This article explains why you should consider studying in Canada from Comoros, the cost of studying in Canada from Comoros, the scholarship opportunities that may be open to you, the requirements and all you need to know about getting your study permit.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, the love of what you are doing or learning to do. One of the first steps towards success, asides deciding what you want to do, is finding the right medium to pack the knowledge you need. A good educational system is one of the valid steps to take towards success.
The Comoros is a volcanic archipelago off Africa’s east coast, in the warm Indian Ocean waters of the Mozambique Channel. The nation state’s largest island, Grande Comore (Ngazidja) is ringed by beaches and old lava from active Mt. Karthala volcano. The Comoros, with an estimated gross domestic product (GDP) per capita income of about $700, is among the world’s poorest and least developed nations
This article explains why you should consider studying in Canada from Comoros, the cost of studying in Canada from Comoros, the scholarship opportunities that may be open to you, the requirements and all you need to know about getting your study permit. Keep reading.
Why Study in Canada from Comoros?
Education in Comoros is mandatory between the ages of six and 16, yet a large portion of the population still receives little to no education at all. Dropout rates are high, with only 35 percent of students advancing to secondary school. Canada is considered quite successful in its educational system due to the career-focused programs, curriculum adapted to current events and the needs of the job market and graduates’ high employability rate. Below is a list of a few reasons why you should consider studying in Canada.
- Canada has a really good schooling system- The schooling system in Canada is top-notch. The professors and entire schooling board are always willing to carry you along and ensure you get the best out of your education.
- Canada has a wide range of great universities- In Canada, there is a variety of universities you choose from. Even the rarest course of study is found in 3-4 universities. You would have a variety of options and it would be left for you to pick one that suits you the most.
- Canada is technologically advanced. Canada is a leading country in computer and information technology. Their reputation is only getting greater for excellence in categories such as transportation and engineering, telecommunications, animation; and specifically aerospace, medical devices, advanced software, microelectronics, urban transport, biotechnology. In studying in Canada, odds are that you would really be impressed with how advanced and modern the country is.
- Studying in Canada from Comoros would help you build strong networks. You would be meeting people from diverse backgrounds and communities. By socializing, you are not only learning new things and making new friends, you are also building a network which would benefit you even after you have graduated with housing opportunities down to job opportunities.
- In studying in Canada, you get to live in a bilingual environment. Canada, being a bilingual country would make it easy for you to develop your language skills and boost your prospects for an interesting career.
- In studying in Canada, you would benefit from a world-class education. Canadian college and university diplomas are recognized around the world.
- In studying in Canada, you make yourself available for internships. During school breaks, just by being a student in any of the Canadian universities, you can go and intern in any firms or organizations of your choice.
- By studying in Canada, you gain work experience after you graduate. The Canadian government offers a work program to students who have obtained a diploma from a post-secondary school in Canada and are looking to gain work experience. This is an excellent way to continue to live in Canada while diversifying and developing your professional skills
Types of programs Comoros students can study in Canada
An undergraduate program is a program that allows you to pursue a degree at the first level of higher education at a college or university. Undergraduate students are typically those working to earn a bachelor’s degree
A graduate program is a program that awards advanced academic degrees like the master’s and doctoral degrees, with the general requirement that students must have earned a previous undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree.
A preparatory year is a program designed to prepare you for your first year of higher education. Preparatory year programs often consist of language courses for those who are not native speakers in the language of study. College preparatory programs, often in the form of high school completion or diploma programs can provide a means to higher education, more money, and greater job potential.
A part-time program means studying equivalent half the rate of a student on a full-time course at any Canadian University. This entails studying 60 credits worth of study a year. You will need around 16- 18 hours to study each week.
A full-time program is generally a minimum of twelve credits or about four classes. They are usually somewhere between six and eleven credits or two to three classes. A full-time student spends more time in class than a part-time student.
An online degree is an academic degree (usually a college degree, but sometimes the term includes high school diplomas and non-degree certificate programs) that can be earned primarily or entirely through the use of an Internet-connected computer, rather than attending college in a traditional campus setting.
Cost of studying in Canada from Comoros
The cost for studying in Canada from Comoros as a whole could look scary at first. However, the cost would be broken down in Canadas currency (CAD). The cost of studying in Canada from Comoros are-
- Visa Fees– Of course you would have to pay for your visa to travel to Canada. The average cost for your visa and flight ticket from Comoros to Canada would be about 185 CAD
- Tuition fees- Tuition fees start at around 400 CAD/year for programs in Social Sciences, Art, or Education. Quite a few programs range between 1,000 and 4,000 CAD/year, but the vast majority of them cost over 10,000 CAD/ year.
- The cost of housing– Housing is one of the cheap things in Canada, especially if you are a student with little need for much space. Your housing should cost about 50,000CAD
- Food and groceries Bills- Of course you would definitely need to eat. Food is inexpensive in Canada but you have to consider the amount of money you would pay for food and groceries. In a month, you should estimate about 1,800CAD
- Transportation costs- You would not be needing to move around a lot, but when you do, it should not cost as much, especially when you are studying and working. The minimum amount you can spend on transportation in Canada is 70CAD
- Electricity costs- The government in Canada does not take care of your electricity tariffs. However, the cost of electricity does not cost as much. Electricity costs about 180CAD for a month.
