To Study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea is a dream for so many Equatorial Guinea students. This is due to Canada’s educational standards and quality. You can apply to study at Canadian colleges and universities as a citizen Equatorial Guinea.
Thus, choosing Canada out of all other countries is a great decision, and is really rewarding to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea.
Having a Canadian study permit and Canadian residence will allow you to study and live in Canada as a permanent resident or even as a Canadian citizen.
This article holds information on several aspects with assurance to assist you throughout various application processes.
Such aspects include applying for admissions, scholarships, as well as available study loans and benefits for students who concluded to come to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea.
In this article
- Why Study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea?
- Popular Canadian provinces for Equatorial Guinea students
- Average Tuition Fee for International Students
- Who can sponsor Equatorial Guinea students to Canada
- Study loan for Equatorial Guinea students in Canada
- Programs Available for Equatorial Guinea students who wants to study in Canada
- Undergraduates programs
- Masters degree program
- Doctor of philosophy (PHD)
- How to Apply for Admission in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
- Minimum academic requirements
- English/French language requirements
- Other requirements to apply to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
- Self application vs. use of consultants/representatives
- Scholarship for Students who wants to Study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
- General eligibility for scholarships
- How to apply for scholarship to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
- Applying for Canada Study Visa from Equatorial Guinea
- Study permit Canada requirements
- Study permit Canada document checklist
- Study permit Canada processing time
- Paper vs. online application
Why Study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea?
Canada is well known for a quality education and product of their institutions. This might be another reason for great number of students from Europe, Asia and Africa rushing to Study in Canada.
However, According to the World University ranking, Seven Canada Universities claimed a top position among other 200 standard Universities mentioned.
Canada offers a wide range of Educational institutions like Universities, colleges and vocational schools, Technical schools and Nursing schools, this gives Students who wish to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea a multiple choice options on his or her most preferred area of study.
Equatorial Guinea citizen as a students in Canada enjoys the ability to work during the duration of the course and this opportunity will expose one to acquisition of the necessary work experiences and development ones abilities.
In the process of studying, Students can be earning a huge amount of money which will help him/her to sustain his needs. Not every country will give students such opportunity to work an study with demanding for extra work permit.
Popular Canadian provinces for Equatorial Guinea students
This provinces have always been the preferred provinces for Canadian immigrants,
- British Columbia
Average Tuition Fee for International Students
Of course, you must pay your tuition fee before you can begin studies in Canada as a student from Equatorial Guinea.
For this reason, you need to budget between CAD $13,000 to CAD $22,000 if you are applying to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea.
As regards to graduate programs, you need to set aside an amount ranging from CAD $9,000 to CAD $22,000 in order to enroll in masters, MBA, as well as PhD programs of study.
Furthermore, you are required to keep not less than CAD $10,000, which is the minimum personal support amount in Canada. This fund serves as your living expenses when you get to Canada.
Who can sponsor Equatorial Guinea students to Canada
Indeed, your parents, guardian, family member, relative, spouse, common-law partner, as well as your employer can provide money to support for your study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea.
Study loan for Equatorial Guinea students in Canada
Equatorial Guinea students are certainly among the nationalities eligible for some international student loans in Canada.
As a result, you can apply for popular study loans such as RBC Student Line for Credit, as well as MPOWER Financing. These student loans can fit the financial needs of Equatorial Guinea students who wants to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea.Study in Canada from El savador
Programs Available for Equatorial Guinea students who wants to study in Canada
To Study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea,there are so many choices of programs and courses which may be of interest to any international students in Canada. Canada has one of the best Universities and colleges which is capable of training one under any program.
There are so many programs in Canada for international students such as Undergraduate programs, MBA, masters degree program and P.H.D.
However Students who wants to study in Canada to from Equatorial Guinea to secure international jobs may consider programs below:
Students who wants to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea should observe the top Universities that offer many courses in Undergraduate programs. The following top Universities offer courses on first degree;
Masters degree program
Equatorial Guinea students who wants to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea for master’s program should check the best higher institutions in Canada for masters degree program.
The following programs are available in the Universities in Canada such as Masters of Business Administration, masters of finance, masters of science, masters of Administration management and so on.
Doctor of philosophy (PHD)
Universities in Canada can also admit post – graduates who wants to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea schools.
Doctoral students must complete at least 54 credit hours during a three-year full-time program prior to the dissertation year.
How to Apply for Admission in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
For the most part, incomplete applications for academic admissions to Canada are delayed and returned to applicants. Thus, you have to reapply for the admission, which takes more time.
Without doubts, information on this segment will guide you in apply for admission via the right way.
Minimum academic requirements
Indeed, you are required to have good academic standing in order to receive an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.
For this purpose, it is compulsory for you to have completed high school grade 12 if you intend registering for undergraduate studies in Canada. You also need an admissions average not below 70%.
If you wish to enrol for a graduate program in Canada, it is essential for you to have initially completed a degree program of at least 3 years.
