Are you interested in applying for a Paraguay permanent residency visa? If yes, then this guide will help you get started.
Recently, the Paraguayan government has introduced new rules regarding immigration. To obtain a residence permit, you must prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family.
You should also show proof of employment or self-employment. Furthermore, you must provide evidence of having lived in Paraguay for at least three years before applying for permanent residency.
In this article
- Where is Paraguay Located?
- What is Paraguay Permanent Residency?
- Who can apply for a Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit?
- Why should I obtain Permanent residency in Paraguay?
- Conditions for applying for a Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit
- Eligibility requirements for getting a Paraguay Permanent Residency
- Necessary Documents to obtain a Paraguay Permanent Residency
- How to Apply for a Paraguay Permanent Residency
- Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Paraguay Located?
Paraguay borders Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela. Meanwhile country lies almost entirely within South America, with its northern border reaching from north-east Argentina to south-west Paraguay. However, Its landmass makes it smaller than some of its neighbors, but it is home to rich agricultural lands and oil reserves.
Originally, Paraguay had a long history of independence, dating back to 1811, when the Spanish Empire lost its last colony in South America. It was the only independent state in South America before the formation of Unida Republica de Americans (Uruguay). Also, Paraguay holds the largest amount of landlocked territory in Latin America.
What is Paraguay Permanent Residency?
Paraguay permanent residency is a process by which an individual can obtain a permit to reside in Paraguay indefinitely. Meanwhile, the process is relatively simple, and there are several benefits to obtaining permanent residency in Paraguay. First, an individual with permanent residency can live and work in Paraguay without restrictions. Second, permanent residents are eligible for several discounts on public services, including education and healthcare.
In addition, Paraguay permanent residency is a great opportunity for those looking to live in South America.
Also, Paraguay is a beautiful country with a rich culture, and it offers a high quality of life.
Who can apply for a Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit?
If you are a national of one of the following countries, you are eligible for a Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit:
Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea, United States of America. However, the process for obtaining the permit is relatively straightforward. Note that you will need to provide documentation that proves your relationship with a Paraguayan citizen or resident and documents that prove your financial stability.
Why should I obtain Permanent residency in Paraguay?
It is encouraging to obtain a Paraguay Residence Permit because of the following reasons:
#1. It is Faster
The amount of time it takes to apply for Paraguayan citizenship is only three years. Also, the process is simple. Therefore, you don’t have any limits on your nationality in Paraguay to apply for Paraguayan nationality.
#2. It is affordable
As far as Paraguay is concerned, you only will need to own $4,500 and have not had a visa to enter the country. Then, if you’re a citizen of one of the countries that have visa-free access to or have a visa on arrival for Paraguay, you’ll be eligible. This includes you as a U.S., Canadian, Australian, or New Zealand citizen.
Another upcoming finance possibility is budgeting $7,290 to set up a small business. The prospective investor should develop a financing proposal that states he or she will spend $70,000 over ten years.
#3. The country permits Dual citizenship
Paraguay does not require you to relocate to Fernando Pó for residency. Dual citizenship is permitted. Paraguay speaks Spanish, a relatively easy language to learn.
Conditions for applying for a Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit
To obtain a Paraguay Permanent Residence, an individual must be sponsored by a Paraguayan citizen or company. However, the sponsor must complete an application on behalf of the applicant. Also, provide documentation that proves the relationship between the applicant and sponsor. Meanwhile, the applicant must also meet specific eligibility requirements, including being able to support themselves and their family financially.
Eligibility requirements for getting a Paraguay Permanent Residency
To qualify for this permit, the applicant must make available the following requirements:
- A listing of your bank’s economic solvency statement in Paraguay can include a deposit or a savings deposit. Also, a bank account in your name.
- A real estate deed of a property located in Paraguay (if applicable).
- Documents certifying the establishment of corporations and share capital (if applicable).
- Item issued by the National Police and Identifications Department of Paraguay.
- American Interpol certificate from the local office in Asuncion, Paraguay.
- A local law enforcement officer endorsement may be used as a home and business license.
- Proof and legal right to enter the country (visa or passport with immigration stamps) authorities at the borders or airports.
