If you plan to stay in Singapore for an extended period, you need to apply for a Singapore Long Stay Visit Pass. The long-stay pass is issued at the discretion of the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and the Ministry of Manpower in Singapore.
However, the process of securing a long-stay visit pass can be intimidating and complex, but with our guide, you will find it easy to crack. So take your time to read on steps to apply for a Singapore long stay visit pass and other details.
In this article
- About Singapore
- What is a Singapore long-stay visit pass?
- Type one Singapore Long-stay Visit Pass
- Eligibility criteria for Type one Singapore Long stay visit pass
- Type two Singapore Long stay visit pass
- Documents required for a Singapore Long stay Visit pass
- Singapore Immigrant and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) requirements for Long-stay visits pass
- Specific documents required for the Long-stay visit pass application
- Sponsors required documents (Citizen of Singapore or a Permanent Resident)
- MOM application requirements for Singapore Long stay Visit pass
- How to Apply for a Singapore Long-Term Visit Pass
- ICA application steps
- MOM application steps
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Singapore is an island country off Malaysia’s southeast coast. With a population of about 5.5 million people, it is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. It has a diverse culture and history, with influences from China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia. It is known for its cleanliness, efficiency, and modern infrastructure. The country also ranks highly in a global survey of quality of life, education, and economic opportunity.
What is a Singapore long-stay visit pass?
It is a document issued by the Singapore Immigrant and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) or Ministry of Manpower to foreigners who wish to stay longer than a month in the country.
There are two types of Long stay visit pass that foreigners in Singapore can access depending on their eligibility.
Type one Singapore Long-stay Visit Pass
If you are a foreign citizen in Singapore with a short stay visit but wish to stay longer than thirty days, you can apply for this type of visit pass. The Singapore Immigrant and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) are in charge of issuing this pass to eligible foreigners.
Eligibility criteria for Type one Singapore Long stay visit pass
Before anything else, it is necessary you know if you are eligible for this type of pass or not. So to be eligible, you should fulfill any of the criteria listed below:
- You must be a spouse to a Singaporean citizen or a permanent resident
- You are a child under twenty-one years and a dependent on a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident
- A parent to a citizen of Singapore or a Permanent resident
- A grandparent to a foreign national Studying in Singapore with a valid student pass
- A foreign pregnant woman planning to deliver her baby(s) in Singapore
- A foreigner who is a graduate of a higher institution seeking employment in Singapore
Type two Singapore Long stay visit pass
This type of long-stay pass is available to foreign employees in Singapore who wish to invite their dependents to the country. The Ministry of Manpower in Singapore issued this long pass to the dependent employees who are not eligible for the dependent pass in Singapore.
Meanwhile, there are eligibility criteria the foreign employee (sponsor) must meet to secure the long stay pass for the dependents. They are:
The sponsor must be a holder of an employment pass, personalized employment pass (PEP), S pass, or an entrepass.
Note that if your sponsor is a holder of an Employment pass, S pass, or PEP, they should have the following:
- A monthly income that is not less than six thousand Singaporean dollars
- Work with a company registered with a Singaporean relevant agency.
In addition, if your sponsor holds an entrepass, then the following conditions below must be fulfilled.
- Conduct business transaction that is not less than one hundred thousand Singaporean dollars yearly
- Employ a minimum of three local employees on a full-time scale and one professional employee like a Manager or a director
If all the conditions are satisfied by the EP, PEP, S Pass, or Entrepass holders, they can invite the following set of people to reunite with them.
- Common law spouse.
- A Child above twenty-one years with mental or other physical challenges.t is because the health issues make them dependent on their parent.
- A step-child below twenty-one years from an unmarried spouse
Documents required for a Singapore Long stay Visit pass
The documents to be submitted for a long-stay pass application in Singapore depend on the type of long pass.
Nevertheless, all the documents should be original and in the English language. So if yours are not in English, you should visit a certified translator to translate them.
Singapore Immigrant and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) requirements for Long-stay visits pass
If your sponsor is eligible to apply for the long-stay pass through this agency, you and your sponsor should provide the following documents.
- A recent passport photograph with the Singapore dimension standard
- A copy of your traveling passport data page
- Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card
Specific documents required for the Long-stay visit pass application
You should make available the following documents to your sponsor if you are:
- Proof of highest level of academics qualifications
- Marriage certificate
- A divorce certificate (optional if you have any divorce history)
A dependent child
- The Birth Certificate
- Proof child’s custody documents or divorce certificate if there is a need for it
A parent to a Singapore citizen or a permanent resident:
- Childbirth certificate
- Proof of adoption (if required)
A foreign national seeking jobs in Singapore:
- Your highest academic qualifications
A maternal parent or grandma to a foreign student holding a student pass:
- Valid Marriage certificate
- Divorce certificate or custody documents, if needed
- The Student Pass holder’s passport
- The student’s Pass Card
- Child’s birth certificate
Foreign pregnant national with plans to deliver the baby in Singapore:
- A genuine Marriage certificate
- The expected delivery date certificate from an accredited health facility should state if there are any complications.