English/French language requirements
Fundamentally, language proficiency tests are helpful to IRCC and Canadian institutions in assessing foreign applicants’ English/French skills levels as regards to speaking, reading, writing and listening.
However, the following tests are recognized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Canadian post-secondary institutions for applications.
English language tests for proficiency levels
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Duolingo English Test
- Michigan English Test
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
French language tests for proficiency levels
- Test d’Evaluation de Français Canada (TEF)
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada (TCF)
Other requirements to apply to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
- Curriculum vitae or resume: You need to prepare a CV/resume in order to summarize your academic history.
- Academic recommendation or reference letter: You can get a letter of recommendation from your teacher or coach in Panama.
- Letter of Intent (LOI): Also known as Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Intent is required to explain your reasons to study in Canada in 500 words/1 page.
Self application vs. use of consultants/representatives
In spite that you can apply for admission to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea on your own, you may also pay a representative to do the whole thing for you.
Hence, you can involve a representative such as an educational consultant by mentioning him/her or the consultancy company in the use of a representation form.
In addition, it is recommended to use a representative due to their experience and accreditation.
Scholarship for Students who wants to Study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
There are many Programs on ground to sponsor Equatorial Guinea Students.
These scholarship programs are designed to sponsor, support and help ameliorate certain burdening expenditures associated with abroad study.
Virtually every year, the Canadian government in partnership with various universities and private agencies in the country offers high paying scholarship programmes to International students in which Equatorial Guinea students and students from other developing countries in Africa are beneficiaries.
This is in their long-standing efforts to foster development in Africa and to help lift Africa out of the scourge of poverty and backwardness.
The following are the programs;
- The Leakey Foundation-Franklin Mosher Baldwin Memorial Fellowships
- University of Alberta Scholarships
- Graduate Fellowships
- The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) Undergraduate Research Award in Canada
- University of Toronto- Petro Jacky visiting Scholars Programme in Canada
- British Columbia University Neporany Doctoral Fellowship in Canada
- International Brain Research Organization (IBRO)’s African Regional Committee (ARC) Bursaries
- Laval University’s Hydro Quebec admission scholarship in Canada
- York University’s VISTA Masters Scholarships Canada
- Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership Scholarships in Canada
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Fellowships– Canada
- United Nations University INWEH Postdoctoral Fellowship – Canada
- Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) in Canada
- Trent University’s International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards in Canada
- Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) Dick Martin Scholarship Award
General eligibility for scholarships
Truly, many entrance scholarships do not require you to apply before you can get it.
On the other hand, other scholarships have a number of requirements that needs to be satisfied prior to sending any application.
Such requirements include;
- Least admissions/entrance average of 70%
- Commitment to student union, community development services, etc.
How to apply for scholarship to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea
Of course, there is no particular method of applying for scholarships to cut down cost to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea.
However, most scholarships in Canada require the steps below for a successful application.
- Firstly, check official sources for information on eligible countries, as well as for the scholarship’s requirements.
- Secondly, apply for scholarship based on instructions
- Thirdly, promptly submit all required documents
- Above all, wait to receive response on your application
Applying for Canada Study Visa from Equatorial Guinea
Of course, all international students in Canada, including students from Equatorial Guinea applied for a student permit before they could come to Canada.
Study permit Canada requirements
You need to fulfill some conditions in order to be eligible to apply for Canada’s study permit.
- Your present age shouldn’t be less than 18 or greater than 35
- You must have recently received a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from a Canadian college or university recognized by IRCC.
- Besides, a clearance certificate is required from the police.
- Moreover, one or more proof of fund(s) is required to show that you have the finance to cover for all expenses involved.
- Furthermore, a medical exam is necessary to prove your state of health.
- Additionally, you need to show a copy of your flight ticket (round-trip) to the visa officer in order to prove your willingness to leave Canada after your study permit expires.
As a matter of fact, you are expected to make an application fee payment of CAD $150 as study permit Canada fees.
Study permit Canada document checklist
Ensure that you already have the following documents before applying for a Canadian study permit.
- Equatorial Guinean passport (must be valid throughout the application process)
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution
- Academic letter of reference
- Letter of Intent (LOI)/Letter of Explanation (LOE)
- Exam results of a valid English or French language proficiency
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME) report
- Two passport-sized photos
- Clearance certificate from police
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or résumé
- Flight ticket to Canada (round-trip)
- Proof of Funds (POF), which includes bank statements, GIC, etc
- Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (If applicable)
Study permit Canada processing time
Indeed, study permit for students who are applying to study in Canada from Equatorial Guinea takes up to 6 weeks for processing.
Paper vs. online application
Without doubts, you should know that online application is the best and most convenient method of doing registrations online.
Regarding paper and online application of Canada’s study permit, IRCC prefers to receive applications online compared to paper.
Therefore, you can attempt paper application only if online application is nonfunctional for you.