You become what you love. If you are a lover of good education and are willing to go to lengths to get it, then going to a Canadian school should be the best bet for you. In this article, you would get reasons you should consider studying in Canada from Montenegro, the cost of studying in Canada from Montenegro, the scholarship opportunities that may be open to you, the requirements, and all you need to know about getting your study permit. Keep reading.
Montenegro is a Balkan country with rugged mountains, medieval villages, and a narrow strip of beaches along its Adriatic coastline.
The Bay of Kotor, resembling a fjord, is dotted with coastal churches and fortified towns such as Kotor and Herceg Novi. English is not a widely spoken Montenegro language.
In this article
Why Study in Canada from Montenegro?
This country is attractive with a high-quality education of the European standard and the status of one of the best world resorts because it is a picturesque center of recreation, fresh air, clean water, and breathtaking mountain landscapes.
However, Canada’s education system has been ranked as one of the best in the world. Once you start studying in Canada, you have a chance at a bright future. The reason why you should consider studying in Canada from Montenegro are-
- Access to some of the best education institutions in the world
- Ability to work as a Montenegro Citizen in Canada
- A simple process of application open to Montenegro students
- A clear and popular path to long-term visa options for permanent residency in Canada.
- Affordable education and tuition
- Safety guaranteed
- Technological advancement
- Networking opportunities
- You can enter the Canadian workforce.
- You can immigrate to Canada.
- Can travel.
Types of Programs Montenegro students can study in Canada
There are various programs you can take in Canada. The most popular are-
An undergraduate program is a program that is more general in nature. It covers a variety of subjects ranging from relatable things like languages to more complex things like the study of space. Undergraduate classes are usually large, the dedicated team of professors in Canada is always ready to help you nurture your dreams.
Diploma programs are courses of study which focus on practical skills. Unlike degree programs, diploma courses put emphasis on technical practices than wide theoretical knowledge. Usually, students can complete these courses within two to three years which allows them to enter the workforce earlier.
A master’s program is an academic program geared towards the completion of a course of study demonstrating mastery or a high-order overview of a specific field of study or area of professional practice.
Students who graduate with a master’s degree should possess advanced knowledge of a specialized body of theoretical and applied topics, a high level of skills and techniques associated with their chosen subject area, and a range of transferable and professional skills gained through independent and highly focused learning and research. A master’s program is usually sought after an undergraduate program.
A master of business administration (MBA) is a graduate degree that provides theoretical and practical training for business or investment management. An MBA is designed to help graduates gain a better understanding of general business management functions.
MBA degree can have a general focus or a specific focus in fields such as accounting, finance, or marketing, and relationship management.
PHDs are programs sought after at the highest academic level awarded following a course of study. These programs are awarded for programs across the whole breadth of academic fields.
Because it is an earned research degree, those studying for a Ph.D. are required to produce original research that expands the boundaries of knowledge, normally in the form of a thesis or dissertation, and defend their work against experts in the field.Study in Canada from Liechtenstein
Cost of Studying in Canada from Montenegro
The cost of studying in Canada from Montenegro as a whole could look scary at first. However, the cost would be broken down in Canada’s currency (CAD). The cost of studying in Canada from Montenegro are-
- Visa Fees– Of course you would have to pay for your visa to travel to Canada. The average cost for your visa and flight ticket from Montenegro to Canada would be about 225 CAD
- Tuition fees- Tuition fees start at around 400 CAD/year for programs in Social Sciences, Art, or Education. Quite a few programs range between 1,000 and 4,000 CAD/year, but the vast majority of them cost over 10,000 CAD/ year.
- The cost of housing– Housing is one of the cheap things in Canada, especially if you are a student with little need for much space. Your housing should cost about 50,000CAD
- Food and groceries Bills- Of course you would definitely need to eat. Food is inexpensive in Canada but you have to consider the amount of money you would pay for food and groceries. In a month, you should estimate about 1,800CAD
- Transportation costs- You would not be needing to move around a lot, but when you do, it should not cost as much, especially when you are studying and working. The minimum amount you can spend on transportation in Canada is 70CAD
- Electricity costs- The government in Canada does not take care of your electricity tariffs. However, the cost of electricity does not cost as much. Electricity costs about 180CAD for a month.