- Letter from your embassy or consulate in Singapore as evidence that the child will be granted the mother’s nationality and a valid passport.
Sponsors required documents (Citizen of Singapore or a Permanent Resident)
Your sponsor should provide the following documents for your application to be considered and processed by ICA or MOM.
- Singapore Identity Card
- A recent Income Tax Notice of Assessment in the last three years
- Proof of Central Provident Fund (CPF) monthly contributions for a minimum of one year.
- Singapore Letter of employment should contain your sponsor’s employment date, position, and monthly income.
But if your sponsor is self-employed, then the following should be attached:
- A genuine registration certificate from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- The company’s business transactions Statement in the last year.
MOM application requirements for Singapore Long stay Visit pass
If your sponsor is eligible to apply for a long-stay visit pass through the ministry of Manpower (MOM), you and your sponsor should provide the following documents.
If you are a common in-law spouse, you should provide any of these documents:
- Proof of Common in-law Certificate
- A letter of introduction from your country’s embassy as evidence of a common-law relationship with your sponsor
- A Valid affidavit that shows that you and your sponsor have a common-law relationship under your country’s laws
Step- Children below the age of Twenty-one years:
- Proof of custody of the children from a competent court in your country
- A consent letter from the other parent of the child
- Proof of updated vaccination certificate for a child up to twelve years
- A valid doctor’s report to confirm a child’s medical condition if above twenty-one years
How to Apply for a Singapore Long-Term Visit Pass
To apply for a long-stay visit pass in Singapore, you need any of these categories of persons or organizations to do that on your behalf.
- A relative in Singapore who is either a Citizen or a permanent resident
- An authorized visa agent, strategic partner, or other local partners with a SingPass account
- You must arrive in Singapore at least ten days before you apply for the long-stay pass.
- A Singaporean employer or an employment agency in Singapore ( Strictly for MOM applicants)
ICA application steps
If you are to apply for a Singapore Long Stay Visit Pass through the ICA, your sponsor will follow these steps below:
- Visit the ICA official website to fill out the application form with your details and upload all the required documents.
- Preview the application to correct all errors and submit
- If the submission is successful, your will help you pay S$30 using a debit or credit as the application fee. The amount is non-refundable
- The next is for your sponsor to wait for up to forty-five days for the ICA to process your application and issue a notification on its final decision.
- Lastly, if approved, you will pay another S$60 through the ICA’s eService, so your Singapore Long Stay Visit Pass won’t be void. Then, an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter will be issued; it contains all the hard copy documents you and your sponsor will come with to the ICA office to complete the process.
MOM application steps
You cannot apply for a Singapore Long Stay Visit Pass as an employee, but your employer can do that. The employer can apply for it when applying for your employment pass or when your family is ready to reunite with you. Here are the steps to follow:
- Your employer visit the Ministry of Manpower’s official website with an entrepass
- Complete the application form for each family member and upload all the required documents, then submit an application
- Pay the application fee of S$105 for each applicant if the application is submitted successfully.
- Then your employer will wait a minimum of three weeks to allow the MOM to verify and process the long=stay visit pass application.
If the application is successful, MOM will mail the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to your employer then it will be sent to your family members. They will print it and travel to Singapore with it to complete the long-stay pass application process online or offline. If they arrive in Singapore, you pay another S$225 per family member and provide all the hard copy documents to complete the process. The pass card will be processed within four days after the process is complete.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of a Singapore Long stay visit pass?
It has a validity period of up to two years. It also depends on the validity of your sponsor’s employment pass.
What is a Singapore Long-Term Visit Pass Plus?
It is a legal document issued to a foreign national who is a Singaporean child or married to a Citizen for three (3) years or more. The validity of this plus pass is up to five years, and it is renewable.
Is Singapore friendly to foreigners?
Yes, Singapore is a friendly country to foreigners. The locals are very welcoming, and the infrastructure is well developed. There are plenty of opportunities to work and study in Singapore, making it a great place to live and work.
What type of visit pass do I need to stay in Singapore for less than thirty days?
You should apply for Singapore Short-Term Visit Pass to enjoy your short trip to the country.
In conclusion, if you are planning a trip to Singapore and would like to stay for an extended amount of time, the best way to do so is to apply for a Singapore Long Stay Visit Pass. The document will allow you to stay in the country for up to two years, which is more than enough time to explore all the country has to offer.