The Pakistani government offers two ways foreigners can reunite with their families in the country. The first is through a Pakistan family visit visa and the second way is to hold a Pakistan origin card.
However, the most common route to access your family member or spouse in Pakistan is to apply for a Pakistan family visit visa. Pakistan origin card is strictly for foreigners with relatives of Pakistan origin.
For you to have a seamless application process for your family visa to Pakistan, this article will guide you on the steps to apply for a Pakistan family visit visa and other vital information.
In this article
- Facts About Pakistan
- What is a Pakistan family visit visa?
- Eligibility criteria for a Pakistan family visit visa
- Documents required for a Pakistan family visit visa application
- Steps on how to apply for a Pakistan family visit visa
- Guide on how to upload your documents
- Pakistan family visit visa, processing time, application fee, and validity
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts About Pakistan
Pakistan is a country in South Asia that is formally known as the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It is the world’s sixth-most populous country, with a population exceeding 212 million. In its area, it is the 33rd-largest country, spanning 881,913 square kilometers. Pakistan has a rich cultural heritage and is home to many historical sites, including the ruins of the Indus Valley Civilization, Mohenjo-Daro.
The economy of Pakistan is the 24th largest in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP) and the 43rd largest in terms of nominal GDP. It has a semi-industrialized economy, primarily based on agriculture, textile manufacturing, and services.
Urdu is Pakistan’s official language, but English and Punjabi are also widely spoken.
What is a Pakistan family visit visa?
It is a legal document that allows a family member or spouse to visit their relatives in Pakistan. The visit could be for a vacation or reunion purpose.
This type of Pakistan visa is valid for up to five years with up to a year’s stay per entry to the country.
Eligibility criteria for a Pakistan family visit visa
It might interest you that not all foreigners are eligible to apply for a family visa to visit Pakistan. Therefore, it is necessary you check if you are eligible or not before you proceed to apply. You qualify if :
- You have a spouse or a family member who is a resident of Pakistan.
- You are a spouse or relative to a citizen of Pakistan.
Documents required for a Pakistan family visit visa application
You need to provide the following documents for your application to be considered by the visa processing agencies in Pakistan or the embassy.
- A recent photograph is not more than six months old, and the dimensions must be 45mm wide and 35mm high. It should take on a white background and must be colored. Your face should take at least 70% of the entire photograph size, and avoid inks or other marks traces on the photograph. It must be sharp, bright, focused, and have enough clarity. Do not wear glasses to take passport photographs.
- An original traveling passport that is valid for up to a year
- You also attach your POC or documents like a Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate, or CNIC/NICOP as proof of family ties.
- You must attach legal proof of residence if you are applying for a family visa from a third country.
- If your application is for an extension, you should attach the Pakistan visa you wish to seek an extension. You also upload the page on your passport to show the entry stamp by the Pakistani immigration.
Steps on how to apply for a Pakistan family visit visa
Here are three basic steps you should follow to apply for a family visa in Pakistan to avoid delay or rejection.
Firstly, choose the family visit visa as the type of Pakistan visa you wish to apply for and study the criteria.
Secondly, you should have the required documents mentioned above in the right format and the required size for upload online. You should also hold a valid debit or credit card to pay your visa application fee.
The next step is the online application procedures which are listed below:
- Visit the Pakistani official visa application site and click the Apply Now button to launch the Pakistan Online Visa System.
- Continue by creating a New Account.
- Access the Pakistan Online Visa System by logging in.
- Finish your application.
- Pay the fee with a credit or debit card.
- Please submit your application.
You will be notified via email if there is a need for an interview section or additional documents.
Guide on how to upload your documents
- Your documents must be in JPEG, JPG, or PNG format before uploading them.
- The maximum size of the document is 500kb, and the passport photo should not be less than 300kb.
- You should have all the documents on your computer or flash drive ready for upload.
- Once you log in to the Pakistan Online Visa System, click on the documents and photograph button to upload the required documents accordingly.
- You can remove a document wrongly uploaded by clicking on X or the remove button.
Note that if your country is not listed among the 191countries eligible to apply for a Pakistan family visit visa online. The next option is to visit the Pakistan embassy in your country to apply for your family visa.
You can follow the steps below to apply for a family visa at the embassy.
- Visit the embassy to pick up an application form or download it and book an appointment for submission and an interview.
- Complete the application form, attach all the required documents and arrange them in a self-addressed envelope.
- Pay the family visa application fee at the embassy and attach the receipt to other documents in the envelope.
- You should proceed to submit your application as scheduled. After the submission, the consular officer will interview you if there is a need. After that, your biometrics will be taken.
- Then you depart the embassy and wait for the decision on your application to the embassy.
Pakistan family visit visa, processing time, application fee, and validity
It takes up to ten working days to process your family visa application if you are a first-time entry applicant. The same duration is required for a family visa extension. Applicants from Afghanistan have a longer processing time of up to thirty-seven working days.
Nevertheless, if your application is sent back for a review, the time to process your application starts from the time you re-submit your application. You must submit back the application within seven days from the date you receive the review notification.
Pakistan family visit visa fees are not the same for all countries; you need to use the visa calculation fee to determine the fees you will pay. The calculator takes into consideration to determine the application fee.
- The type of Pakistan visa you wish to apply
- The type of entry you choose (single entry, multiple entries for up to one year or more than a year)
- If you wish to apply for an extension or first entry
- The country you apply from
For instance, if you are applying for a single entry Pakistan family visit visa from the United States, you will pay sixty US dollars. But, on the other hand, you will pay one hundred and twenty US dollars if you apply for a multiple entries family visa for up to a year from the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is POC in Pakistan?
It is an abbreviation for Pakistan Origin Card issued to foreigners of Pakistan Origin. It gives the holders the privilege to visit the country without a Pakistani visa. You can also get jobs with this card in the country if you wish to work.
What does CNIC/NICOP stand for in Pakistan visa terms?
CINC stands for Pakistan’s Computerized National Identity Card, while NICOP stands for National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis. NICOP, the card is issued to Citizens of Pakistan living outside the country and has informed the Pakistan government of their dual citizenship status.
Do I need to register with the Pakistan police on arrival in the country?
You must register with the police authority in Pakistan if you are a citizen of the following countries.
- Palestine Liberation Organization
Nonetheless, if you are from any of the countries above but hold a Pakistan work permit, you are exempted. However, Indian passport holders of Indian Origin do not enjoy this exemption privilege from the Pakistan Government.
Are there tourist scenes in Pakistan?
Yes, there are tourist scenes in Pakistan. The country has a lot to offer in natural beauty, history, and culture. There are many different places to visit with their unique attractions. Some popular tourist sites are Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort, and Shalimar Gardens in Lahore.
Can Pakistanis get jobs in Canada?
Yes, Pakistanis can get jobs in Canada; there is no specific restriction on hiring them. However, you should note that the competition for jobs in Canada can be fierce, so it is necessary to have a strong resume and cover letter.
In conclusion, applying for a Pakistan Family Visit Visa is simple. So long as you have all the required documentation, an online application is the quickest and most efficient way to apply. Using it at least four weeks before your intended travel date is generally recommended. You should have your documents in order and double-check the requirements before beginning your application to avoid delays or issues.