Study in Canada from Lithuania – 2023-23 Guide
Studying in Canada is one of the best things Lithuanian students have found and never relent in choosing to study in Canada from Lithuania. Read on if you intend to apply in 2023-23 and beyond.
On the same hand, Lithuanians see travelling to Canada for studies as a great opportunity for Lithuanian students. This is because of multiple benefits that are available for them in Canada.
Hence, they make studying in Canada a priority to explore those benefits which are the most exciting part of it, such as working while studying, permanent residence and lots. Therefore, the only easy way is studying in Canada from Lithuania.
Despite that, education in Canada provides Lithuanian students with a great access to obtain better and useful knowledge which can make them employable in the whole world mostly in Canada as they can settle and work after graduation from Canadian university
In this article, we are going to cover the reasons to study in Canada from Lithuania, the cost of tuition fee, requirements to study in Canada and other necessary things you need to know as you get yourself ready to study in Canada because Canada is ready to welcome you as it is a home of study to many people from different parts of the world
Why do Lithuanians go to Study in Canada?
Lithuanians go to study in Canada for certain reasons and benefits which are stated below.
- Lithuanians can stay back in Canada after graduation and work if they have work permit
- There are numerous job opportunities for Lithuanians in Canada unlike their country.
- In Canada, they are opportuned to get a quality and highly valued education qualification.
- Unlike Lithuania where cost of education is high and uneven, Canada has affordable education for international students.
- A Lithuania who come to study in Canada has chances to study under scholarship
- Apart from getting job after graduation in Canada, you can still work while studying in Canada
- Canada offers Lithuanians with multicultural experiences as they are being exposed to different cultures of the country.
- Lithuanians receive top class education delivers by Canadian education
- Canadian education exposes Lithuanian students to innovative and abundant Research opportunities
- Moving to Canada is easier with a study visa than for other Immigration purposes.
- Campus life style is very exciting in Canada and will be good for Lithuanians to experience it.
- There is a healthier and safer environment to study in Canada than in other countries.
Programs Lithuania Students can Study in Canada
Lithuanians come to Canada to study One program or the other. However the list of the programs they can study in Canada are.
- Undergraduate or bachelor’s program
- Diploma program
- Masters program
- Doctorate degree program.
Canada undergraduate program or postsecondary program is a program that Lithuanians can do after high school in Lithuania or any other country. This program can take a minimum of three years to study in Canada. Though, the duration of this program depends on the course of your study.
Diploma Programs in Canada
Diploma program can take a minimum of one year to study. This program may be required for a student from Lithuania to change from one course to another or to update result in order to meet up with the requirement for the program of choice
Moreover, colleges and universities give diploma and certificate programs as their primary activity, while some offer degrees in areas of specialization.
Master’s Degree program in Canada for Lithuanians
A master’s degree programme in Canada for Lithuanians typically requires two or more years to study. This is after a successful completion of bachelor’s degree or diploma.
MBA is Masters in business administration. It is a professional course Lithuania students can do in Canada. You will do an MBA program for two years, after which you can work in Canada or return to Lithuania depending on the kind of visa you have.
Doctorate degree programs or PhD
This program is the highest academic attainment one can acquire. Before you can proceed for a doctorate in Canada, you will first of all finish your master’s degree in the field of your study. This program can take you a minimum of two years to study in Canada.Study in Canada from Nauru
Process of Applying for Admission in Canada from Lithuania
Students from Lithuania can apply to study in Canada by getting a Canadian study permit.
Study permit is a document which Immigration, refugee and citizenship Canada IRCC issue that allows international students to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada.
Study permit validity Duration
Study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days depending on the school that admits you and their study condition. The 90 days is for you to prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your visa.
Documents required for Canadian study permit
Before you get your study permit, you have to present some requirements and meet up with certain conditions to get a Canadian study permit. Requirements are:
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution in Canada [DLI]
- Proof of Funds which is CA$10,000
- Passport Size Photographs.
- An Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score or French.
- Statement of Purpose for Travel (being to study)
- Credit Card
- An original Lithuania passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry in Canada. It must have 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Duly completed and signed visa application form.
- Original birth certificate and a letter of authorization from both parents are also needed.
- A valid means of the ID of both parents is also important.
- Three passport-size photographs (4.5 x 3.5 cm) taken on a white background.
