Russia Tourist Visa – Eligibility, Fees, and How to Apply
History shows that Russia is the perfect blend of modernity and culture. No wonder why they have been receiving international tourist visitors for a while now. To find your way to tour around Russia, you must obtain a Russian tourist visa, and we’re here to provide you with quality information on how to do so.
So, in this article, you will learn about the Russian tourist visa, the eligibility criteria for a Russian tourist visa, the application fee, and how to apply for the visa.
What is a Russian tourist visa?
The Russian tourist visa is a short-term visa that allows nationals of different countries to tour the beautiful country of Russia. It is a multi-purpose visa that permits you to negotiate business. Also, you can visit your family, relatives, and friends in Russia with this visa. However, the purpose of this visit remains tourism.
The Special-aim tourism of the Russian visa allows for short business trips, including participation in auctions, exhibitions, and exhibitions on other commercial matters.
Application fee for Russia tourist visa
The Russian tourist visa is by far the easiest and cheapest Russian visa to obtain. It is ideal for a short-term trip to Russia for about 30 days. Averagely, you get to pay about €100 for a ten days visit. So, a 30-days visit can range between 300 to 400 Euros.
Application Requirements for a Russia Tourist Visa
Without a doubt, to be eligible for a Russian tourist visa, you need to meet the application requirements and submit valid documents for your application. Here are some of the essential documents you need.
- Visa application form: You can complete the visa application form online. Having all the necessary details may take up to an hour to complete. The application must include your name, as it is slated on your passport, as well as the organization you are planning to visit in Russia. Also, you must provide a copy of your application ID and password.
- Valid Passport: You must provide a valid passport with at least one blank visa page for a single entry. You will need two blank pages for double and multiple entries. Note that the passport must be valid six months after your visa is validated.
- Passport photo: You must provide at least one colored passport-size photograph taken within the last three months. Notably, the passport must be taken on a white background and fitted on high-quality photo paper. Also, the specific size is 2 inches by 2 inches, with the full frontal view of your head and face at the center.
- Roundtrip reservation: Obtaining a roundtrip reservation is of optimum importance. You must include your flight number and the date that specifies your entry and exit into Russia.
- Proof of accommodation: You must provide evidence that shows where you will lodge during your tour in Russia. Mind you; you can submit a letter from the tour organizer- if you will be traveling with a tour agency, hotel bookings, rent agreement, etc. Note that if you reserve a hotel, you should include the hotel’s name, email, address, and phone.
- Financial proof: You are to tender a financial proof or statement of account to certify that you will not be stranded in Russia.
Specific requirements for a Russian tourist visa
Certain requirements exist for a particular group of people who want to tour around Russia. Check below for different categories.
#1. For Former Russian Nationals
If you are a former Russian, you must provide a letter that states the date you refute your citizenship as a Russian. Note that the embassy will only issue your visa if you are a former Russian with this cover letter.
#2. For Minors
Minors must submit their birth certificate. In addition, in cases whereby the minor is traveling without both parents, they must provide a letter of consent notarized with full permission of the legal guardian or non-accompanying parents to travel to Russia on the specific date.
However, if the minor was adopted, a copy of the adoption letter must be added along with the birth certificate. But in cases where the parents already have a Russian tourist visa, they must provide the minor’s validity. If the minor’s parents are Russians, they must give the citizenship certificate as proof.
#3. Applicants Under the Age of 21
In cases whereby you are an applicant under the age of 21, you must provide the following documents in addition to the general document previously stated.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- Copies of your parents’ identity cards- must be in colored format.
- Your parents’ passport. However, if you are unable to submit your parents’ passports, you can tender their driver’s licenses along with a statement that they do not possess a passport.
#4. Former Soviet
In cases whereby you are born in the former Soviet republic, you should provide your copy of the Soviet along with a letter explaining why you Immigrated to the US.
How to Apply for a Russia Tourist Visa?
To enjoy your holiday and have a nice time in Russia, you must follow this simple process to apply for a Russian tourist visa. The collation and preparation of your document are very important for this application process. Check below for how to apply.
#Step one: Check for eligibility
Firstly, you must check for your eligibility for the Russia Tourist Visa. There are different categories, and their specific requirements are given above. Therefore, you must ensure you meet the requirements before applying.
#Step two: Fill out the visa application form
Download and fill in the application form correctly, inputting your correct data. The application format for the Russian tourist visa is the same, be sure that the information you provide is the same as that on your passport and other documents. Some of the information you will need to fill in on your application form is as follows:
- Your personal information,
- Information on your background,
- Your purpose for entering the Russia Area,
- Other details that pertain to your trip.
#Step three: Submission of documents
The next step in your application process is to submit the necessary documents for the Russian tourist visa.
#Step four: Book an appointment for an interview
Slate a visa interview with the Russian embassy or consulate in your country. If your country does not have a Russian Embassy, they will have a visa center where you can book an appointment.
##Step five: Attend the interview
After booking your appointment, you must attend the interview. Take note to attend the interview very early to prevent lateness.
#Step six: Make the application payment
Lastly, make full payment of the Russian tourist visa fee. The application fee differs in countries; therefore, check for the application fee in your home country and make payments likewise.
Upon successfully completing your visa application, you can await the approval of your application, after which you can enjoy your tour in Russia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Russia issuing a tourist visa?
Yes, Russia is issuing tourist visas. The process is relatively straightforward, and you can find all the information you need on the website of the Russian Embassy in your country. However, bear in mind that tourist visas are valid for a maximum of 30 days, so make sure you allow enough time to get everything sorted before your trip.
How long does a Russian visa take?
The processing time for a Russian visa can vary depending on the type of visa and the embassy or consulate where you are applying. However, most visas will generally be processed within 15 business days.
Can I apply for a Russian tourist visa online?
Yes, you can apply for a Russian tourist visa online. The process is simple. You will need to provide your personal information, travel itinerary, and passport information. Double-check that you have all the required documents before submitting your application.
Is Russia cheap to live in?
Yes and no. It depends on your lifestyle and where in Russia you live. For example, Moscow is more expensive than most other cities, while some rural areas are quite affordable. In general, Russia is cheaper than the US or Western Europe, but it’s not as cheap as some other countries in the region.
Can I buy a home in Russia?
Yes, you can buy a home in Russia. However, the process can be complicated and working with a real estate agent who understands the process is important.
There are plenty of unique attractions you can enjoy in Russia. So, get a Russian tourist visa to enjoy the beauty and scenery view of the largest country in the world.