Pakistan is a beautiful country full of culture and adventure. Unfortunately, not the safest country to travel to due to terrorism. And if you are a tourist looking to explore Pakistan, you may be eligible for a Pakistan visa on arrival. This makes it easier than ever to visit Pakistan.
Whether you’re interested in hiking through the mountains, exploring historic cities, trekking, religious trips, pilgrimage, etc., a tourist visa for Pakistan will allow you to do it all.
However, you need to apply for a Pakistan tourist visa online to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization within 48 to 72 hours before your arrival.
This article will outline what you need to do to confirm your eligibility for a Pakistan visa on arrival (tourist). Learn how to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization to obtain a Pakistan tourist visa on arrival.
In this article
- About Pakistan Tourist visa (on arrival )
- Can I get a Pakistan visa on arrival for tourism?
- Who is eligible for a Pakistan tourist visa (on arrival)
- What are the Types of Pakistan tourist visas (on arrival)
- How to qualify for a Pakistan tourist visa (on arrival)
- #1.Confirm your eligibility for a Pakistan visa on arrival
- #2.Meet the Pakistan tourist visa requirements (documents)
- #3.Declare your travel intents and obtain an (ETA) online
- How can I get a tourist visa for Pakistan?
- How to Apply for a Tourist Visa to Pakistan Online (ETA)
- How to Upload documents for an online tourist visa
- Processing time
- Duration and validity of Pakistan tourist visa
- Frequently Asked Question
About Pakistan Tourist visa (on arrival )
Pakistan offers a wide variety of tourist attractions for foreigners who wish to visit the country for tourism. And hence, a Pakistan tourist visa on arrival is granted to foreign nationals visiting Pakistan for tourist purposes.
In addition, foreign nationals who wish to visit Pakistan for tourism do not need to obtain a tourist visa in advance. Pakistan tourist visa is on arrival.
Similarly, foreign nationals who require a visa to Pakistan may be required to complete a Pakistan online visa application form (tourism)to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization.
Can I get a Pakistan visa on arrival for tourism?
Yes, you can. Foreign citizens who wish to visit Pakistan for tourism do not need to obtain a tourist visa for Pakistan before arrival. To obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization, simply register your travel intent on the Pakistan official government website. So, yes, tourists can obtain a visa on arrival in Pakistan.
Who is eligible for a Pakistan tourist visa (on arrival)
The Pakistani government issues its tourist visa on arrival to foreign nationals from 65 countries eligible for Pakistan visas on arrival.
Although, nationals from these countries do not have visa-free access to Pakistan for tourism. However, they do not need to obtain a tourist visa before they arrive in Pakistan.
And it is worth noting that not all nationals who require a Pakistan visa are eligible for a Pakistan visa on arrival (tourist).
Perhaps, you may need to apply for a tourist visa through the Pakistan evisa if you are eligible for Pakistan online visa. Alternatively, contact the Pakistan Embassy or Consulate.
Meanwhile, there are two types of visas Pakistan issues to foreigners traveling to Pakistan for tourism. Let us look at these types of tourist visas for Pakistan and see which one you need and if you are eligible to obtain the tourist visa on arrival.
What are the Types of Pakistan tourist visas (on arrival)
There are two types of Pakistan visas for tourism; the Regulars Tourist visa and the mountain- trekking visa.
While the Mountain and trekking visa is strictly for visitors who wish to hike and camp in the Pakistani stunning mountain ranges, such as the Karakoram and Himalayas, a Mountain -trekking visa for tourism also allows visitors to participate in adventure activities such as rafting and mountaineering.
And just like any other regular visa for tourism, a Pakistan tourist visa gives visitors access to participate in cultural events and visit religious sites.
The Pakistan mountain -trekking visa and the regular tourist visa are on arrival for all eligible visiting tourists to Pakistan. Determine whether you are eligible for a Pakistan visa on arrival (tourist).
How to qualify for a Pakistan tourist visa (on arrival)
Since a Pakistan tourist visa is on arrival, foreigners traveling to Pakistan for tourism may need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization within 48 to 72 hours before arrival in Pakistan.
Therefore if you wish to travel to Pakistan for tourism, there are a few things you need to obtain a visa on arrival. And they are as follows:
#1.Confirm your eligibility for a Pakistan visa on arrival
To confirm your eligibility, you must meet the requirements and have the proper documentation for a Pakistan tourist visa.
And you must know that only nationals from the 65 countries list are eligible for a Pakistan tourist visa (on arrival)
#2.Meet the Pakistan tourist visa requirements (documents)
You become eligible for a Pakistan visa on arrival (tourist) by providing the following documents:
- Valid passport
- A recent passport photograph
- Provide an invitation letter if you are traveling in groups led by a recognized tour guide.
- Proof of financial stability, bank statements, or pay slips showing that you have the funds available to cover your stay
- Hotel reservations or an invitation letter.
- You may need proof of your travel plans as onward/return fight tickets.
Keep in Mind:
- You should make scanned copies of the document for online registration. And hard copies of the required documents for later proof at the airport.
