There are several occupations in demand in Quebec. Hence, coming to the province primarily for employment is not a bad choice.
Generally speaking, the Canadian province of Quebec is large enough to occupy all kinds of foreign workers.
Furthermore, there are not only numerous job opportunities in Quebec but also free and swift means of searching for employment and sending your application.
For this purpose, you can get information on wide-ranging job vacancies within the province through Canada’s job sites and employment agencies in Quebec.
Moreover, the jobs sites in Canada have a job alert option, which enables you to receive updates on job listings in Quebec.
You can also upload your resume in order to allow employers of the occupations in demand in Quebec to find you.
Finally, you can leverage Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) to process your immigration to Canada, as well as to become a permanent resident in Quebec.
Table of Contents
Requirements to Work in Quebec
Indeed, the occupations in demand in Quebec also have certain criteria that must be fulfilled before you can be considered for employment.
Therefore, you need to have;
- a valid work permit
- graduated from a recognized college or university with certificates and transcripts
- proof of language proficiency
- relevant work experience
Top 5 in Demand Occupations in Demand in Quebec
Certainly, many occupations are in demand in Quebec.
All things considered, here are the top 5 in demand occupation list in Quebec.
- Information Technology (IT) jobs
- Engineering jobs
- Heavy duty mechanics
If you possess great auditing and accounting skills, education and qualifications, you can take chances to apply for this occupation in demand in Quebec.
Generally speaking, most companies with accountants also have auditors who inspects financial records and practices of the establishment.
During your search for auditing jobs in Quebec Canada, you will discover its varieties, including internal auditors, senior internal audit officers, sales incentive auditors, quality assurance auditors, among others.
Furthermore, companies do not only demand the services of accountants but also needs auditors to assess the financial records prepared by the accountants.
Obviously, auditors earn between CAD $50,000 to CAD $140,000 every year in the Canadian province in Quebec.
Employers of auditors in Quebec, Canada
Below are employers that recruit auditors to their organizations in Quebec.
- IMP Group, Dorval, QC
- Cascades, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC
- Desjardins, Lévis, QC
- MSX INTERNATIONAL, Montreal, QC
- United Nations, Montreal, QC
- UAP Inc., Quebec City, QC
- Veristat, Montreal, QC
- Société Générale, Montreal, QC
- Valero Energy Corporation, Montreal, QC
- PSP Investments, Montreal, QC, among others
Being among the occupation in demand in Quebec, nurses earn a substantial salary for treating the sick and elderly in the province.
Besides, registered nurses and licensed nurses earn slightly different salaries for nursing jobs in Quebec.
Thus, licensed nurses earn an hourly salary ranging from CAD $20 to CAD $60 while registered nurses in Quebec earn between CAD $25 to CAD $265 per hour.
Of course, you can get such high hourly salary for registered nursing jobs in Quebec when you work as a NHS registered & mental health nurse with Pan Mersey International Recruitment Collaborative.
In particular, this job offers you an opportunity to earn up to $46,000 monthly, as well as to relocate to the United Kingdom with paid expense.
Employers/providers of nursing jobs in Quebec
The following are employers of registered and licensed nurses in Quebec, Canada.
- Fondation Le Piller, Laval, QC
- Mount Sinai Medical Center – Florida, Montreal, QC
- Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services, Puvirnituq, QC
- Health Sciences North, Satellite, QC
- CHU de Quebec, Capitale-Nationale, QC
- William Osler Health Centre, Church, QC, etc
Information Technology (IT) jobs
As the world is digital, many organizations need your service for its effective day-to-day operations. Thus, it is possible to apply for IT jobs in Quebec in almost all organizations in the province.
Moreover, information technology jobs are one of the occupations in demand in Quebec for skilled international workers.
Certainly, there are large numbers of IT jobs in Quebec Canada. Choosing IT as your career in Quebec offers you an extensive range of employment opportunities.
Without doubt, IT jobs have several technology skills requirements, which you must possess. Among which are Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, Cybersecurity, data science, programming language, among other skills.
If you have the necessary skills and requirements for an information technology job, you can apply in order to earn a salary ranging from CAD $50,000 to CAD $130,000 yearly.
Additionally, IT jobs available in Quebec includes IT system managers, system administrators, Microsoft solutions architect, IT support technicians, IT integrators, network administrators, IT infrastructure managers, IT operations managers, etc.
Employers/providers of IT jobs in Quebec
The following are some employers of information technology specialists in the Canadian province of Quebec.
- Charles River Laboratories, Fleurimont, QC
- miHoYo Co., Ltd., Montreal, QC
- LES TECHNOLOGIES OPENMIND, Inc., Blainville, QC
- National Bank of Canada, Montreal, QC
- ADGA Group Consultants Inc., Gatineau, QC
- La Corporation des Aliments I-D, Laval, QC
- Soucy Group, Drummondville, QC, and so on
Of course, you will always find at least one engineer working in each Canadian industry.
This means that engineering jobs are available in multifold and are definitely an occupation in demand in Quebec.
Besides, engineering jobs in Quebec are lucrative with high salaries that ranges from CAD $50,000 to CAD $130,000 annually.
