Of course, many benefits result from applying to study in Canada from Jordan.
Besides, leaving family, friends, and relatives to Canada for educational purposes will not only have strong effects on your career but also on your student life and international experience.
If you still doubt what is in for you when you apply for admission to study in Canada from Jordan, this article will attend to all your concerns.
As a matter of fact, it will provide you with guidelines on how you can convert from being a Jordanian student to an international student in Canada.
Other areas covered in this article include the cost of tuition, student loan, scholarship, study permit, as well as admission eligibility requirements to study in Canada from Jordan.
In this article
- Why Study in Canada from Jordan?
- Types of Programs Jordanian students can study in Canada
- Cost of Studying in Canada from Jordan
- Average tuition fee for international students
- Minimum personal support amount in Canada
- Who can sponsor Jordanian students to Canada
- Study loan for Jordanian students in Canada
- Other costs to think about to study in Canada from Jordan
- Scholarship for Jordanian students in Canada
- General eligibility for scholarships
- Organizations that offer scholarships to Jordanian students in Canada
- How to apply for a scholarship to study in Canada from Jordan
- Full vs. partially funded scholarships
- How to apply for admission in Canada from Jordan
- Minimum academic requirements
- Academic requirements for undergraduate students
- Academic requirements for graduate studies
- English/French language requirements
- Other requirements
- Steps to apply for admission from Jordan
- Self-application vs. use of consultants/representatives
- Applying for a Canada study visa from Jordan
- Study permit Canada requirements
- Study permit Canada fees
- Study permit Canada document checklist
- Study permit Canada processing time
Why Study in Canada from Jordan?
Indeed, choosing Canada as your country of study is a good choice. Here are some of the reasons Jordanian students arrive to study in Canada from Jordan.
- To begin with, Jordanian students are availed of various immigration programs that pave the way to becoming permanent residents and citizens of Canada.
Moreover, your family members can benefit from these programs in the long run in order to live and work permanently in Canada.
- Secondly, the university education system in Canada is superb with access to financial aids and student financing.
- Thirdly, Jordanian students in Canada are allowed to work part-time or full-time for a Canadian employer.
These include 20 hours weekly or 40 hours weekly respectively when the school is currently running an academic session or is on a break.
- Fourthly, discrimination or xenophobia does not exist in Canada. Thus, it will be easy to integrate with the community, as well as to make friends among Canada’s citizens.
- Fifthly, you will not experience so much difficulty finding a job in Canada because job offers are open to Jordanian students as well.
- Finally, you can gain Canadian work experience through co-op programs offered by the colleges and universities in Canada.
Types of Programs Jordanian students can study in Canada
Here are academic programs offered by Canada’s post-secondary institutions to Jordanian students.
- Undergraduate programs: These include BA, B.Sc, BBA, B.Eng., etc., across thousands of disciplines.
Furthermore, these programs usually last for 3 to 4 years with a valid Canadian study permit.
- Diploma programs: Indeed, there are various diploma programs in Canada, which includes undergraduate diploma, graduate diploma, as well as advanced diploma programs.
- Masters: These are postgraduate degree programs normally taken after graduation from a bachelor’s degree program.
Moreover, Master’s degree programs are available in wide-ranging fields of study, including art, public health, accounting, fine art, architecture, public administration, etc.
- MBA: Master in Business Administration is a professional degree awarded to students with advanced proficiency and knowledge in business management.
Besides, studying for MBA degree programs usually takes up to two (2) years.
- Ph.D.: Also referred to as Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D. programs require you to partake in several kinds of research, as well as a defense of your thesis.
However, studying Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Canada takes not less than three (3) years of study.
Cost of Studying in Canada from Jordan
Have you been curious and intending to ask, “How much does it cost to study in Canada from Jordan?” This would be the least of your concerns in a few minutes.