- You may need to submit them twice; during the online registration and at the immigration counter at Pakistan airport.
- With these documents in hand, you will become eligible for a Pakistan visa on arrival at the Pakistani international airport.
#3.Declare your travel intents and obtain an (ETA) online
If you are a foreigner traveling to Pakistan for tourism, you need to confirm your travel intentions by filling out an arrival notification form at the Pakistan online visa system. Hence you need to download the form and fill it out with your details as follows;
- Your details like name, date of birth, etc.
- Provide your Family information.
- Financial information for demonstrating your financial stability.
- Travel histories to Pakistan(if required).
And you are all set for a tour in Pakistan when you receive an electronic travel authorization notification through email.
How can I get a tourist visa for Pakistan?
It is important to note that the Pakistani Embassy does not issue tourist visas manually. Instead, visitors can either apply for a Pakistan tourist visa online or obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization in advance. And, of course, getting a tourist visa to Pakistan depends highly on your nationality as the eligibility criteria differ from country to country.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa to Pakistan Online (ETA)
Tourist visas for Pakistan are not so hard to acquire for most nationalities who are eligible for either a tourist visa on arrival or online in advance. The visa application process is straightforward, and the vast majority of visitors to Pakistan may have no problems getting a tourist visa since the Pakistan visa is on arrival for tourists.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when applying for a tourist visa to Pakistan. Here are some tips on how to get a tourist visa to Pakistan
Step 1. Visit the official website of the Government of Pakistan Ministry of Interior for a Pakistan online tourist visa or evisa known as the ” tourist visa inbox.”
Step 2. When you land on the main page, click on the tab that reads “visa category” to select the visa type “tourist/visit visa.”
Step 3. A new tab pops up showing the two types of Pakistan tourist visas.
Step 4. Choose either Mountain trekking or a regular tourist visa now.
Step 5. If you do not have a previous account, create a new account by clicking on the tab that reads ‘New Account’ If you have an existing account, then click the ‘Login’ tab.
Step 6. Follow the instructions to complete an application form with your details just as required.
Step 7. Upload the required documents, which include a passport, invitation letter, travel plans, bank statements, etc.
Step 8. When you are done uploading the documents, pay the visa application fees either with your credit or debit card.
How to Upload documents for an online tourist visa
Applying for a Pakistan tourist visa online will require you to attach a certain document to the completed application forms. But you upload your documents.
- Select the document types you are required to submit. For instance, a valid passport, invitation letter, etc.
- Find the supporting documents in the files on your computer and select them.
- Then click the ‘upload button’ to attach the documents to your visa application and the ‘remove button to detach the wrong documents you uploaded by mistake.
Keep in mind:
- The supporting documentation should be in any of these image formats; JPEG, JPG, and PNG. In addition, the size of documents should not be more than 500KB.
- The Pakistani government may request supporting documents.
- You may attend an interview after you apply.
The processing time for a Pakistan tourist visa depends on the means of application and partly on the government of Pakistan.
And it takes about 48 to 72 hours to process an Electronic Travel Authorization Pakistan tourist visa.
On the contrary online tourist visa to Pakistan may take 7 to 10 business days to process.
Note that: if you are required to provide additional documents. Then the online visa application may extend more than the usual time. Also, if your visa application is sent back for review, resubmit the visa application within seven days from the date it was sent for review.
Duration and validity of Pakistan tourist visa
A tourist visa (on arrival) to Pakistan is valid for 30 days for a single entry. The tourist visa is not extendable while in Pakistan.
Similarly, only nationals from countries like Malaysia, Turkey, and UAE have a 30 days multiple entries upon arrival.
In addition, a Pakistan tourist evisa is valid for up to three months. W while an extension can be applied for six months or more for a regular tourist visa. Pakistan tourist visa issued on arrival.
Frequently Asked Question
Can Indians go to Pakistan on a tourist visa?
Yes, Indian citizens can visit Pakistan for tourist purposes. However, Indian citizens are not eligible for a Pakistan tourist visa (on arrival). So, there are a few things you need to know if you are an Indian traveling to Pakistan for tourism.
- First, you require a Mandatory registration with the local police upon arrival in Pakistan(usually performed by the hotel staff)
- If you are staying in an unlicensed hotel in Pakistan, you need to visit the local police station for registration.
How much is a Pakistan tourist visa?
A Pakistan tourist visa costs 20 to 60 USD for the online visa application. Foreigners looking to stay longer can apply for a multiple-entry visa, which costs more than the usual amount.
Can I extend a tourist visa to Pakistan?
Yes, you can extend a Pakistan tourist evisa (tourist visa obtained online)
However, you can not extend a Pakistan tourist visa obtained on arrival. You may need to exit the country and apply for a new tourist visa or any other type of Pakistan visa that is suitable for your purpose.
We hope this article on the Pakistan tourist visa will help make your travel to Pakistan dreams a reality! And as you have seen and read for yourself, obtaining a Pakistan tourist visa is not difficult. It would be easier if you let the instructions guide you while you prepare the required documentation. With a little preparation, your trip to Pakistan can be a wonderful and rewarding experience.
Thanks for reading!