Steps Taken To Get A US Green Card. For you to be able to get your green card easily, simply follow the steps below properly and be guided. A green card is that which allows an individual to live and work in the United States permanently.
The card has ever been known as a green card as it is has ever been made green though it is no longer made of green paper but of graphics which has several security features. The holder of a green cared will also apply for citizenship after been resident in the country for years. This is not applicable with those who are refugees or married to U.S citizen.
Table of Contents
Getting A Green Card By family Sponsor
This green card is gotten from a family member either your parent, spouse or a relative having the US citizenship. This sponsor only comes from citizens who are 21 years and above.
How The family Sponsor Green Card Works
- The Sponsor will complete the 1-130 form
- He pays the application and registration fee which is sent to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- He receives a receipt and a decision notification.
Getting A Green Card By Employment
In granting a green card by employment, priority is given to Some executives, Researchers, Outstanding professors, extraordinary ability persons etc.
How The Employment Green card Works
- The 1-140 form is completed by the employer
- The employer pays the application fee
- He finally receives a receipt and a notification to show the final decision taken.
Getting A Green card Through Lottery
A green card can also be gotten through winning lottery and it is the best known way to get a green card in the United States. The lottery is usually for those whose immigration rates are the lowest.
How The Lottery based Green Card Works
- You will first register online via www.dvlottery.state.gov
- You will receive a confirmation number so ensure you keep it safe as it will be used to check if you have been selected or not
- If you are finally selected, then you can apply for the immigrant visa.
You can also see how to apply for the parent or grand parent sponsorship