Quebec Suspends Study Permit Applications For 10 Specific Colleges

Quebec government has suspended the receipt and processing of study permit applications for 10 specific colleges through the Foreign Student Program.

The decision, announced December 30, focuses on 10 learning institutions currently being investigated or audited by the Ministry of Higher Education (MES), says a statement released on the webpage of the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation, and Integration (MIFI).

New applications for selection for studies are also temporarily suspended, as well as the processing of study permit applications already submitted.

The 10 specific colleges are:

  • M College of Canada;
  • Matrix College of Management, Technology, and Healthcare;
  • Canada College inc.;
  • College CDI;
  • CDE College;
  • Herzing College (Institute);
  • Montréal College of Information Technology;
  • Institut supérieur d’informatique (ISI);
  • Universel College – Gatineau Campus;
  • Montréal Campus of Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles.

The suspension will remain until the 31st of March 2021, MIFI says.

“This decision has no repercussions on international students currently studying at those colleges and who hold a valid study permit and Quebec Acceptance Certificate,” MIFI added.

Highly recommended: List Of Designated Learning Institutions Approved To Welcome International Students In Canada

Certain Foreign Students Allowed To Start Work

Meanwhile, the Quebec government allowed certain foreign students who completed their studies to start work while their application for a Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWP) is being processed.

The right to start work is specifically for foreign students whose Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) and study permit expired on Dec. 31, 2020, after being automatically extended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

These international students were allowed to apply for the PGWP and start working even if they had not yet collected all of the documentation showing they had completed their undergraduate studies.

The application for the Postgraduate work permit had to be lodged to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) before the end of 2020 with a letter clarifying in detail:

  • The reason they were lodging an incomplete study permit application.
  • The fact that their CAQ and study permit were automatically extended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • If applicable, the changes that occurred in their studies due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Want to study abroad in Canada? Check your eligibility and learn about your chances as an international student!!!

Check Also

traveller information

What Traveller Information Does CBSA Collect?

When you cross between countries often, you find that different countries have their border control …