Suppose you are looking forward to attending a business meeting or doing any commercial-related activity in the Philippines. In that case, you must obtain the Philippines Business Visa on arrival or through the nearest diplomatic mission.
Thousands of foreign nationals enter the Philippines yearly to engage in one or many things that have to do with their company or business operations. By applying for a business visa, you will gain legal entry into the Philippines for up to 30 days. There are several things to know before applying for this type of visa. Knowing these things streamlines the application process.
This blog post has many informational resources to guide you through the application procedures for the Philippines Business Visa.
Please continue reading to explore them!
In this article
- Who Needs to Apply for the Philippines Business Visa?
- Can I get the Philippines Business Visa on Arrival?
- Philippines Business Visa Processing Time
- Philippines Business Visa Cost
- Philippines Business Visa Requirements
- How to Get the Philippines Business Visa
- Step 1: Collect all the required documents
- Step 2: Complete the application form for the business visa
- Step 3: Initiate payment for your Philippines Business Visa fee
- Step 4: Visit a Philippine diplomatic mission to give in the required documents
- Step 5: Expect a notification from the Philippines diplomatic mission
- Validity Period of the Philippines Business Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who Needs to Apply for the Philippines Business Visa?
The Philippines Business Visa is a non-immigrant visa for foreigners who intend to enter the country for commercial-related purposes. These include negotiations of contracts and business terms, signing deals, and attending seminars and meetings.
Can I get the Philippines Business Visa on Arrival?
Yes, most foreigners are eligible to get a visa on arrival to the Philippines, even for commercial-related purposes. Only a few countries are exempt from obtaining a Philippine visa at the port of entry.
- North Macedonia
- South Sudan
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
- North Korea
Before leaving your country to obtain a Philippine Visa on Arrival for commercial-related purposes, you have to visit the official website of the Philippines Bureau of Immigration to download the VOA application form.
Philippines Business Visa Processing Time
Usually, the turnaround time for business visa applications to the Philippines takes between two to three weeks. However, its exact processing time varies depending on your country of origin.
Supposing that the Philippine embassy or consulate needs to evaluate your visa application further, you will have to wait for a more extended period.
Philippines Business Visa Cost
The application fee for a business visa to the Philippines is $40, which is not subject to a refund, no matter the outcome.
You must reach out to the consular officer at the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate for information on the fee payment method.
Philippines Business Visa Requirements
To obtain this visa, you need the following documents (in English or Filipino) to support your application at the Philippine embassy or consulate in your home country.
- The Philippines Business Visa application form, which you have appropriately filled out and signed
- Your original passport with a minimum of two unused pages and a leftover validity period of at least six months. You must also provide duplicate copies of your previous visas and the data page on your passport.
- Recent colored photographs of you featuring a size of 35 mm x 45 mm. You must also ensure taking the photos against a white background without wearing a tinted glass or facial expression.
- Evidence of sustenance can be your recent pay slips, account statements from your bank, or any other relevant document.
- An invitation letter from a Philippine-based company. Bear in mind that the letter must feature the signature of an authorized person in the company. A notary public in the Philippines also needs to attest to your invitation.
- A letter from your employer company, which gives details on your reason for the trip, its duration, and who will sponsor it
- A round-trip ticket to the Philippines
- Receipt for your visa fee
Before applying for the visa, confirm that you have satisfied the Philippines Business Visa checklist for the required documents. This is because the Philippine diplomatic missions abroad do not review or process visa applications featuring incomplete supporting documents.
How to Get the Philippines Business Visa
Below are five (5) simplified steps involved in obtaining a business visa for the Republic of the Philippines.
- Collect all the required documents
- Complete the application form for the business visa
- Initiate payment for your Philippines Business Visa fee
- Visit a Philippine diplomatic mission to give in the required documents
- Expect a notification from the Philippines diplomatic mission
Step 1: Collect all the required documents
The first step in applying for this visa is to gather all the documents required by the Philippine embassy or consulate for your type of application.
We have previously listed the documents in this blog post.
Step 2: Complete the application form for the business visa
Next, you are required to fill out the business visa application form duly with the correct information. Finally, you must visit the nearest Philippines diplomatic mission to obtain the form.
In lieu, you can download the form online via the official website of the Philippine embassy or consulate in your home country.
Step 3: Initiate payment for your Philippines Business Visa fee
This step involves paying your visa fee of about 40 United States Dollars. To get instructions on paying the fee, you must contact the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate.
After paying the fee, it is equally important to include its receipt and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Visit a Philippine diplomatic mission to give in the required documents
At this time, you must visit an embassy or consulate of the Philippines in your home country. Your visit is to put forward the required documents, as the consular officers need all of them for review and decision.
Make sure you fix an appointment ahead of your visit.
Step 5: Expect a notification from the Philippines diplomatic mission
Finally, you can start expecting a notification from the Philippine embassy or consulate regarding your business visa application.
Once you get a positive notification, it is time to book a flight to any of the eight (8) international airports in the Philippines.
Validity Period of the Philippines Business Visa
This type of visa is valid for up to 90 days but only allows a maximum stay of 30 days in the Republic of the Philippines. Moreover, the visa offers just a single entry to its holder within its validity period of three months.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it easy to get a Philippines Business Visa?
Yes, getting this type of visa for the Philippines is effortless. Its application requirements include the following:-
- A filled-out and signed application form
- A valid passport
- Your recent photographs (colored) sized at 35 mm x 45 mm
- A letter from your employer company containing elaborate information on your business trip
- An invitation from a Philippine-based company
- Your pay slips or account statements. This serves as your proof of sustenance.
- Evidence of visa fee payment
- A round-trip ticket to the Philippines
How long does it take to get the Philippine Business Visa?
It often takes at least ten working days for the Philippines embassy or consulate to process a foreigner’s business visa application. Moreover, the processing takes not more than three weeks.
How much is the Philippines Business Visa fee for Indian citizens?
The cost of applying for a business visa for the Philippines is 3,200 Indian Rupees.
What are the Philippines Business Visa requirements for Indian citizens?
Indians who wish to obtain this visa must have a valid Indian passport, a return ticket for the Philippines, at least two 35 mm x 45 mm photographs, your recent bank statements or pay slips, an invitation letter issued by a Philippine-based company, as well as a letter from your employer.
How long can I stay in the Philippines on a business visa?
The Philippines Business Visa allows for a maximum stay of 30 days over 90 days. However, suppose you need to stay longer in the country, you can apply for a visa extension at the Philippines Bureau of Immigration.
Where do I apply for the Philippines Business Visa?
You can get this visa for the Republic of the Philippines in two different ways. These include arrival at the Port of Entry (POE) and through the Philippine embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
Can I apply for the Philippines Business Visa online?
No, no platform is available to enable foreigners to apply for this visa online for entry into the Republic of the Philippines. Hence, all foreigners who want to enter the country for commercial-related purposes must obtain a visa before departure from their home country. You can also check out your eligibility for the Philippines Visa on Arrival.
Can my application for the Philippines Business Visa be rejected?
Yes, the consular officer handling your business visa application can refuse its approval supposing that it contains incorrect information or you did not meet all the requirements.
In summary, obtaining a business visa is the best option for foreign nationals who must participate in or carry out a commercial activity in the Republic of the Philippines. However, be careful not to overstay your visa, as the Government of the Philippines is not lenient to such offenders.
Thanks for reading!