Ontario immigration department opened applications for the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream on July 21, before closing the stream just a few hours later. Ontario immigration says that registration for the program is now closed until further notice.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program stream focuses on candidates with a job offer under National Occupational Classification 0, A or B, with two twos of work experience in the past five.
An Ontario immigration press statement warned that when the intake limit had been reached, the online filing system would automatically stop taking applications.
Due to the current situation concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, Ontario is requiring each application to be lodged with the most latest version of the Employer Form completed and dated on the 21st of July. This is to ensure all the information contained on the form is current.
“Carefully have your employer assess the information listed in the Employer Form to respond correctly in order to avoid unnecessary hicups and delays in the processing of your application,” an Ontario press statement said.
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
To be eligible under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under National Occupational Classification ( 0, A or B that meets the median wage levels requirements for Ontario, and in a position that is related to the business;
- For those already working in a job position, the proposed wage have to be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- Two (2) cumulative years of relevant work experiences in the last five years before the date of application;
- Relevant mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, if the position so requires;
- Live abroad, or be studying, working or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to live in Ontario.
Under the Employer Job Offer streams, the business must also meet the following criteria:
- Active business for the last three years.
- Business premises in Ontario province
- In compliance with all the employment, health and safety legislations.
- If located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA): minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue and five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents.
- If located outside the Greater Toronto Area: minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue and three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents.
- For the Foreign Worker Stream only: show recruitment efforts if the applicant is living abroad or is working in Canada but outside Ontario.
- But if the applicant is currently living and working in Ontario, this requirement is waived.
What To Do In Case Of Technical Difficulties
In case of technical glitches, difficulties, or applications affected by system maintenance, the OINP says to reach them directly at their email address: [email protected], and include a screenshot, indicating the time and date stamp along with explanation of how the error occurred.
Furthermore, the e-Filing system will be under maintenance starting from, July 20 at 5 p.m. EST until July 21. No end time is given.
Ontario immigration will not be accepting registrations or applications during this period. Anyone whose application is affected by the system maintenance may reach out to the OINP at their email address.