Do you wish to bring your parents and grandparents to Canada? Canada’s Family Class immigration category allows Permanent residents and Canadian citizens to sponsor their parent or grandparents via the Parent and Grandparent Program.
Sponsored parents and grandparents automatically become permanent residents of Canada, with all the benefits attached to it. This includes the right to live and work anywhere in Canada without restriction, as well as have access to public health facilities and other services. The sponsored parents or grandparent can also gain Canadian citizenship with time.
In 2019, the Canadian government has an immigration plan in place to admit around 20,500 new permanent residents to come to Canada. This might be the right time to submit an application to sponsor your parents and grandparents.
Documents Needed To Apply For Parents Or Grandparents Sponsorship
If you are applying for the PGP, you will need to provide the following information:
- A prove of your status in Canada i.e Canada Citizenship or PR Card
- Names of the parents and grandparents applicant wishes to sponsor and their date of birth;
- Total number of persons the applicant wishes to sponsor, including dependents (spouse/partner and children);
- Parent’s or grandparent’s name and family name i.e surname
- Parent or grandparent’s date of birth and country of birth
- Number of family members you wish to sponsor
- Primary residential address in Canada;
- Your contact number and email address for communication
- Your Electronic signature
How To Apply For Parents Or Grandparents Sponsorship
There are basically Six (6) steps to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents.
- The first step to sponsor your parents or grandparents is by filling out the interest sponsor form. It’s always available at the beginning of the year for a limited time.
- Obtain an invitation from IRCC to submit a complete application
- Get the application form to start the process. The application form may include a document checklist for you and the persons you want to sponsor.
- Pay your application processing fees for you and for the persons you are sponsoring
- Submit your application. The application form must be completed and submitted within 60 days. You may include other information of your those parents you wish to sponsor i.e police report and medical certificates.
So these are the basic steps to apply for parents or grandparents sponsorship for Canada. You may get an immigration expert to assist during the application process. The processing time for PGP program is 20 to 24 months. Alternatively, Parents or grandparents of permanent residents or Canadian citizens may be eligible to apply for the Super Visa.