Every year, over 600,000 international students apply for admission and a visa to study in Canada. Irish undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply to study in Canada from Ireland. This is due to the high standard of education offred by Canadian universities and colleges.
Studying in Canada stands out among the many possibilities for studying outside of Ireland for a variety of reasons.
We will be looking at how you can achieve your dream of studying in canada from Ireland.
We will also provide an in-depth guide on how to handle the process of studying in Canada, including costs, tuition, admissions, visas, and study permits.
In this article
- Why Study in Canada from Ireland
- Types of programs you can study as Irish Students in Canada
- What is the definition of a study permit in Canada?
- Cost of Studying in Canada from the Ireland
- Visa/Study Permit Fees
- Application Fees
- Tuition Fees
- Cost of Living
- Top 10 Scholarships for Irish Students in Canada
- How to Apply for Study Permit in Canada from Ireland
- Step 1: Prepare the documents
- Step 2: Start the online application
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Study in Canada from Ireland
Canada has one of the world’s most favorable immigration policies. This level of openness for Irish persons seeking entrance, permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship is unparalleled. The Canadian Study Permit program, as well as the avenues to Canadian residency for you and your family, are no exception.
Aside from the fact that the Canadian education system is among the greatest in the world, studying in Canada provides you with permanent residency options after graduation. This implies you can permanently relocate from Ireland to Canada if you so desire.
However, you don’t have to wait until after you finish to reap the benefits of studying in Canada; as an Iraqi citizen, you can work part-time in Canada while pursuing your studies under the Study Permit!
This option not only gives you international experience and a way to support yourself financially, but it also earns you extra credit points toward attaining permanent residency in Canada after graduation if you want to do so through the Canada Experience Program.
So, in response to the question, “Why Study in Canada?” The solution entails
- Access to some of the world’s greatest educational institutions;
- Opportunity to work as an Irish citizen in Canada;
- Straightforward application process available to Irish students;
- And a clear and popular path to long-term visa choices for permanent residency in Canada.
Few student visas are as generous as this one. With all of these advantages, For Irish applicants, Canada should be considered a realistic alternative.Study in Canada from Seychelles
Types of programs you can study as Irish Students in Canada
A diploma is a document provided by an educational institution to show that a student has completed a course of study, such as a vocational and training institution, community colleges, and some colleges and universities.
Some Irish students begin their studies in Canada with certificate programs as a means of preparing for higher education.
A diploma certificate also shows that you have a thorough understanding of a subject. By presenting your certificate on your CV and displaying your skill level to potential clients and employers, you can improve your work prospects.
It normally takes 12 to 18 months of full-time education to complete and receive a diploma.
Every year, a large number of Irish students come to Canada to begin undergraduate degree programs at a variety of universities and colleges. Depending on the course and specialisation, a full-time bachelor’s degree program in Canada lasts four years.
Universities often award degree programs to qualified Nigerian students. Colleges often offer associate degrees, whereas other schools typically offer skill-oriented diplomas and certificates.
Irish students studying in Canadian schools are interested in master’s degree programs. A master’s degree is awarded to students who have completed postgraduate level education in a specific field of study or area of professional practice and exhibited a high level of competence during the process.
Students who get a master’s degree have completed advanced coursework in their field of study.
This program, which takes one to two years to complete, is open to students with a bachelor’s degree. The majority of Irish students complete their Masters program in 1-2 years.
MBA has long been considered one of the top degrees to pursue when studying abroad in Ireland.
The majority of Irish MBA aspirants prefer to work in a foreign country, particularly in the study abroad location.
An MBA opens you more job opportunities and exposes you to a wide business network, as well as new skills and information and a thorough awareness of the business world.
More than 40% of CEOs of Fortune 500 companies have earned an MBA. While a small percentage of MBA graduates return to Ireland in search of greener pastures or to run family businesses, the vast majority remain in Canada to work.
The doctorate is normally granted as a last ‘terminal degree,’ or the highest level of academic accreditation a student can obtain after finishing an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate Master’s degree in Canada, as it is in other countries.
A number of doctoral degrees are available, including professional doctorates such as the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) and Doctor of Education, in addition to the typical academic PhD. (EdD).
The majority of courses involve at least three years of full-time study and research, with some students enrolling for as long as six years.
