Every year, over 721,000 outstanding international students, researchers, scholars, including Croatians choose to study in Canada. Most Croats choose Canada for internationally recognized academic credentials.
In a safe and attractive country, immerse yourself in a unique multicultural setting. Take the first step in achieving your goals. Study in Canada from Croatia.
Clearly, many Canadian universities are highly ranked in international rankings, and the Canadian government is increasingly willing to accept more international students into its higher education institutions. This means that Croatian students are now welcome to pursue their education in Canada.
Moreover, Croatian students in Canada can easily combine an excellent academic life with exciting recreational programs. For those who wish to study abroad, Canada remains the greatest option.
In this article
- Why Study in Canada from Croatia?
- Types of Programs you can Study as Croatia Students in Canada
- Undergraduate Programs
- Masters degree program
- What is Study Permit in Canada?
- How to Apply for Study Permit in Canada from Croatia
- Cost of Studying in Canada from the Croatia
- Visa/Study Permit Fees
- Application Fees
- Tuition Fees
- Cost of Living
- What is a Canadian Study Permit Number?
- Top 10 Scholarships for Croatian Students in Canada
- Steps to apply for admission from Croatia
- English/French language requirements
- Can I Work and Study in Canada as a Croatian Student?
- Is IELTS required to be granted a study permit in Canada as a Croatian applicant?
- Proof of Financial Support requirement for Canadian Study Permits
Why Study in Canada from Croatia?
What are the advantages of studying in Canada for Croatian students? Many! Your experience will shape your life, whether you choose to study in one of the huge, bustling cities or on a small campus in a warm, inviting community.
Also, it might lead to a profession and a future in Canada, or it could lead to greater job opportunities back home or elsewhere in the world.
So, in response to the question, “Why Study in Canada?” The answer entails.
- Access to some of the world’s greatest educational institutions;
- Opportunity to work as an Croatia citizen in Canada;
- Straightforward application process available to Croatia students;
- And a clear and popular path to long-term visa choices for permanent residency in Canada.
Few student visas are as generous as this one. With all of these advantages, For Croatia applicants, Canada should be considered a realistic alternative.
Types of Programs you can Study as Croatia Students in Canada
Students from Croatia who wish to study in Canada must first research the best universities in the province that offer a variety of Undergraduate programs and then select their favorite program. The following universities offer first-year courses:
- Toronto University,
- The University of Alberta (UAlberta)
- Among them are McGill University and a number of others.
Masters degree program
Other postgraduate programs, such as Masters Degrees, are available in Canadian universities for Croatian graduates wishing to continue their master’s study in Canada.
They should look at the best higher education schools in Canada that provide master’s degree programs.
The following programs are available in the Universities and colleges in Canada such as Masters of Business Administration (MBA), masters of science, masters of finance, masters of Administration management and others.
In Canada, like in other countries, the doctorate is usually awarded as a last ‘terminal degree,’ or the greatest level of academic certification a student can earn after completing an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate Master’s degree.
In addition to the typical academic PhD, a variety of doctoral degrees are offered, including professional doctorates such as the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) and Doctor of Education (EdD).
Furthermore, most courses require at least three years of full-time study and research, with some students enrolling for up to six years.
What is Study Permit in Canada?
A Canadian Study Permit is a type of student visa or educational visa issued by Canada. The study permit is a document issued by the Canadian government that allows overseas students from Ireland to study in Canada’s designated learning institutes (DLI).
In order to study in Canada, Croatian nationals must first get a study permission. Before you travel to Canada, you should apply.
What are the requirements for an Croats seeking a student visa in Canada?
As an Croatians citizen, you will need the following documents to apply for a student visa in Canada.
- A valid passport from Ireland is required. (Make sure it’s valid for the duration of the visa you’re applying for)
- Proof of Funds in Croatia.
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution in Canada
- Photographs that are the size of a passport
- An Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is necessary, as is a score on the English Language Proficiency Exam
- A Statement of Purpose for Travel (being to study) is also required.
- Is it necessary to obtain a visa in order to study in Canada for fewer than six months?
As a Croatian citizen, We say no.
How to Apply for Study Permit in Canada from Croatia
You must apply for a study permit before traveling to Canada. Some people can apply for a study permit while they are in Canada.
In rare situations, you may be able to apply for a visa when you arrive in Canada. Make sure you’re aware of all your possibilities.
The following are the steps to apply:
Step 1: Prepare the documents
You must include the following documents with your application:
Admission from the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to attend. In addition to that, you will need a letter of acceptance from a DLI where the approved COVID 19 preparatory plan is established if you are an international student.
All of the following documents are required for the application:
- Confirmation of Acceptance
- Proof of Identity and
- Proof of Financial Assistance.
Also, you may need:
- Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)
- Depositary Declaration (Minor), or
- A letter explaining all the missing documents for COVID19.
Step 2: Start the online application
Whether you are in or outside of Canada, you must apply for your study permit online.