- Affidavit confirming that the applicant will be subject to the laws and procedures of a state or land signed by a Notary Public.
- Record of police detention or conviction in your home country.
- Certificate of Health from the country or area to which the user, or from the previous place of residence.
- If a visa is necessary, a passport issued for traveling to the country is essential as well (as, for instance, with the Schengen Visa).
Necessary Documents to obtain a Paraguay Permanent Residency
- Police Clearance Certificate
- A copy of the Birth Certificate or baptismal card (if applicable)
- An Original Marriage Certificate both photocopy(when necessary)
- Medical Certificate Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than six months)
- Six passport-size photos of the property are what you will submit with the affidavit. Also, Dual citizenship evidence, such as a green card.
Other optional documents
Investors who have passed the campaign finance process must also submit an extra certificate from the Vice Ministry of Industry. Also, the Commerce of Paraguay depicts their qualification to SAUCE. Prospective investors must invest a minimum of PYG 50 million ($9,150,000 U.S.). For company investments, they must be at least PYG 50 million. (≈ US$27,500).
Also, according to the National Constitution of Paraguay, after three years of residence, they may naturalize you as a citizen of Paraguay if you have property in the country. However, it demonstrates significant ties to it that can permit you while a permanent resident. Therefore, you will have to show that you have lawfully lived in Paraguay for three or even more years before they naturalize you.
Furthermore, you will also have to have an awareness of Spanish and an understanding of the country’s history, geography, and politics.
Also, It is encouraging would have bank references using classes and copies of diplomas.
How to Apply for a Paraguay Permanent Residency
If you are looking to apply for a Permanent Residency in Paraguay, there are a few things you need to know beforehand.
First, you must prove that you have some ties to the country, such as being married to a Paraguayan citizen or owning property in the country.
Second, you must also be able to prove that you can support yourself financially without relying on government assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important for you to move to Paraguay?
- Paraguay is a country that is rich in culture and natural resources.
- It is a great place to move to if you are looking for a new adventure.
- The people of Paraguay are friendly and welcoming.
- There are many opportunities for employment in Paraguay.
- The cost of living in Paraguay is affordable.
Is it easy to get Paraguay citizenship?
It is said that Paraguay is one of the easiest countries in the world to obtain citizenship. However, the process is simple, with no interviews or confusing applications. In addition, there is no minimum residency requirement, so foreigners can obtain citizenship without ever having set foot in Paraguay. Finally, the only catch is that you must be able to speak Spanish.
How can I become a permanent resident in Paraguay?
Suppose you want to become a permanent resident of Paraguay; there are a few things you need to know. First, you must live in Paraguay for at least five years as a temporary resident.
Also, you must have a good criminal record and be able to support yourself financially. Then, if you meet these requirements, you can apply for permanent residency by applying to the National Directorate of Migration.
Is it possible for foreigners to obtain real estate in Paraguay?
Paraguay may be an option worth considering for foreigners looking to invest in South America. Meanwhile, the country has a growing economy and offers real estate opportunities that can be difficult to find in neighboring countries. In addition, while some restrictions exist on who can own property in Paraguay, foreigners can obtain land or a home in the country with proper legal representation.
Where is the easiest country to acquire citizenship?
Citizenship refers to a person’s legal status as a member of a country. However, citizenship entitles the person to rights and imposes duties on the person. Citizenship may be acquired by birth or naturalization. Therefore, there are many factors to consider when applying for citizenship, such as the cost, time commitment, and eligibility requirements.
How powerful is the Paraguay passport?
The Paraguay passport is not as powerful as some of the more well-known passports, such as the United States passport. However, the Paraguay passport still has a great deal of power. For example, the Paraguay passport allows its holders to travel without a visa to over 100 countries. Additionally, the Paraguay passport is valid for ten years, which is longer than many other passports.
In conclusion, following the steps in this guide can help make applying for Paraguay Permanent Residency simpler and less daunting. Remember to be patient and keep track of all necessary documentation, as missing pieces can result in a longer application process. Finally, with a bit of organization and effort, those looking to call Paraguay their home can do so with relative ease.