Scholarship for Comoros students in Canada.
There are a lot of scholarship schemes available to Comorosscholarship schemes available to Comoros willing to study in Canada. The top 5 are-
- Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) Scholarship programs- UICC Technical Fellowships (UICC-TF), 2019. This scholarship has partial funding and is open to all nationals except Americans
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Scholarship programs- NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2020- This scholarship has partial funding and is open to citizens and all students in Canada who are studying Engineering, Psychology, Math, Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth sciences, Ecology, Biology
- Financial CAD Corporation Scholarship programs- This scholarship has partial funding and is open to all students in accredited universities.
- Engineering Institute of Technology(EIT). Scholarship programs- EIT International Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is available for all bachelors and master’s students of Science and engineering.
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) Regional Grant and Southeast Asia (SEA) Regional Grant
This grants is provided through special arrangements with the aim of offering tuition support to those students who are interested in studying outside the SEA and CIS regions. They would be chosen on the basis of their submitted personal statement.
- Entrance Scholarship for Academic Excellence
The scholarship value received by the students depends on their admission cumulative grade point average (CGPA). In order to receive continuing scholarship disbursements, you must maintain a CGPA of 2.67. On the other hand, the graduate scholarship recipients must maintain a CGPA of 3.0
- International Student Leader Award
This award is meant for you if you want to contribute to the economic development of your home country.
How to apply for admission in Canada from Comoros
The first step you should take towards studying in Canada is to choose your program and course of study. You must have in mind the program and course of study you intend to run in Canada from Comoros.
The second step you should take is to pick a school you want to study in, and apply. Canada boasts of having a variety of schools. As such, picking a particular school to study in can be a daunting task. Ensure that the school in question offers the program and course which you have chosen.
After you have submitted your application, you would get a letter of acceptance from a Canadian designated learning institution if you get accepted into the school. You can then start the process of leaving to Canada from Comoros to study.
Apply for a Study Permit: With your acceptance letter in hand, you’ll be ready to apply for your study permit. The steps and requirements for getting a study permit have been listed below.
Process your visa and get ready to leave to study in Canada.
Applying for Canada in study visa from Comoros.
After you have been offered admission by any of the schools in Canada, you would need a study permit to leave Comoros to go to Canada for studies. A Canadian Student Visa is called a Canadian Study Permit. If your main reason for coming to Canada from Comoros is to study for more than 6 months, you must apply for a study permit. The study permit would enable you to study at the school you have been offered admission. You should apply to get a study visa before you travel to Canada for your studies. There are certain requirementsrequirements you need to meet before officially applying for a study visa for Canada from Comoros. The documents you need to apply for your study visa are-
- A valid Comoros national passport. The passport must be valid beyond the term of the visa you seek.
- Proof of acceptance into the designated learning institution in Canada
- Proof of funds in your bank account to pay for your tuition fees, and living expenses
- About 4 size passport photographs
- The result of your immigration medical examination
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A letter showing the purpose of travel
If you can meet the criteria in the application process, the student visa permit process should go smoothly for you as a Comoros Citizen. The cost for a study permit would cost about $150 CAD. It usually takes about 15 days for the study permit to be ready. It could take longer when you apply during the beginning of a new academic year. If you have an unconditional letter from an educational institution in Canada, you need to apply for your study visa and permit at least 3 months before you intend to travel to Canada.
Frequently asked questions & brief answers.
Q. What is best time to apply for study in Canada from Comoros?
A. It is usually advised that you apply early to any school of your choice. It is best to apply for admissions into the school of your choice 4 months before the academic year.
Q. How to get scholarship to study in Canada from Comoros?
A. By applying. It is rare to get a scholarship if you do not apply. By applying for scholarships, you can get a scholarship to study in Canada from Comoros.
Q. How to study in Canada after graduation from Comoros?
A. Get all the documents needed ready and apply. You can apply to get another degree or you can choose to further your studies through a master’s program.
Q. Do I need IELTS or TOEFL to study in Canada from Comoros?
A. Yes, you can study in Canada without IELTS as there are many available alternatives offered by Canadian universities to those who don’t have IELTS scores. These alternatives are language proficiency exams like TOEFL, Duolingo English Test CanTEST, PTE, CAEL, CPE, Cambridge English Exams.
Q. Can Comoros students work in Canada while studying?
A. All students are allowed to work while studying in Canada so far they wish to.
Q. Is Canada the best country for Comoros students?
A. Canada has a good history of accepting international students to study in Universities in Canada so far as you meet the requirements for schooling in the university.
In a few years, the education in Comoros would be better, but it would still be nowhere near Canada. Canada has had time to develop and is very tech-savvy. You would totally enjoy schooling there as it would give you an exciting schooling experience. I hope reading this has helped!