Scholarship for Montenegro students in Canada
If you are a Montenegro citizen, looking to get a Ph.D. scholarship, Masters Scholarships, or Undergraduate scholarships to fund your education in Canada, the list of scholarship programs you can look out for are-
- Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) Scholarship programs- UICC Technical Fellowships (UICC-TF), 2019. This scholarship has partial funding and is open to all nationals except Americans
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Scholarship programs- NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2020- This scholarship has partial funding and is open to citizens and all students in Canada who are studying Engineering, Psychology, Math, Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth sciences, Ecology, Biology
- Financial CAD Corporation Scholarship programs- This scholarship has partial funding and is open to all students in accredited universities.
- Engineering Institute of Technology(EIT). Scholarship programs- EIT International Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is available for all bachelor’s and master’s students of science and engineering.
- British Council Scholarship programs- British Council – IELTS Award, 2021. This scholarship has partial funding and is also open to all nationals getting a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Scholarship programs- Silk Roads Youth Research Grants, 2021- This scholarship is open to all students offering- Science and Technology, Traditional Knowhow and Craftsmanship, Religion and Spirituality, Language and Literature, Arts and Music, Traditional Sports and Games.
- The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Scholarship programs- The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant, 2021- This scholarship is available to all Arts students and has only partial funding.
- Toptal Scholarship programs- Toptal STEM Scholarships for Women- This scholarship is open to high school, Bachelors, and Masters
How to apply for admission in Canada from Montenegro
The first step you should take towards studying in Canada is to choose your program and course of study. You must have in mind the program and course of study you intend to run in Canada from Montenegro.
The second step you should take is to pick a school you want to study in and apply to. Canada boasts of having a variety of schools. As such, picking a particular school to study in can be a daunting task. Ensure that the school in question offers the program and course which you have chosen.
After you have submitted your application, you would get a letter of acceptance from a Canadian designated learning institution if you get accepted into the school. You can then start the process of leaving for Canada from Montenegro to study.
Apply for a Study Permit: With your acceptance letter in hand, you’ll be ready to apply for your study permit. The steps and requirements for getting a study permit have been listed below.
Process your visa and get ready to leave to study in Canada.
Applying for a Canada study visa from Montenegro
In applying for a Canada study visa from Montenegro, some documents you should have are-
- Acceptance letter from your school of choice.
- Proof of financial support or proof of your bank account showing enough funds to sponsor you
- Identity documents: Birth certificate, marriage certificate, and passport.
When you have these documents ready, the steps you should take in obtaining the Canadian study permit in Montenegro are-
Check your eligibility: Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for a Canadian study permit and that you have all of the necessary documents needed.
Prepare your application: If you meet all eligibility requirements and have the documents ready, you should then start the application process. If you don’t show that you meet the requirements, an immigration officer may reject your application. It is a good idea to have a qualified immigration representative review your application before you submit it.
Submit your study permit application: You have two options when submitting your application. You can submit an electronic application by creating an account on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website and submitting scanned documents; or you can submit a paper-based application by mailing the hard copies of your documents to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Niger republic.
If your study permit is approved, you can come to Canada as soon as you can. You do not receive your Canadian study permit until you arrive at a Canadian Port of Entry (POE). If your permit is approved, the Canadian government will issue you a Port of Entry Introduction Letter.
You must show this letter to the immigration official when you arrive in Canada to get your study permit.
The amount of time it would take for you to get your study permit depends on the number of processing requests at that time. The shortest processing time is 1-2 weeks, but some applicants can expect to wait as long as 16 weeks.
If you’re applying close to the beginning of Canada’s academic year you may experience delays.
Studying in Canada from Montenegro is totally worth it. So far as you have the money and the right documents, you should be ready to take the bold step.
What is the best time to apply for study in Canada from Montenegro?
The earlier you apply for admission into the new academic year, the better. Apply as early as you can- at least 3 months prior to resumption.
How do get a scholarship to study in Canada from Montenegro?
You must apply for a scholarship to be able to get it. Ensure you meet the requirements, whether academically or country-based.
How to study in Canada after graduation from Montenegro?
Get all the documents needed ready and apply. You can apply to get another degree or you can choose to further your studies through a master’s program.
Do I need IELTS or TOEFL to study in Canada from Montenegro?
Yes. AN IELTS test is needed. Canada requires that you have a test to show you can speak English fluently. There are also other exams you can write to show your English proficiency level.
Can Montenegro students work in Canada while studying?
All students are allowed to work while studying in Canada so far they wish to. You can work up to 20-30 hours a week.
Is Canada the best country for Montenegro students?
Canada has a good history of accepting international students to study in Universities in Canada so far as you meet the requirements for schooling in the university.