Research shows that students study in Canada from Nauru due to the country’s quality of education as well as its tolerant society.
Additionally, Canada is one of the biggest attractors of international students all over the world. It is a beautiful country and has welcoming citizens.
More so, the educational system in the country is top notch and is one of the best in the world. This is why it is not surprising many people wish to study in Canada from Nauru.
The continuous increase in the number of Nauruan students seeking for admission to study in Canada Universities and colleges should not be a thing of surprise to you because Canada is multicultural and bilingual.
This article will provide you the comprehensive guide to know all the processes involved to study in Canada from Nauru, work while studying and other opportunities in Canada.
In this article
- Why Study in Canada from Nauru
- Benefits of studying in Canada from Nauru
- Financial supports for education
- Quality Education
- Job opportunities
- Standard of living
- Possibility of Immigration
- Prospects in Canada after graduating
- Popular Canadian Province for Nauruan students
- Types of Programs Nauruan Students can Study in Canada
- Undergraduate Programs
- Postgraduate Programs
- Cost of Studying in Canada from Nauru
- Study loan for Nauruan students to Canada
- Scholarship for Nauruan Students in Canada
- Minimum Academic requirements to study in Canada from Nauru
- Steps to apply for admission from Nauru
- English/French language requirements
- Applying for Canada Study Visa from Nauru
- Study permit Canada fees
- Study permit processing time and expiry date
- Study visa application offices in Nauru
Why Study in Canada from Nauru
Canada is the third largest country spreading over an area land and population. It is one of the most virtuous diverse and multicultural nations due to large-scale immigration of international students.
Additionally, different learning from top quality faculties and overall student cultural activities enhance their commitment to excellence remains successful.
Canada has a stimulating culture and healthy economy as it has a universal influence of international students over the world.
Top universities hosts international students including Nauruan students as Canada degrees are recognized around the world for their academic excellence and enhanced learning experience.
Canada has the latest technologies and advancement that gives student a chance to make their future in their respective fields of study.
Benefits of studying in Canada from Nauru
Financial supports for education
Canada provides various scholarship such as Canadian scholarship, Institutional scholarships and Non-governmental scholarships for international students.
Quality education in Canada enables students to develop all of their attributes and skills to achieve their potentiality as human beings and members of society.
Students who desire to study in Canada are also opportune to job openings during school hours. Many students from Nauru apply for Part time jobs in Canada before they arrive.
You can also work while studying in Canada. You can work for about 20 hours a week during the semester and full time during summer holidays.
Standard of living
Canada ranks above average in housing, subjective well-being, personal security, health status, social connections, environmental quality, jobs etc.
Possibility of Immigration
International students with Canadian certificates and work experience may apply for lasting residency without leaving Canada.
Prospects in Canada after graduating
Pursuing degrees from top universities in Canada makes it easier for international students to gain employment.
Below are some of the highest paid occupations for Nauru students after graduation.
- Financial Managers
- Registered Nurses
- Construction Managers
- Pharmacist among others.
However, when citizens of Nauru have strong English and French skills, it often result in higher demand and better wages from Canadian employers.Study in Canada from Bhutan
Popular Canadian Province for Nauruan students
There are over 90 post-secondary institutions in Canada, offering over 15,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The following are the most popular universities for Nauruan students in Canada.
- University of Calgary located in Alberta, Mount Royal University.
- Brandon University in Manitoba.
- Yorkville University located in Toronto.
- University of British Columbia located in Vancouver.
Types of Programs Nauruan Students can Study in Canada
Undergraduate education is conducted after secondary education. It includes all post-secondary education up to the level of a Bachelor’s degree. University programs are typically 3 to 4 years.
Examples of these professional programs includes Engineering, Business Administration, Law, among others. The degree is required to pursue any post- graduate degrees.
Postgraduate students are graduate students studying for a second qualification. Masters is mainly for those who want to study a particular subject in detail.
Of course, there are varieties of Master degree programs availed by Canadian institutions. These include MSc, MA, MTS, MLA, MFA, MMF, MTSD, etc.
PhD is the most common degree at the highest academic level awarded following a course of study in a post-secondary institution.
Cost of Studying in Canada from Nauru
The cost of studying a post-secondary institutions in Canada vary due to some reasons which includes the type of program you want to study, whether you an undergraduate or postgraduate students.
