The Singapore S Pass, unlike the Maldives work visa, is a work pass that allows mid-skilled foreign professionals to work in Singapore. The pass lasts for only two years and can be renewed.
To be eligible for an S Pass, applicants must have a job offer from a Singapore company and meet the minimum salary requirements. The S Pass is one of several types of work passes available in Singapore and is suitable for foreign professionals looking to start a career in Singapore.
Singapore is an amazing place to reside and work. The cost of living is relatively low, and there are plenty of job opportunities. However, finding a job in Singapore can be tricky if you don’t know where to look. One option is to get a Singapore S Pass.
This article will teach you how to apply to obtain your S pass and live your dreams.
In this article
Singapore is a city-state in Southeast Asia. Founded as an English commercial colony in the year 1819. It has become one of the world’s most prosperous countries since independence and has the world’s busiest port. Singapore, also known as the Lion City, is an economic powerhouse with a GDP per capita of US$55,215. The country has a plethora of mineral resources. In addition, it has a highly developed market economy that depends heavily on exports, mainly manufactured goods and petroleum products.
Human development is also high in Singapore, with the city-state ranking 2nd on the Human Development Index. The Singapore population is ethnically diverse, with the Chinese making up the largest group, followed by Malays and Indians. However, English is the main language spoken, and Buddhism is the most widely practiced religion.
Tourism is vital to Singapore’s economy, and the city-state is known for its luxury hotels, shopping malls, and casinos. However, it’s also home to many green spaces like the Botanic Gardens and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.
Trade also plays a big role in Singapore’s economy. The country is a major transportation hub in Southeast Asia, handling more ship cargo than any other port in the world.
Singapore S Pass
In Singapore, social mobility is made possible by the S Pass program for qualified and skilled workers, unlike the Maldives work visa. Middle-skilled workers in a company, such as technicians, accountants, or journalists, may apply for an S Pass. Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) issues and manages work pass applications.
If you meet the S Pass for Singapore requirements, you’re eligible to apply for it. The requirements are listed below:
- You are a person with an intermediate skill level (technician, analyst, accountant, journalist, etc.).
- You have discovered a job in Singapore. It is your employer who requests the S Pass for you.
- You will be paid a fixed monthly salary of at least S$2,300. This is the S Pass minimum salary for new school leavers with little work experience.
- You have the requisite qualifications for the work, such as a university degree or diploma. Certificates of technical skills, such as for a course, are also accepted, but the course should be at least 1-year.
- You have helpful work experience.
Requirements for Singapore S Pass
When a sponsor is applying for an S Pass, they need to supply the documents provided by your company. They are:
- The Duly filled S Pass Application Form.
- Your consent letter.
- A valid copy of your passport’s personal details page.
- If you are married, a copy of your marriage license (if available).
- Recent business record of the company.
- Your diplomas and/or other certification credentials.
- Verification for educational certificates may be requested if you are asked. You can get this info from Dataflow, an international verification agency, or elsewhere.
- Letter of endorsement or Accreditation from a Registration Agency, Professional Body.
If your employer is the representative in Singapore of an overseas company, you will provide:
- A copy of the authorization letter issued by the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore permitting the company to open a representative office in the city.
- A business letter from the parent company states the reason for making an application, the length of time you will work with that company, and guarantees that the company will be responsible for your maintenance and return.
Singapore S Pass Application process
Your employer in Singapore must apply for your S Pass online through EP Online, the online application available on MOM’s official website.
The S Pass application process is indicated below:
- You inform your business of your consent to be employed by them, and they permit you to apply for the passport on their behalf.
- Your employer uses Employee Express Online to fill out the S Pass Application form.
- S Pass Application Form documents to be attached are stated in an S Pass.
- They pay the S Pass application processing fee of $75.
- They will collect an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter if your application is approved. Your employer must hand over the IPA letter to you. This letter will help you: Enter Singapore since it serves as a single-entry visa and Informs you if you require a medical examination in Singapore.
The Ipass processing time is about three weeks. Therefore, as soon as you get your IPA letter, you have two months to enter the country of Singapore.
S Pass quota
The S Pass quota is a limit on the number of S Pass holders an employer can have in its workforce. Quota is determined by the employer’s business needs and the sector in which they operate. To find out if your business needs to apply for an S Pass quota, contact the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an S Pass holder in Singapore?
Basically, the S Pass allows professionals in Singapore to work at the intermediate level. The candidates need to earn at least $3,000 per month.
Is Singapore Open for S Pass?
The S Pass is coming soon, so discover more about updated eligibility information. Then, use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to assess whether the applicant qualifies for the S Pass. For example, you may not employ foreign workers to work at a food stall in a hawker center, coffee shop, or food court.
Which is better, S Pass or e Pass in Singapore?
Unlike the Employment Pass, the S Pass is subject to certain requirements for mandatory medical insurance coverage, rates, and a quota. While S Pass holders may receive fewer advantages, such as additional days off, they are granted mandatory medical insurance coverage.
How much is S Pass’ salary?
The S Pass minimum qualifying salary will rise to $3,000 in September 2019 and increase after that. Budget 2022 announced the increases.
How long to get S-Pass approved?
LGUs are granted 24 hours to approve or turn down an application, including weekends, ARTA Deputy Director General Ernesto Perez said.
Is S-Pass still required?
Only those with plans to travel to the Philippines need to register with S PaSS for route planning purposes. However, travelers should consult the travel guidelines and regulations of their destination LGU.
Can the S-PaSS holder apply for PR?
Can an S Pass holder apply to become a Singapore permanent resident (PR)? Yes. If you hold an S Pass and wish to become a PR, you should submit your application to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). ICA will evaluate your application based on PR criteria.
Can I apply for S-PaSS myself?
To apply for an S Pass, ensure that you are eligible for the S Pass when using the S Pass self-assessment tool. To apply for an S Pass, use the S Pass self-assessment tool to ensure that you are eligible for the S Pass. If you meet the requirements, your employer may apply for the S Pass on your behalf.
How long can an S pass holder live in Singapore?
Yes, you can. The initial S Pass is valid for two years and can be renewed indefinitely. Your employer or an employment agency assists you with the renewal. They must apply to renew the S Pass online before the current one’s expiration date.
What is a good salary in Singapore?
They pay between S$1,140 to S$37,700 a month or approximately 1.20 lakhs to 2.11 crores. The median salary is S$8,450 per month, roughly 4.73 lakhs.
Is S-PaSS still required in 2022?
According to Executive Order No. 260, Series of 2022, the Safe and Swift Passage (S-PaSS) is no longer required for entering the Province of Iloilo.
Is Spass a Work Permit?
Generally, S Pass is also known as Singapore Pass. This pass is only required for foreign or mid-level technical workers who earn a minimum salary of 2,200 SGD monthly in Singapore. The employment agency or the employment company issues the S Pass on behalf of the selected candidate.
In conclusion, the Singapore S Pass is a great way to gain work experience in Singapore. It is an excellent opportunity for those looking to start their career in Singapore. To be eligible for an S Pass, candidates must earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,500 and have acceptable qualifications. There is no age limit for holders of an S Pass. The initial pass is valid for two years and can be renewed.
However, it is essential to note that the pass is only valid for two years and is not renewable.