Alternatively, you can also apply by paper if you are unable to apply online due to a disability or a difficulty with the online application.
Cost of Studying in Canada from the Croatia
The cost of studying in Canada includes a variety of expenses, the majority of which are necessary. Here’s a rough estimate of certain costs:
Visa/Study Permit Fees
A visa, sometimes known as a study permit, is a piece of paper that permits you to work in Canada. This visa is distinct from the one that allows you to enter Canada.
If you apply for a study permit, however, you will be granted a temporary travel visa. In Canada, obtaining a study permit costs $150.
To enroll at a Canadian university, you must pay an entrance fee. This fee is deducted from the application’s processing time. Depending on the organization, you might expect to spend anything from $100 to $500.
Tuition costs vary from year to year and are determined by where you live, which university you attend, and which program you enroll in.
According to Statistics Canada, an MBA program costs $ 27,397 a year, an undergraduate degree costs $29,714, and a graduate program costs $17,744.
Cost of Living
To begin, let’s consider the cost of living in Canada. The bulk of international students do not spend much time thinking about these difficulties.
In additional, your cost of living in Canada as a student from the Croatia will vary based on the location or state you live in, but you should budget between $10,000 and $15,500.
What is a Canadian Study Permit Number?
A Canadian Study Permit Number appears on official immigration documents as well as your Croatian passport. For the purpose of research, The letter “F” (for study permission) is commonly printed in black ink, followed by nine numbers.
So, when you receive your Canadian Study Permit, you will be given a Study Permit Number.
Please do not put your application number on any documents that ask for your Study permit number since it will not match your application tracking number (the number you receive when you submit your application for a study permit from Crotia to use to follow the progress of your application).
And, if you are still in Croatia and your official permit has not yet been given, you will need to wait until it is to find out what your actual number is.
Top 10 Scholarships for Croatian Students in Canada
- Arthur F. Church Entrance Scholarships 2021
- UCW Second Language Excellence Scholarship 2021
- The Smooth Movers Scholarship, 2021
- University Of Waterloo – Suncor Emerging Leaders Awards In Engineering In Canada 2021
- UCW MBA Excellence Scholarship For Continuing Students 2021
- University Of Winnipeg -President’s Scholarship For World Leaders 2021
- Conestoga College International Degree Entrance Scholarships 2021
- David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards In Canada 2021
- International Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships At University Of Guelph 2021
- Graduate Student Scholarships Program 2021
Steps to apply for admission from Croatia
Admission requirements vary depending on your home country and current educational level.
To begin, look for precise prerequisites on the institution’s website or program calendar to confirm your course availability.
Second, apply for admission to the college or university and submit all supporting documentation that the institution requires.
Refer to the entrance requirements for the program you’ve chosen.
Third, you must wait for the college or university to process your application after you have applied and sent all of your documentation.
Your application will be processed, when you pay a non-refundable application fee and submit all required documents.
Additionally, as soon as the school makes a decision on your application, you will receive an email. In the mail that you will receive, you will find a letter of acceptance from the university.
Finally, while applying for a visa, you must print and submit your study permission. You can leave your nation to study in Canada if your study permit application is approved.
If your offer is conditional, you must send your transcripts to demonstrate that you have met the requirements for admission.
English/French language requirements
Croatian students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting the results of one of the following evaluation methods at the level relative to their applied program.
Canadian institutions accept these test results from Croatian students.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test (CAEL)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
However, the language requirement of each educational institution is different from the other.
Other requirements include:
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of purpose
Can I Work and Study in Canada as a Croatian Student?
For students from Croatia who intend to study in Canada, there are two types of visas available.
- The SW-1 Visa or Study Permit, which is a Student Work Visa for students who have a mandatory compulsory work, internship, or co-op program as part of their nominated study program.
- All other students in standard education programs who have an optional work or co-op program or none at all are eligible for the S-1 Visa or study permit.
The majority of Croatian students who wish to study in Canada are granted this study permit.
Is IELTS required to be granted a study permit in Canada as a Croatian applicant?
The application for a study permit in Canada does not require IELTS.
However, as a Croatian speaker, you will be required to produce confirmation of your language proficiency in order to be considered for admission to most high-level post-secondary Canadian teaching institutions.
For example, one of the recognized exams is the IELTS. Please inquire about the student application process at your desired college. IELTS requirements for Irish citizens
Proof of Financial Support requirement for Canadian Study Permits
What is the minimum financial requirement for a Croatian student to be granted a student visa in Canada?
All students, including Croatian candidates, must provide proof of financial support during their studies in order to be granted a Canadian student visa.
In dditional, please note that this is required regardless of whether you plan to work part-time to supplement your income while studying in Canada.
Lastly, on top of your tuition expenses, this is now estimated to be CA$10,000 (US$7,650) for each year of your stay (CA$11,000/US$8,400 if you’re applying to study in Quebec).