Macedonia’s land border crossings are accessible to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. However, neighbors may impose differing entrance and departure restrictions on their side of the border. Therefore, a check should be made before leaving.
Certain border crossings between neighboring nations may still be barred or have access restrictions. Therefore, you must make sure you can travel to such nations.
If you want to know the list of countries that can access North Macedonia visa-free, you may want to by visiting the North Macedonia Visa Information.
Registering with the police
Unless you are staying in a hotel, you will be registered immediately when checking in; you must register with the local police in the town or city where you are staying within 24 hours of your arrival in North Macedonia. Until you leave North Macedonia, you should keep the registration paper as proof of your registration.
If you don’t register, you risk being arrested, paying a fine of between 600 and 1,000 euros, and appearing in court (which may include a restriction on your ability to return to North Macedonia).
UK Emergency Travel Documents
North Macedonia accepts UK Emergency Travel Documents for entrance, airside transit, and departure. They must, however, be valid for at least three months.
North Macedonia Volunteering Visa Requirements
This is one of the most critical sections in this guide. You must ensure you can gather these requirements to access the visa. Here are the visa requirements for getting into North Macedonia;
- Valid passport. The passport photograph must be in good condition and have at least two blank pages.
- Application form. Fully complete the application form and sign it at the end.
- Fee payment. Attach the recipe of the finished price for your visa application. The payment can be made at the embassy or consulate of North Macedonia.
- Health insurance. Valid health insurance covers expenses if you have medical problems while staying in North Macedonia.
- A current passport. The passport photograph must have two blank pages and be in acceptable shape.
- Form of application. Please fill out the application completely, then sign it at the bottom.
- Payment of fees. Include the final payment formula with your visa application. You may pay at the North Macedonian embassy or consulate.
- Medical coverage. Valid health insurance that will pay the bills if you become sick while visiting North Macedonia
- Proof of accommodations. A document demonstrates that you are housed in North Macedonia. This document may be a lease, an invitation letter, a hotel reservation, etc.
- Financial statement Your bank is the one that issues the bank statement paper. Your ability to support oneself while remaining in North Macedonia must be shown.
- Two photographs the size of a passport. Verify that your photos were shot recently—within the previous six months.
- An invitation letter. Your host in North Macedonia (a friend or family member) is the author of this letter. If appropriate, this document is needed just once.
- The flight schedule. The airline you want to fly with will have issued a flight itinerary document. It contains the time and date of your flight and all other relevant information.
A visa denial may result from any missing documentation. Depending on the circumstances, the embassy could ask for more paperwork.
Most people who visit North Macedonia come from the UK or visa-free countries.
Volunteering in Macedonia
Becoming a volunteer is not farfetched. Several volunteering programs you can be a part of will qualify you to get the North Macedonia Volunteering Visa.
Most efficiently run facilities have a location in Skopje, the nation’s capital. However, applying through a website for volunteering is simpler.
The list of volunteer opportunities in Macedonia is regularly updated and includes a variety of fields and places around the nation. For example, in the healthcare sector, you can get involved in journalism, fund-raising, advocacy for human rights and the environment, and various volunteer programs.
The available volunteer jobs are constantly posted, and you’ll frequently come across groups with a solid reputation and extensive expertise in this field.
Other than that, most hostels provide free lodging and meals for assistance with maintenance and upkeep. In addition to a few in Skopje, there are several hostels in Ohrid where you might locate such employment.
A volunteer coordinator will contact you once you complete each organization’s application form and offer you more details on participating in their ongoing initiatives. After the legal documentation is finished, you will be given a project based on your talents.
You will work with various organizations, including the Center for Institutional Development (CIRa), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Institute for Sustainable Communities.
Volunteering is an excellent way to get to know people, experience genuine cultural immersion, and learn about Macedonian culture. Of course, depending on your assignment, you could learn a little bit of Albanian. However, every volunteer will develop their talents, add to their professional histories, and participate in various travel experiences.
Applying for a North Macedonia Visa
Your visa application must be lodged at the North Macedonian embassy or consulate that is most conveniently located in your country of residence. The steps you must take are as follows:
- Schedule a meeting with the embassy. Make an appointment by contacting the Republic of North Macedonia’s closest embassy, consulate, or diplomatic-consular presence in your home country. In some circumstances, you might additionally need to use a visa application service.
- Collect and provide all the necessary paperwork to the North Macedonian embassy or consulate. Make sure you compile all the required paperwork stated under “North Macedonia Visa Requirements,” appear at your appointment, and hand delivers the paperwork to the embassy in person.
- Observe the answer. You will hear back from the North Macedonian embassy or consulate handling your application once you submit it.
If you get a yes and want to stay in North Macedonia for more than a year, you can apply for a temporary residency permit.
Note: You may choose someone to apply on your behalf if you cannot do so yourself. Your legal guardian must submit your application if you are a minor.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I enter North Macedonia with a Schengen visa?
Holders of Schengen visas are not needed to get a second Macedonian visa to enter North Macedonia (FYR Macedonia) for up to 15 days.
Is North Macedonia in Schengen?
The Schengen Agreement excludes North Macedonia. But Schengen nationals who have no issues with their Schengen Medical Visa can go to North Macedonia for up to 15 days without a visa. Moreover, North Macedonia does not require a visa for citizens of Schengen nations with valid resident permits.
What is the Visa Processing Time for North Macedonia?
A North Macedonian visa takes seven business days to process. The North Macedonian embassy will begin processing your visa application after receiving the required paperwork.
To obtain your visa decision on time, submit your application by the deadline.
How long is a North Macedonia visa valid?
The visa you seek will determine how long it will be valid for you in North Macedonia. The duration of a short-term visa for North Macedonia is 90 days. The length of a long-stay visa is one year.
How strong is a Macedonian passport?
According to the Henley Passport Index, North Macedonian nationals enjoyed visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 125 countries and territories as of January 2022, placing their passports 42nd overall in terms of travel freedom.
Can North Macedonians work in the EU?
ETIAS-approved travelers from North Macedonia will be permitted admission to all Schengen members for up to 90 days every 180 days.
What should I do if my Visa Application Is Rejected?
If your visa application for North Macedonia is denied, you can:
- Reapply. The same visa may be applied for one more in North Macedonia.
- Contest the decision. After receiving your notice of rejection, you have eight days to draft an appeal letter. You must use the Macedonian Cyrillic alphabet to write the letter. Your refusal letter from the embassy must include instructions on how to appeal a visa denial.
Substantially, we believe this guide will form the basis for you to know the right documents to provide and every other requirement to get the North Macedonia Volunteering Visa. Hope you find this article helpful? Thanks for reading!