Many Namibian students want to study in Canada. We cover all you need to know about how to study in Canada from Namibia, as well as your possibilities for working and studying in Canada.
Like students moving to study in Canada from Namibia, many other international students have also chosen their study destination to be Canada. Emigrants heading to Canada with the purpose of studying there are always with great benefits in return.
This is because students who study in Canada from Namibia have been testifying to the good life and quality educational structure provided by Canadian institutions to international students. Canada is welcoming and known as a study hotspot for students from Namibia.
Furthermore, the Canadian study permit program, as well as the pathways to Canadian residency for you and your family, are not an exception.
Namibia is not exempt in this regard. Namibia, an African country, has the option of studying in areas such as the United States and the United Kingdom, but they chose to study in Canada instead.
Table of Contents
- Why Study In Canada From Namibia
- Benefits Of Studying in Canada From Namibia
- Types of programs Namibian students can study in Canada
- Cost of Study in Canada from Namibia
- Study loans for Namibia students
- Scholarship in Canada
- Canadian admission procedure for Namibian students
- Canadian embassy address in Namibia
Why Study In Canada From Namibia
Throughout history, Canada has been able to maintain a very generous immigration program in the world compared to other countries, not only to Namibia but to every other country with desires to upgrade their abilities.
Moreover, Canada’s generosity gives Namibia the freedom to gain entry, permanent residency added to their zero ability of racism. Canada is also a very quiet place, therefore, providing a very conducive environment for education.
Benefits Of Studying in Canada From Namibia
- High educational standard
- Affordable Education
- Ability To Work While Studying
- Student Safety
- Job Opportunities
- Safety and conducive environment
High educational standard
Canada, As one of the top three countries with the most educational migration, has made its score in very high-quality education. Therefore, all degrees, certificates and educational rewards match to all that off the leasing countries, with which you can attain any job or business, in any country
This is a very important factor that gives everybody in Namibia a chance to tap into their education. It has the most affordable colleges and tuition among others. It is capable of giving rich Namibia and the poor Namibians a chance as they offer financial support.
Canada is also known for the numerous scholarships they give including Namibian citizens, therefore, Namibians can apply for scholarships and save their money.
Ability To Work While Studying
It’s a normal attribute in Canada to work while studying and that is also applicable to international students. So, a Namibian, who migrates to Canada can harbour an opportunity of working and earning in order to be independent.
Well, Namibians can use 20 hours a week for part-time work without applying for a work permit and can work full time during semester break or summer break. And they can work in any field not necessary in their field of study.
Canada is a country with a very low crime rate, together with them being racist free. Since they work towards maintaining a high educational immigrant. They, therefore, provide safe accommodation for citizen’s as well as international students. So this can be a safe place for Namibians.
Unlike the job problems going on in Africa, Canada offers jobs to its graduate’s citizens and international students at least six months after graduation. This is because Canada is advanced in technology so they always build new industries to make employment opportunities.
Safety and conducive environment
Canada has proved its reputation to be a very safe environment for international students to settle and study, not only that the environment is safe and also very conducive for any type of program one can decide to do in Canada hence making Namibian students consider Canada as a study destination.Study in Canada from Tajikistan
Types of programs Namibian students can study in Canada
There is a wide range of degrees Canada Universities offer to students who study in Canada from Namibia. Those programs are
Undergraduate degree program
Earning an undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree takes four years of full-time study in Canadian universities. After that, the degree program certificates will be offered to qualified students.
This program can take about one year or more to do but depends on the Canadian school where you choose to do the program. A diploma program is done when one wants to change his course of study, upgrade, result or just to get a diploma certificate in the course of his choice.
MSc program in Canada
Students who study in Canada from Namibia spend a minimum of 18 months of study to earn a master’s (MSc) degree. Your program could either be course-based or thesis-based. However, in some universities, you can offer both. The requirement for admission for a master’s program in Canada is the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
Master’s in business administration is a program one can do in Canada to obtain deeper professional skills in areas of business, management and administration etc. Canadian MBA program duration is between 18 months to 2 years of study.
Earning a doctorate in Canada requires students from Namibia to complete original research that significantly contributes to their field of study and the defence of their dissertation. This program can take Namibians a minimum of three years to study in Canada.Study in Canada from Burundi
Cost of Study in Canada from Namibia
The cost of studying in Canada varies from province to province and university to understand or even program to program. Sometimes from city to city and depending on the school of choice and course of study.
Therefore, the following are the average tuition fee for degrees in Canada which Namibian students can pay.