- Complete travel document.
- Proof of accommodation in Canada.
- Onward or return ticket.
- Documentation showing applicant’s ties to Lithuania
- A report of good conduct from a police station in Lithuania showing the traveler does not have a criminal record.
- Medical insurance that covers the entire duration of stay.
- Documentation confirming the purpose of travel.
Study Permit Canada Document checklist
- Letter of acceptance from a DLI.
- Proof of payment of tuition fee for your first year of study.
- Proof of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) payment (certificate/letter of attestation)
- Official score reports of TOEFL, IELTS, GRE/GMAT to be sent by ETS.
Study Permit Canada Processing time
To study in Canada from Lithuania, you need to start processing for your Canada study permit which should be quiet earlier in order to have enough time to finish up the processes that are involved. Normally it will take you three months earlier to start processing for a Canada study permit from Gambia.
Paper versus online application
You can apply for a visa either online or on paper. It is better to apply online by visiting the website of immigration, refugee and citizenship Canada IRCC.
However, you can apply on paper. If you apply on paper, you must present your documentation at a visa application center in Lithuania. Irrespective of how you apply for a visa, your biometrics will be taken at the visa application center.
You should know that you will be asked to come for a visa interview after your application is reviewed, depending on your condition.
Lithuanian students may be required to give biometrics as part of the visa application process; biometrics are additional forms of identification (such as fingerprinting and photographs) that countries utilize for security reasons.
How to check status for visa application
To check the status of your visa application, you need to visit the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. It means you will need to set up an account with the IRCC.
Canadian embassy address in Lithuania
- Street AddressBusiness Centre 2000, Jogailos St. 4, 7th Floor, Vilnius 01116,
- LithuaniaTelephone370 (5) 249-0950Fax370 (5) 249-7865
- [email protected]://www.Canada.ca/Canada-And-
- LithuaniaFacebookEmbassy of Canada to
- LithuaniaTwitterEmbassy of Canada to Lithuania: @CanadaLithuania
Cost of Studying in Canada from Lithuania
To study in Canada from Lithuania will take you some amount of money based on the type of program you want to do and the province, university you choose to do your program in. Therefore, the cost according to programs are
- Undergraduate program CA$13,000 to CA$20,000
- Postgraduate master’s degree CA$17,000 to CA$25,000
- Doctoral degree CA $7,000 to CA$15,000
- MBA CA$30,000 to CA$40,000
Proof of fund a Lithuanian students should have
Students who study in Canada from Lithuania are expected to have the minimum personal support of about CA$10,000 plus cost of tuition for at least 1 year.
Cost of Canada study permit
To study in Canada from Lithuania, you need to obtain a Canadian study permit, which serves as a student visa for the duration of your stay. You do not need a Canadian study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less. Applying for a study permit costs CA$150.Study in Canada from Bahrain
Scholarships to Study in Canada for Lithuanians
If you are looking for scholarships to fund your program. You can always find scholarships to study as well as conduct your research in Canada.
Some of the scholarships in Canada are awarded by
- Canadian governments
- non-governmental organizations
- Institutes in Canada.
Eligibility for scholarships in Canada
The eligibility to get a scholarship in Canada varies. This is because some scholarship organizations or institutes may require an academic performance while some personal essays or references. Yet, others may be offered based on financial needs or academic excellence, extracurricular activities etc.
Full and Partially funded scholarship
There are full and partial scholarships. While full scholarships pay the whole cost of studying per year, partial scholarships take care of some fees while the student takes care of the remaining fees.
In conclusion, having known how beautiful and beneficial it is to study in Canada from Lithuania, you can now consider making your application to enroll in Canadian universities during this academic session.
Can my spouse or common-law partner sponsor me to study in Canada?
- Yes, if they meet up with the requirements.
What is the best time to apply for studies in Canada from Lithuania?
- The admission process starts from September/October with the deadline usually in January/February. So between March and May, the university sends their response. Therefore, between May and June, you are required to apply for and obtain your student visa to Canada.
Is Canada the best country to study from Lithuania?
- Yes, of course. Going by the standards of top countries in the world, Canada is one of the cheapest and most affordable countries in the world. So Canada is the best place to study.
What is the Application Fee for Admission in Canada?
- The application fees fluctuate from institution to institution. Nonetheless, you can budget between CAD$95 to CAD$180