Average tuition fee for international students
The following are the average costs of various programs offered by the colleges and universities in Canada to Jordanian students.
|Canadian Dollars (CAD $)||Jordanian Dinars (JOD)|
|Undergraduate (BA, B.Sc, B.Eng, BBA, etc)||9,000 to 20,000||5,170 to 11,485|
7,000 to 21,000
24,000 to 32,000
8,000 to 15,000
4,020 to 12,060
13,780 to 18,375
4,595 to 8,615
Minimum personal support amount in Canada
Aside from all other costs, you need to dedicate at least CAD $10,000 (5,740 JOD) as your minimum amount.
Who can sponsor Jordanian students to Canada
As a Jordanian student with the intention to apply for study in Canada from Jordan, the following people can sponsor your education in a Canadian college or university.
- Either or both parents
- Any member of the family
Study loan for Jordanian students in Canada
Students who came to study in Canada from Jordan can surely apply to get student loans from private lenders such as MPOWER Financing.
Indeed, MPOWER Financing is among the best study loans available for Jordanian students.
Its benefits include;
- Credit history not needed
- No involvement of consignor
- Student loan up to $100,000 Canadian Dollars with discounted interest rates
- Fixed-rate interest
- Loan available to pay for any semester or academic year’s tuition
- Support letters to apply for a visa (serves as proof of fund)
Other costs to think about to study in Canada from Jordan
Below are the estimated additional fees you need to pay to study in Canada as a Jordanian student.
|Canadian Dollars (CAD $)||Jordanian Dinars (JOD)|
|Flight from Amman, Jordan to Toronto, Canada||–||1,092|
|Student fees, including student services, association fee, fitness & recreation fee, among others.||540||310|
|Housing (double occupancy)||1,500||860|
|Health insurance fee||200||115|
|Books & supplies||650||373.50|
Scholarship for Jordanian students in Canada
Undoubtedly, you are eligible to get a scholarship in Canada as a Jordanian student.
General eligibility for scholarships
In most cases, the general eligibility requirement to apply for a scholarship in Canada is simply attaining a minimum entrance average of 70%.
Organizations that offer scholarships to Jordanian students in Canada
The following are organizations that avail scholarships to Jordanian students who are undergoing study in Canada.
- The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- DNP Foundation for Cultural Promotion
- The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Rotary Foundation
How to apply for a scholarship to study in Canada from Jordan
On the whole, you will be considered for entrance scholarships automatically based on your entrance average.
Moreover, you can apply for other scholarships by;
- checking scholarship’s website for application procedures and requirements
- applying before the scholarship’s deadline for the academic term
- waiting to get a response on your application
Full vs. partially funded scholarships
Without doubts, the difference between fully funded and partially funded scholarships is apparent in their names.
Thus, fully funded scholarships are financial aids that cover all costs of your education.
Besides, there are various kinds of partially funded scholarships. Some of them cover your upkeep and not tuition while some fund a specific amount that is useable to pay part of your tuition fee.
How to apply for admission in Canada from Jordan
Of course, we want to help you in applying for admission into your choice of undergraduate or graduate program in Canada.
Minimum academic requirements
Indeed, undergraduates and graduate students in Jordan need to meet different academic requirements in Canada.
Academic requirements for undergraduate students
- High school diploma certificate with official transcript. Besides, you must score not less than “C” in Tawjihi – General Secondary Certificate Examination (GSCE).
- Entrance average not less than 70%
Academic requirements for graduate studies
As a graduate of Jordan University of Science & Technology, Yarmouk University, Jadara University, Jerash University, Tafila Technical University, etc., you must meet the following requirements to qualify for postgraduate study in Canada from Jordan.
- Certificate and official transcript received from a Jordanian college or university
English/French language requirements
Undoubtedly, Jordanian students will not be accepted to study in Canada from Jordan without fulfilling the language requirement in either English or French.
Hence, you can submit valid results of one of the following language tests.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment
- TCF – Test de Connaissance du Français Canada
- TEF – Test d’Evaluation de Français Canada
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
- Cambridge Assessment English test (C1 Advanced/C2 Proficiency)
- Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTEST)
- Michigan English Test
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Duolingo English Test
- Letter of reference or recommendation: A reference letter from your teacher may be required as an endorsement of your abilities and attributes.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): Also referred to as a letter of intent, SOP provides brief information about your passion, career, objectives, among others.