Average Tuition fee
- BSc degree: Between $13,000 to $20,000.
- MS degree: Between $17,000 to $25,000.
- MBA: Between $30,000 to $40,000.
- Doctoral degree: Between $7,000 to $15,000.
Proof of fund
Namibian students can have who wish to study in Canada from Namibia are expected to have the minimum personal support of about $10,000 plus the cost of tuition for at least 1 year.
Who can sponsor a Namibian student to study in Canada
- Your sponsorship can come from any of these people below
- Your family members
- Scholarships organization
- Canadian nationals
- You can also work as a student part-time while studying in Canada. Through your part-time work, you can earn income to support your living and personal expenses.
Study loans for Namibia students
There are student loans you can go for in Canada, the lender will assess your academic success, career choice, and some other factors before authorizing your loan.
Organizations that offer student loans in Canada
The list of lenders that can offer student loans are
- Future finance student loans
- Prodigy Finance.
- The global student loan.
- International student loan.
Scholarship in Canada
Namibians can find scholarships in Canada through several scholarship organisations that offer scholarships to international students including Namibians. Students who wish to study in Canada can access this scholarship. A
nd it can be given to those who meet up with the requirements and are confirmed eligible to receive Canadian scholarships.
Eligibility for Canadian Scholarship
- You must be admitted into a graduate program at the master’s or doctoral degree
- Must have a valid study permit
- Must be registered in full-time studies for more than two terms in your academic application.
Organizations that offer scholarships to Namibian students in Canada
- The British Columbia Neporany Doctoral fellowship,
- David W. Strangway Award for Excellence,
- Aspire – Canada scholarship program,
- HKADC overseas arts administration scholarships,
- National arts council arts scholarships in Singapore,
- The University of Toronto – petro Jacyk visiting scholars program in Canada,
- NEADS national student awards in Canada,
- Ritchie-Jennings memorial scholarship program,
- Royal society international exchange program,
- NWO Rubicon scholarship
Mode of scholarship application
You don’t need to travel to Canada to get a scholarship application form to study in Canada from Namibia
Rather, you can easily apply for a scholarship by filling an online application form. Take note of scholarship deadlines and requirements while applying.
Requirements for scholarships application in Canada.
- English by means of IELTS scores. Some institutions also include GRE scores.
- Scholarship for Master’s degree programme, Namibian students should have minimum academic requirement of CGPA 3 – 4 points in their bachelor’s degree programme
Canadian admission procedure for Namibian students
- Choose an institution
- Prepare and submit an application
- Obtain a study permit.
- When applying for admission you may want to get the assistance of consultants/representatives or do a self-application. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. A consultant can give you an additional recommendation on how to go about your choice of program and institutions.
- Though self-application will build confidence and self-reliance, However, when you make a mistake your admission can be forfeited. Therefore it is advised that you do a thorough check on the admission requirements before applying.
Applying for a Canada study visa from Namibia
Some necessities need to be in place while applying for a Canadian study visa from Namibia.
- Canada study visa requirements for
- Namibian students
- Valid international passport.
- Academic documents.
- Prove that you have enough funds to support your study which is CA$10,000
- English proficiency test results (IELTS or CELPIP).
- Certificate of medical fitness.
- Receipt of tuition fee payment (optional).
- The study permit Canada fee is $150.
Admission checklist to study in Canada are
- Check passports for validity.
- Apply for visas and work permits.
- Availability of accommodation for students.
- Budget for living cost.
- Do a health checkup.
- Double-check all documents.
It takes no less than 3 months to process your study permit to study in Canada from Namibia.
Paper vs online Application
You can use a paper application or an online application. The paper application allows you to provide unique information about yourself that you are not able to fill in the online application, while the online application is much faster and convenient
Canadian embassy address in Namibia
- Canadian Honorary Consulate in Windhoek, Namibia
Mission location Address
4 Eadie Street
P.O. Box 128
- Mission telephone
(+264) 61 251 254
(+264) 61 251 686
- Mission emailEmail
Mission hoursOffice hours
- Monday-Friday: 08:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00
- Mission headed of mission
Mr François Uys, Honorary Consul
What is the best time to apply for studies in Canada from Namibia?
The admission process starts from September – October with the deadline usually in January – February. So between March and May, the university sends their response. Therefore, between May and June, you are required to apply for and obtain your student visa to Canada.
Is Canada the best country to study from Namibia?
Yes, of course. Going by the standards of top countries in the world, Canada is one of the cheapest and most affordable countries in the world to study in. So Canada is the best place to study.