In addition, Quebec employers will not feel reluctant to hire you for an engineering job when you have your education credentials and qualifications with you.
However, some of the engineering jobs you can get in Quebec include biomedical engineering technicians, aircraft maintenance engineers, suspension calibration technicians, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, civil engineers, telecom engineers, design engineers, industrial engineers, mining engineers, as well as quality engineers.
Furthermore, a job site like Indeed.ca currently lists more than 1,932 engineering jobs in the province of Quebec, Canada.
Employers of engineers in the province of Quebec
Here are some employers of engineers in Quebec, Canada.
- Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services, Kuujjuaq, QC
- Groupe Madysta, Trois-Rivières, QC
- Xerxes by Shawcor, Drummondville, QC
- Plug Power Inc, Montreal, QC
- Newmont Mining, Rouyn-Noranda, QC
- Air Canada, Dorval, QC
- MTLS Aerostructure, Saint-Laurent, QC, among others
Heavy duty mechanics
Without doubt, heavy duty mechanics is among the occupation in demand in Quebec with hourly earnings ranging from CAD $20 to CAD $40.
After all, working as a heavy duty mechanic in Quebec requires you to diagnose, repair and service trucks and trailers.
Employers/providers of Heavy duty mechanics jobs in Quebec Canada
As one of the occupation in demand in Quebec, you can apply for jobs to any of the following companies.
- Glencore, Nunavik, QC
- Canadian Pacific, Montreal, QC
- Penske Truck Leasing and Logistics, Quebec city, QC
- Équipment Gatineau Inc., Gatineau, QC
- FedEx Express, Canada, Mirabel, QC
- First Student Canada-Transco, Montreal, QC
- Hunter Engineering, Montreal, QC, and more
Employment Agencies for In-demand Occupation in Quebec
Address: 470 Couronne St, Quebec City,
Quebec G1K 6G2, Canada
Phone number: +1 418-529-9371
Address: 305 Boulevard Charest E Bureau 100,
Quebec City, Quebec G1K 3H3, Canada
Phone number: +1 418-523-9922
Kelly Services Canada
Address: 5400 Bd des Galeries bureau 300, Quebec City,
Quebec G2K 2B4, Canada
Phone number: +1 418-621-0061
Alliance Recrutement de Personnel
Address: 3291 Ch Ste-Foy #204, Quebec City,
Quebec G1X 3V2, Canada
Phone number: +1 418-652-0440
Placement De Personnel Maxsys
Address: 1305 Bd Lebourgneuf bureau 101,
Québec, QC G2K 2E4, Canada
Phone number: +1 418-622-4443
Address: 979 Av. de Bourgogne local 430,
Quebec City, Quebec G1W 2L4, Canada
Phone number: +1 418-694-5293
Robert Half® Agence de placement
Address: 2954 Bd Laurier bureau 540, Quebec City,
Quebec G1V 4T2, Canada
Phone number: +1 418-579-4070
Where can I get teaching jobs in Quebec Canada?
- McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board, Rosemère, QC
- New Frontiers School Board, Châteauguay, QC
- Vanier College, Vanier, QC
- Champlain Regional College, Sherbrooke, QC
Which companies offer truck driver jobs in Quebec?
- Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Company Limited, Gatineau, QC
- Les enterprises de transport CJFR Inc, Warwick, QC
- Transport Riviere-du-Loup Inc., Saint-antonin, QC
- Velan Inc., Montreal, QC
- Transport M. Charette, Sainte-Mélanie, QC
Which companies offer oil and gas jobs in Quebec?
- BBA, Montreal, QC
- Valero Energy Corporation, Lévis, QC
Where can I apply to for dentist jobs in Quebec?
- Altima Dental Canada, Montreal, QC
- Clinique Dentaria, Montreal, QC
- Soins Dentaires Bambace, Montreal, QC
- Centre dentaire Mercier Inc., Lasalle, QC
- Clinique Dentaire Benoit Legault, Beloeil, QC
Where can I get agricultural farm jobs in Quebec?
- TDB Sugary Inc, La, Guadeloupe, QC
- Forfaits Marco Inc, Sainte-Croix, QC
- Les Serres Sagami Inc, Sainte-Sophie, QC
- Valmétal St-François Inc., Saint-François-Xavier-de-Brompton, QC
- Ferme Ghislain Brodeur, Saint-Alphonse-de-Granby, QC
How much is social worker salary in Quebec?
Social workers earn between CAD $20 to CAD $65 per hour in Quebec
Where can I find instrumentation jobs in Quebec, Canada?
- GSK, Quebec City, QC
- Tetra Tech, Montreal, QC
- Lion Électrique, Mirabel, QC
- Kruger Products, Sherbrooke, QC
- JMJ Aéronautique, Longueuil, QC
What jobs are in demand in Montreal Quebec?
- Heavy duty mechanics
- Registered nurse
What is the minimum age to work in Quebec?
Working in Quebec does not have any minimum age requirements. However, you need a written consent from your parent if you are below age 14 and want to work in Quebec province.