Pakistan’s media landscape isn’t only dynamic but vibrant as well. That is why there are so many media houses that even foreigners are allowed to take advantage of. The Pakistan journalist visa is in place for all journalists that want to practice journalism in the country. Accredited based journalists in Pakistan are allowed to get a Pakistan journalist visa for four weeks to other cities for their jobs. But for those coming into the country from other countries for journalism, one is given a journalist visa that would be valid for ninety days (3 months).
Getting into Pakistan as a journalist would be hassle-free as you read this blog post. It will furnish you with all the information like its application, requirements, documentation, and fees you should know. Keep reading!
In this article
- About Pakistan
- What is Pakistan Journalist Visa
- Types of Pakistan Journalist Visa
- Documents required for Pakistan Journalist Visa?
- How to Apply for Pakistan Journalist Visa
- How to Apply for Pakistan journalist eVisa
- Pakistan Journalist Visa processing time and its application fee
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Islamic Republic of Pakistan, known as Pakistan, is a country in South Asia. Pakistan is on record to be the 5th most populous In the world. It has the most number of Muslims in the world. This country’s vibrant and flexible journalism landscape makes it a go-to destination for journalists across the globe. This country of Pakistan is known for this, and it has made it accessible to all journalists worldwide. They are giving out Pakistani journalist visas to journalists and media team that wants to visit their country. The unique thing about the media in Pakistan is that it enjoys total freedom of expression despite the bans and political pressures from political activities in the country.
What is Pakistan Journalist Visa
It is a document issued by Pakistan to foreign journalists to access their country for journalism. This Visa can be issued to foreigners resident in the country to visit other nearby cities and can also be issued to the non based Pakistan journalists to access the country for the first time for journalism. A journalist visa can only be obtained after approval has been given by the Ministry of Information, Islamabad, Pakistan. The journalist visa is only valid in these three places Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi.
Types of Pakistan Journalist Visa
There are two ways you can apply for a Pakistan journalist visa. Which are:
New time (first timers): This is for those that do not have a valid Pakistan visa. You can apply for this Visa as a journalist.
Apply by extension: You can also apply for the extension of your valid Pakistan visa for another four weeks. It is for those already residing in Pakistan.
Who needs Pakistan Journalist Visa?
All foreign journalists are eligible to apply for the Pakistan journalist visa and wait for the final decision of the embassy on the Visa.
Documents required for Pakistan Journalist Visa?
Just like any other category of Visa for a country. The Pakistan journalist visa will be issued when approval is granted. Some documents need to be submitted for verification and approval to process a journalist visa. So if you need a journalist visa, you would need to upload the following documents:
- A passport Photograph: This should be a recent passport showing your face well
- International passport: You would have to make a copy of your international passport available
- Letter from Media Agency/Organization: You should get a letter from your media company stating that they are aware of your traveling for clarification and verification
- Recommendation from Ministry of information and broadcasting/Press Attaché/Pak Mission Abroad.
- Proof of legal residence: You would also need to upload or submit proof of your residence. it is
- For those not in the home country. So if you are applying for a Pakistan journalist visa in another country, it is a must. The legal residence proof can be uploaded where you have the supporting document type: insert where you have other documents.
- Proof of valid Pakistan visa: This is for those seeking an Extension for their Visa. You would need to upload proof of a Valid Pakistan journalist Visa that you are seeking an extension.
- It would help if you had an entry Stamp on your passport in the supporting document.
How to Apply for Pakistan Journalist Visa
Foreign nationals can apply for a Pakistan journalist visa in two ways.
Online e-visa: You would be eligible to apply for the online Visa called e-visa. You get to the official website to apply for your Pakistan journalist e-visa. Make sure you are already with your documents, so you can attach them with your application to upload.
Secondly, you apply through the consulate or Pakistan embassy in your home country.
- So to apply for a Pakistan journalist e Visa, you have to complete the online application form on the government’s official website.
- Then you submit the form and wait for about 48-72 working hours to get a notification on your registered email.
- You can book your interview too. As a first-timer, you would have to go to the Pakistani Consulate or Embassy in your home country for this interview.
- Citizens from all countries, excluding the ones listed below, can apply for a Pakistan journalist eVisa:
- DR Congo
- North Korea
How to Apply for Pakistan journalist eVisa
- Start by Registering on the official visa website. You have to click on “apply now.”
- Then wait to get a Confirmation Code on your inputted email. Continue with the application for a Pakistan journalist eVisa by clicking on the attached link.
- Log in again to begin the application.
- Click on the journalist visa as the type of Visa you want, and key in the needed information like your entry point, duration of visit, passport number, the purpose of visit, and lots more.
- Choose a close Pakistani Embassy or Consulate. It will allow you to appear there in person for a visa interview if needed.
- Before attaching the documents as would be wanted, for the Pakistan journalist visa as stated above. You would have to answer the six sections of questions; it would need you to truthfully answer all the questions.
- Answer the Application, Personal, Family, Finances and employment, Travel history, and Visit information.
- Now according to the type of Visa requested, a list of required documents will appear on your screen. For you, the Pakistan journalist visa requirements will appear that you make electronic copies of them and attach them.
- Lastly, you can Pay your journalist visa fee through your debit or credit card.
Pakistan Journalist Visa processing time and its application fee
The processing period for a journalist visa time is according to the prerogative of the Pakistan government. However, they are listed as follows.
- Entry for Accredited journalist based in Pakistan The processing duration is between 7-10 Days. It is either for a long or short-term stay.
- For non-Pakistan-based journalists, who could be individuals or individuals with a visa of about 3 Months, it might be between 7-10 working days.
- The processing period For non-Pakistan-based journalists will be higher than 3 Months; it might take up to 4 Weeks.
The fee you would pay for processing in Pakistan a journalist visa depends on one national. But the fees start from $20 and can get up to $60 in some countries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In what format should I upload my Documents for a Pakistan journalist visa?
To successfully upload your documents for your journalist visa, all documents need to be in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format. Note that the maximum size should be 500 KB.
Can I extend my Pakistani journalist visa?
Yes, non-based Pakistan journalists can apply for a one-month visa extension after the ninety days ( 3 months) expiration of the previous Visa. But the snag is that you need to do the extension long before the expiry of the visa date.
How can one not eligible for an evisa apply for a Pakistan journalist visa?
Any journalist who is not eligible for an eVisa or a Visa on arrival can visit the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Pakistan to apply for a visa. The countries listed above are not eligible for a journalist visa.
What cities in Pakistan are valid for a Pakistan journalist visa
There are three cities where Pakistan journalist visas are valid for only Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi.
So which country is visa-free for Pakistan?
You can access the following countries without a visa if you hold a valid Pakistani passport.
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Pakistan Journalist visa is issued to national journalists who travel for journalistic purposes to the country. The journalists are only allowed to enter Karachi, Islamabad, and Lahore. This Visa is Valid for up to three months or until the end of the assignment for Pakistan-based media houses. So if you were looking for valid information on how to get your journalist visa, you have it here. Follow the details above to get your Journalist visa in no time.