What is the definition of a study permit in Canada?
A Canadian Study Permit is a type of student visa or educational visa issued by Canada. The study permit is a document issued by the Canadian government that allows overseas students from Ireland to study in Canada’s designated learning institutes (DLI). In order to study in Canada, Irish nationals must first get a study permission. Before you travel to Canada, you should apply.
What are the requirements for an Irish national seeking a student visa in Canada?
As an Irish citizen, you will need the following documents to apply for a student visa in Canada.
- A valid passport from Ireland is required. (Make sure it’s valid for the duration of the visa you’re applying for)
- Proof of Funds in Ireland.
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution in Canada (see below for the minimum funds requirements)
- Photographs that are the size of a passport
- An Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is necessary, as is a score on the English Language Proficiency Exam
- A Statement of Purpose for Travel (being to study) is also required.
Is it necessary to obtain a visa in order to study in Canada for fewer than six months?
As an Irish citizen, I say no.
Cost of Studying in Canada from the Ireland
The cost of studying in Canada includes a variety of expenses, the majority of which are necessary. Here’s a rough estimate of certain costs:
Visa/Study Permit Fees
A visa, sometimes known as a study permit, is a document that allows you to work in Canada. This visa is not to be confused with the one that permits you to enter Canada.
You will, however, be awarded a temporary travel visa if you apply for a study permit. The cost of a study permit in Canada is $150.
You must pay an admissions fee, to enroll at a Canadian university. This cost is applied to the application’s processing. You should anticipate to pay between $100 and $500 depending on the institution.
The cost of tuition varies from year to year, depending on where you reside, which institution you attend, and which program you enroll in.
According to Statistics Canada, the average annual cost of an MBA program is $ 27,397, an undergraduate degree is $29,714, and a graduate program is $17,744.
Cost of Living
To begin, we’d like to look at the cost of living in Canada. The majority of overseas students do not devote much effort to contemplating these issues.
As a student from the Czech Republic, your cost of living in Canada will vary depending on the city or state you live in, but you should spend between $10,000 and $15,500.
Top 10 Scholarships for Irish Students in Canada
The following is a list of the top ten scholarships available in Canada for Irish students:
- Arthur F. Church Entrance Scholarships 2021
- UCW Second Language Excellence Scholarship 2021
- The Smooth Movers Scholarship, 2021
- University Of Waterloo – Suncor Emerging Leaders Awards In Engineering In Canada 2021
- UCW MBA Excellence Scholarship For Continuing Students 2021
- University Of Winnipeg -President’s Scholarship For World Leaders 2021
- Conestoga College International Degree Entrance Scholarships 2021
- David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards In Canada 2021
- International Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships At University Of Guelph 2021
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, 2021
How to Apply for Study Permit in Canada from Ireland
Before coming to Canada, you must apply for a study permit. During their stay in Canada, some people can apply for a study permit.
In rare situations, you may be able to apply for a visa when you arrive in Canada. Make sure you’re aware of all your possibilities.
The steps to apply are as follows:
Step 1: Prepare the documents
You must include the following documents with your application:
- Admission from the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to attend. You will need a letter of acceptance from a DLI where the approved COVID 19 preparatory plan is established if you are an international student.
All of the following documents are required for the application:
- Confirmation of Acceptance
- Proof of Identity and
- Proof of Financial Assistance.
Also, you may need:
- Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)
- Depositary Declaration (Minor), or
- A letter explaining all the missing documents for COVID19.
Step 2: Start the online application
- You must apply for your study permit online, whether you are in or outside of Canada.
If you are unable to apply online owing to a handicap or an issue with the online application, you can also apply by paper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to obtain permanent residency in Canada after studying in Canada for two years?
Yes, you certainly can. Through the Canadian Experience Class program.
When will my study permit be up for renewal?
Your study permission is valid for 90 days following the completion of your course.
This is true even if you finish your course ahead of schedule. Even if your visa is still valid after that, it is 90 days from the day of graduation.
If your studies are not completed by the time your study permit expires, you must follow the instructions on this website to extend your study permit or convert it to a different pathway to Canada from Ireland.
How much does the Canadian Student Permit Extension cost?
The cost of extending your study visa is the same as it was when you first applied, which is $150 Canadian per person.