Ontario, the most populated province in Canada invites 486 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence on Feb. 13.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) sent out invitation, also known as Notifications of Interest (NOIs) eligible for immigration candidates.
Those who are eligible for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream are required to possess a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score between 467 and 471. A total of Ten (10) different National Occupation Classifications (NOCs) were targeted in the new draw.
After getting their NOI candidates have Forty-five (45) days to Lodge the application. Those who do not meet this deadline will not be disqualified for a provincial nomination.
Candidates do not need to have a job offer to be invited, but, they are required to have a work experience in the following occupations:
- Financial manager, NOC 0111
- Other administrative service managers, NOC 0114
- Advertising, marketing and public relation managers, NOC 0124
- Corporate sales manager, NOC 0601
- Retail and wholesale trade manager, NOC 0621
- Managers in customer and personal service, n.e.c., NOC 0651
- Financial auditor and accountants, NOC 1111
- Other financial officer, NOC 1114
- Professional occupation in business managements consulting, NOC 1122
- Registered nurse and registered psychiatric nurse, NOC 3012
“Through this dedicated approach, we are helping to make less difficult for businesses to recruit top talent from around the globe, ” the OINP webpage says.
The OINP engaged with stakeholder across the province via a survey and face-to-face consultation. This helped them choose priority occupation for the draw.
If candidates who were invited in this draw gets a provincial nomination from Ontario, they will be awarded an extra 600 points toward their overall CRS score, which would effectively assures them invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence in upcoming Express Entry draw.
In order to be eligible for a provincial nomination via the HCP stream, the first step is to lodge a profile in the Express Entry pool.