Steps to apply for admission from Jordan
As a Jordanian student, you can adhere to the steps below in order to get a letter of acceptance for study in Canada from Jordan.
- Decide on an academic program that you feel is suitable for your career goals.
- Get documents needed to apply to study in Canada from Jordan. These documents include your Jordanian passport, language test result, IME report, educational certificates, etc.
- Log on to Canadian colleges and universities’ websites to check for the program, as well as its specific requirements.
- Apply and pay for application online via a debit card.
- Give time for decision
- Apply for Canada’s study visa through the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Jordan.
- Leave Jordan to start studying in Canada.
Self-application vs. use of consultants/representatives
Generally speaking, it is advisable to apply to study in Canada from Jordan through the services of an educational consultant or representative. Of course, you can find many of them in Jordan.
The major reason why you need to hire an educational consultant is that they are accredited and experienced in assisting Jordanian students in joining an academic program in Canada.
However, you need to get the use of a representation form, which helps to name the educational consultant as your representative.
Here are some Jordanian educational consultants that can represent you.
- Reach Study Abroad
Address: 806-8th floor, 314 Zahran Street Al Husseini Group Commercial Building-between 7th-8th Circle – Amman – Jordan
Phone number: +962 7 9767 2776
- Global Vision for Academic Services – Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 581 4936
- Bridge International for Academic Services
Phone number: +962 6 581 0137
Applying for a Canada study visa from Jordan
Read this area to gain knowledge on study permit applications and requirements as regards Jordanian students.
Study permit Canada requirements
Of course, a number of requirements must be taken into account in order to qualify for study permit application in Canada.
Therefore, here are the requisites to apply for Canada’s study permit.
- Firstly, a Designated Learning Institution must have sent you an acceptance letter to resume for study.
- Secondly, you need to show financial ability to pay for your tuition, upkeep, as well as for your flights.
- Thirdly, you must prove to be law-abiding in Canada by tendering a clearance certificate.
- Fourthly, it is necessary for you to prove medical admissibility by using an IME report to show your current health status.
- Above all, you need to indicate that you are prepared to leave Canada when your study permit expires. A round-trick flight ticket can help you handle this requirement.
Study permit Canada fees
Without a doubt, you mostly need to pay for applications and processing before you can get authorization to study in Canada from Jordan.
Thus, CAD $150 (85 JOD) must be paid online in order to apply for a Canadian study permit.
Study permit Canada document checklist
Here are brief descriptions of the documents needed to apply for Canada’s study permit as a Jordanian student.
- Jordan passport: As your traveling document, your passport must be valid all through your period of study.
- Two (2) passport photos: Should be clear with your name and date of birth legibly written on the back of both photos.
- English or French language test score: Result must be valid and should not have surpassed two (2) years from its issue date.
- Letter of acceptance: A Designated Learning Institution must have issued the letter to you.
- Police certificate
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME) report: Should indicate your present health conditions.
- Proof of Funds (POF): This document serves as evidence to IRCC that you have enough money to complete your education in Canada.
For this purpose, you need to make provision of your tuition and accommodation receipt, bank account information (Canadian), bank draft in CAD $, recent account statement, documents for a study loan, scholarship document, or Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC).
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): Often referred to as letter of intent or explanation, SOP is a crucial document that expresses your need of a Canadian study permit to the visa officer.
- Certificat d’acceptation du Québec / Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): This is an essential credential for Jordanian students who needs study permit to enroll for a program in Québec province.
- Round-trip flight ticket to Canada
Study permit Canada processing time
Ultimately, the time it takes to process a Canadian study permit with IRCC may take up to 14 weeks.
Paper vs. online application
If you are meditating whether to use paper or online application for your study permit, keep in mind that Government of Canada strictly recommends international students, including Jordanians to apply online.
Therefore, you need not to consider paper application.
Study visa application offices in Jordan
Below is the address and contact information of the visa application office in Jordan.
- VFS Global
Address: Galleria Mall, Abd Ar-Rahim Al-Hajj Muhammad Street, Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 400 1004