Below are the average tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wants to study in Canada.
Undergraduate program: $15,000 to $22,000 per year.
Graduate program: $10,000 to $25,000 per year.
Study loan for Nauruan students to Canada
International student loan in Canada is the way to fund your cost of study in Canada. Most provincial loans are limited to Canadian students only.
Additionally, if you are an international student looking to study in Canada and you need an education loan, you might have to look for private providers.
More so, education loans along with scholarship are the easiest ways to fund your studies while studying in Canada because they are mainly for students and the repayments is flexible.
Scholarship for Nauruan Students in Canada
International students who cannot afford to study in Canada due to lack of fund can apply for scholarship. You can study in Canada on fully funded or partially funded scholarship.
Furthermore, the Canadian government and many post-secondary institutions offer international students including Nauruan’s possibilities for obtaining scholarships, awards, to finance their education.
Most importantly, if you are interested in applying for a scholarship, it is important to understand the application process and abide by the deadline specified by the granting organization or institution.
Minimum Academic requirements to study in Canada from Nauru
However, there is no Canadian post-secondary institution without admission requirements. Each program has specific course and supplemental requirements.
With this in mind, you must have graduated from college if you want to apply for an undergraduate program in Canada.
Additionally, graduate studies applicants need to have previously completed an undergraduate program from an accredited institution.
Furthermore, your admission average will be calculated based on the curriculum, grading practices and grading scale interpretation.
You need to know that some courses are also competitive than others, so aim for the highest grades you can earn.
Steps to apply for admission from Nauru
Admission requirements for admission depend on your home country and your current level of education.
- To begin with, you must check the institution’s website or program calendar for detailed requirements in order to confirm your course availability.
- Secondly, apply for admission into the college or university and submit all supporting documents as requested by the institution.
Refer to the admission requirements listed based on your choice of program.
- Thirdly, after you apply and submit all your documents the next step is to wait for the college or university to process your application.
Additionally, you will receive an email as soon as the school makes a decision on your application. A Letter of Acceptance from the institution will be included the mail sent to you.
- Lastly, you need to print and submit your study permit when applying for visa. If your study permit application gets approval, you can leave your country to study in Canada.
If your offer is conditional, you need to forward your transcripts to show that you have met your admission conditions.
English/French language requirements
Educational institutions will require you to provide proof of your language proficiency during the process of application.
Additionally, students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting the results of one of the following evaluation methods at the level relative to their applied program.
Canadian institutions accept these test results from Nauruan students.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test (CAEL)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
However, the language requirement of each educational institution is different from the other.
Other requirements includes
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of purpose
Applying for Canada Study Visa from Nauru
You are required to submit the following documents and credentials.
- A valid passport or other lawful traveling document, as well as two passports with your full names and date of birth written at the back.
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA) received from an accredited institution for an academic program.
- Proof of funds through a Canadian bank account, recent bank statements, financial aids or student loan documents, among others.
- A police report showing that you have no criminal records.
- Letter of explanation with information on reasons why you chose Canada as your choice of institution.
- You may be required to undergo a medical examination from a doctor approved by the Canadian government. You can find a list of approved centers by visiting http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
- submit a proof that you paid for the visa application.
Study permit Canada fees
Students who are planning to study in Canada from Nauru must pay for their Canadian study permit application.
Therefore, you need to pay a sum of CAN $150 in other to apply and process your study permit.
Study permit processing time and expiry date
It takes about 15 days to process a study permit from the Visa Application Center in Nauru.
However, the study permits expires 90 days after the completion of your program in Canada.
Study visa application offices in Nauru
Unfortunately, there is no Visa Application Center (VAC) in Nauru but you can contact the Canadian Embassy in Nauru.
The High Commission of Canada of Nauru
- Address: MQ45 NPC OE, Aiwo District, Nauru.
- Phone number: + 674 444 3380
- Website nauru.highcommission.gov.au
Additionally, you can visit the center for visa application and passport collection between 9am to 5:00pm on Mondays to Thursdays.
Can Nauruan students work in Canada while studying?
Yes, if your study permit includes a condition that says you can work on or off campus. You can only start working in Canada when you start your program as a student.
What is the average salary for Nauruan students in Canada?
The average salary for Nauruan students working in Canada is $19/ hour and $37,000 per year.
When does my study permit expire?
Your study permit expires 90 days from the date of graduation.